Diablo® III

ATI 12.4 Catalyst – Graphic Issues *Update*

Do a driver wipe.

Uninstall "all AMD software" using the same software you use to install the drivers.

Restart, and install 12.4.

Restart, and your good to go.

Just tried that and also tried 12.3 just in case it was a 12.4 issue. Still no luck

Wait.... what?

So you uninstalled ALL AMD SOFTWARE, and your CCC did not get removed? Or what? More details please.
Reply Quote
I can't say I can agree with that.
My 6750m saw a HUGE decrease in performance upon upgrading to 12.4.
No changes, just upgraded the drivers and got awful FPS.

Can someone confirm that?

If this is true, I will downgrade to 12.3, even if I have a AMD Radeon HD 6xxx.
Reply Quote
How do you determine which version of catalyst you are currently running?
Reply Quote
Standard video driver rule: If you are running everything FINE, don't switch .

*Unless you read some driver note in a future version that affects your card, no reason to upgrade the driver.

Better off checking the manufacturer of your card's web site first for an upgrade, also.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
05/07/2012 04:15 PMPosted by GenghisKhan
So the "amd 12.4 drivers are not supported" has changed? I assume this means I can keep them installed since I run 6950's.

if you are running 2 6950's you must be building a mars rocket no game on planet earth is coded to use even 70%5 of the 6950s power

Grats on having the overkill award really whats the point FPS is capped by the human eyeball lol
Reply Quote
74 Orc Shaman
05/08/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Gidgets
So the "amd 12.4 drivers are not supported" has changed? I assume this means I can keep them installed since I run 6950's.

if you are running 2 6950's you must be building a mars rocket no game on planet earth is coded to use even 70%5 of the 6950s power

Grats on having the overkill award really whats the point FPS is capped by the human eyeball lol

Not really? New cards still struggle to max out Crysis and Metro 2033, and those are both a few years old now.
Reply Quote
93 Orc Shaman
sorry for the coment but... Im glad that i have a NVIDIA :P

my last PC had a ATI and ive come to NVIDIA after continous crashes on games (maybe its just something model related, but its my PERSONAL experience)

lol ive had the reverse experience ati flawless for me and nvia sigh... enjoy d3 <3
Reply Quote
my Geforce GT440 is not supported eather, to clarify, its not even on a list.
Reply Quote
I wonder how many Nvidia employees are posting here, lol.

I've used Nvidia cards for YEARS. Two years ago when I built this system, I put an ATI Radeon HD 5770 in it and have never had any issues at all with any game I've played.
Edited by Yura#1753 on 5/9/2012 12:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
badcompany, I would definitely upgrade from that one.

A bunch of sub $150 cards will be a huge boost for you.

Radeon wise you want at least 57xx/67xx/77xx model number, x8xx/x9xx preferred.

Nvidia wise at that price point, 550Ti is about it.
Reply Quote
If you played the beta, and it was fine, I wouldn't upgrade your driver.

12.5 Catalyst may get to the bottom of issues, so I would wait for that.

I am not having issues with my 5850, if I was, I would start with v10.0 and work my way forward until I found one that worked fine.
Edited by Badfinger#1431 on 5/9/2012 1:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
sorry for the coment but... Im glad that i have a NVIDIA :P

my last PC had a ATI and ive come to NVIDIA after continous crashes on games (maybe its just something model related, but its my PERSONAL experience)

lol ive had the reverse experience ati flawless for me and nvia sigh... enjoy d3 <3

here i thought i was the only one who feels the same way!
Edited by Wolfine#1739 on 5/9/2012 6:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Zalethra

Not really? New cards still struggle to max out Crysis and Metro 2033, and those are both a few years old now.

Yes, crossfire 6950's here. You need it just to get good frame rates at the highest settings in Crysis 2.
Reply Quote
99 Worgen Warrior
I wish I wasn't so video card illiterate.
Reply Quote
Anyone have issues trying to update to 12.4 and it keeps whatever previous version of Catalyst you were using? I'm using HD 5850 btw

Yes. Several folks on hardforum have reported this problem including me. You can even run driver sweeper after removing 12.4 and the problem persists. The good news is if you check all the actual driver versions and package number that were installed, they are indeed 12.4. It's just that Catalyst reports the previous driver. My guess, there is a registry setting somewhere that doesn't update properly.
Edited by GenghisKhan#1476 on 5/9/2012 8:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7. ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

ATI is aware and investigating. Until a solution can be provided we recommend those affected use the Catalyst 12.3 drivers.

Visual effects? Heck After I installed 12.4 drivers (ATI 4870) during beta I got a message from D3 saying it was not supported and I had to uninstall because I could not even load the game. That's not visual effects, unless I suppose you consider not playing the game a visual effect..
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 5/9/2012 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Apehangers
Anyone have issues trying to update to 12.4 and it keeps whatever previous version of Catalyst you were using? I'm using HD 5850 btw

Yes. Several folks on hardforum have reported this problem including me. You can even run driver sweeper after removing 12.4 and the problem persists. The good news is if you check all the actual driver versions and package number that were installed, they are indeed 12.4. It's just that Catalyst reports the previous driver. My guess, there is a registry setting somewhere that doesn't update properly.

huh, I had that issue when I first updated to 12.4, but after a wipe and install it shows up as 12.4......
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]