Diablo® III

ATI 12.4 Catalyst – Graphic Issues *Update*

You are the first I have heard that had that clear up the issue. I ran driver sweeper in safe mode just to be sure no AMD drivers were running. No matter, I am running 12.4 drivers, they are just being reported wrong.

05/09/2012 08:53 AMPosted by AudioCG

Yes. Several folks on hardforum have reported this problem including me. You can even run driver sweeper after removing 12.4 and the problem persists. The good news is if you check all the actual driver versions and package number that were installed, they are indeed 12.4. It's just that Catalyst reports the previous driver. My guess, there is a registry setting somewhere that doesn't update properly.

huh, I had that issue when I first updated to 12.4, but after a wipe and install it shows up as 12.4......
Reply Quote
You are the first I have heard that had that clear up the issue. I ran driver sweeper in safe mode just to be sure no AMD drivers were running. No matter, I am running 12.4 drivers, they are just being reported wrong.

huh, I had that issue when I first updated to 12.4, but after a wipe and install it shows up as 12.4......

Wierd, I used Auslogics reg cleaner after my uninstall, no issues.

Wait.

lol, I know why!

I dont use CCC, I use ATI Tray Tools, and MSI afterburner, that would prolly be why I dont have said glitch.
Reply Quote
Aka, don't use integrated/ancient hardware?
Reply Quote

Wait.

lol, I know why!

I dont use CCC, I use ATI Tray Tools, and MSI afterburner, that would prolly be why I dont have said glitch.

I know how to do a manual uninstall and that would probably fix it, but it is a pain and I'm to lazy :)
Reply Quote
We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7. ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

ATI is aware and investigating. Until a solution can be provided we recommend those affected use the Catalyst 12.3 drivers.

Hello Bashiok hope I get a reply on this, I downloaded the 12.4 a few days ago, how I roll back to 12.3? I can´t find them on the amd page plz help

Thnx in advance
Reply Quote

Wait.

lol, I know why!

I know how to do a manual uninstall and that would probably fix it, but it is a pain and I'm to lazy :)

Just pull up your AMD software in your "programs" list, select "change/uninstall" and the AMD installer will pop up, just select "Uninstall all AMD software", then run a reg cleaner after, restart, and install new drivers.
Reply Quote
We've recently become aware that playing Diablo III with the latest Catalyst 12.4 drivers for ATI cards may cause some visual artifacts for specific hardware configurations. This issue affects users of ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards under Windows Vista and Windows 7. ATI Radeon HD 4600, 4700, 4800, 5000, 6000 and 7000 series products are unaffected, as is Windows XP.

ATI is aware and investigating. Until a solution can be provided we recommend those affected use the Catalyst 12.3 drivers.

Hello Bashiok hope I get a reply on this, I downloaded the 12.4 a few days ago, how I roll back to 12.3? I can´t find them on the amd page plz help

Thnx in advance

I can get you a link, what GPU, and what OS you on? (also, 32 or 64 bit?)
Reply Quote
Google is your friend ;)
Vista 64
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx
Vista 32
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx
XP
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_xp.aspx
Edited by GenghisKhan#1476 on 5/9/2012 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Did that the first time around, didn't solve the problem. A manual unistall including going through the registry I'm sure would work, but like I said, I'm lazy ;)

Just pull up your AMD software in your "programs" list, select "change/uninstall" and the AMD installer will pop up, just select "Uninstall all AMD software", then run a reg cleaner after, restart, and install new drivers.
Reply Quote
AMD Catalyst™ 12.4a Hotfix Driver just posted at the guru3d forums:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=362726
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/09/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Nzlich

Was just about to post that! Thanks, and yeah sticky is updated now too.

Hurray!
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Can I run Diablo 3 , I got the beta and played that decently just wondering if I can install and play the game at release please,I have Windows 7 ,Amd athlon 7450 dual core processor 2.40 GHz,3GB of ram,Nvidia GeForce 8200?I run WoW no problem almost high settings but I know this is a newer game.Dont wanna be upset since I have digital DL pre ordered :( I suspect since they gave me beta with my specs I should be able to run it maybe just on low till I upgrade.
Edited by Stevey233#1568 on 5/9/2012 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Nvidia has its issues with games as well but personally i like them better as well even though im currently using a ATI card and have never had a issue.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
05/09/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Hadrios
Can I run Diablo 3 , I got the beta and played that decently just wondering if I can install and play the game at release please,I have Windows 7 ,Amd athlon 7450 dual core processor 2.40 GHz,3GB of ram,Nvidia GeForce 8200?I run WoW no problem almost high settings but I know this is a newer game.Dont wanna be upset since I have digital DL pre ordered :( I suspect since they gave me beta with my specs I should be able to run it maybe just on low till I upgrade.

If you played the beta with no trouble you should be fine with the live release
Reply Quote
Im still confused on if i need to download this or not,

Hardware

ATI Radeon HD 4500 Series
ATI Radeon HD 3600 Series
ATI Radeon HD 3400 Series
ATI Radeon HD 2900
ATI Radeon HD 2600
ATI Radeon HD 2400

are the ones u need it for mine is

ATI Radeon HD 4250.
Reply Quote
As someone already asked, what about the 4870's 4890's etc? I got the error message with my 4870 when I upgraded to 12.4, but I don't see the category my card falls into (4000 series) listed. Should we revert back to 12.3 or install the fix to 12.4 instead? I deleted the beta client, so I can't really test it.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Bashiok

Was just about to post that! Thanks, and yeah sticky is updated now too.

Hurray!

Bashiok plz tell us if using this hotfix will fix the problem detected to run d3

Thnx in advance
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This issue has now been resolved in the AMD Catalyst 12.4a hotfix driver. Users of the ATI Radeon HD 2400, 2600, 2900, 3400, 3600 and 4500 graphics cards are the only AMD customers who need to download this hotfix driver.

Thanks Bash, appreciate the info.
Reply Quote
When I first played the beta, (Radeon 4800 HD series) my computer would periodically shut itself off due to overheating. I updated my drivers and the issue seemed to be fixed. Out of curiosity, anyone else have this issue with this Radeon series? Also, is it likely with changes in the game since beta, I will run into more issues?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]