Diablo® III

ATI 12.4 Catalyst – Graphic Issues *Update*

Mine doesnt shut off, it just freezes for like 3 mins and then comes back. I have Radeon 4250 hd, it does this for like a month straight, and then next month it wont do it at all, Really weird.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Flopjack
When I first played the beta, (Radeon 4800 HD series) my computer would periodically shut itself off due to overheating. I updated my drivers and the issue seemed to be fixed. Out of curiosity, anyone else have this issue with this Radeon series? Also, is it likely with changes in the game since beta, I will run into more issues?

I doubt those are driver issues - those are most like related to you not having proper ventillation for the card and/or the dust clogging the exhaust vents of the card. Do you clean your card often? If your card is several years old might be a good idea to also change the thermal paste.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I'm probably still better off using the 12.3 drivers due to them being more stable aren't I?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Also, for what it's worth, you can follow AMD's officially unofficial driver development here:

https://twitter.com/#!/catalystcreator

He occasionally posts some large updates there that you may not find out about elsewhere. He also recently tweeted the AMD driver survey where you can submit bug reports:

http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D27E29B0E3

Fortunately, this big issue has been worked out, but AMD GPU owners may find the above information worth their while.
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Trevisan
sorry for the coment but... Im glad that i have a NVIDIA :P

How many people are actually trying to run any current games using one of those five year old graphics cards? The HD 2400 isn't even a card designed to run games. Personally, I've only ever used ATI cards and never had any problems. I underclock my HD 4890 and it still ran the DIII beta flawlessly. I'm sure NVIDEA cards are wonderful. We do have one computer in the hourse with one. Honestly, none of us have every expianced any problems with either.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Flopjack
When I first played the beta, (Radeon 4800 HD series) my computer would periodically shut itself off due to overheating. I updated my drivers and the issue seemed to be fixed. Out of curiosity, anyone else have this issue with this Radeon series? Also, is it likely with changes in the game since beta, I will run into more issues?

It's possible that fan wasn't responding to temperature changes due to some driver issue, but doubtful. You can test the fan by switching to manual control and move the RPM slider back and forth, listening for changes in the fan speed.

Better to check for dust in the heatsink and blow it out from time to time.

The only time I've had my computer power off due to heat was from a high TJ MAX CPU temp.
Again, dust is often the culprit....or just poor ventilation. you can get desktop widgets that monitor both CPU and video temps. Recommended.
Reply Quote
View profile
Cool, problem solved..... Game on.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm having a graphical issue with World of Warcraft, akin to the screenshots of D3 I was able to find. Installing fix and hoping for the best.

EDIT: The Hotfix Fixed my Wow, I'm flying around to find any issues now.

No issues.
Edited by Aoteru#1417 on 5/10/2012 11:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
go nvidia!
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
12 Troll Rogue
Nvidia is so 90's
Reply Quote
If you have mobilty 4200 or 4250 I think you SHOULD download this update, since they are virtually identical to the 3400 series, which was affected.
Reply Quote
so is that okay to download 1.24 now? im HD6870 user
im now using 1.23
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I have the ATI Radeon HD 4800 series, and although this thread says I shouldn't have any issues with catalyst 12.4, when I hit "play" I get a "we have detected that your video card is not supported by Diablo III". Could someone give me guidance on this? I'm running on windows 7 64 bit. Also kind of a noob to these things, so I may have just missed something simple...
Reply Quote
I have a ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500,
I installed the hotfix 12.4a and it's still not working.

Anything I need to know before I kill my computer out of anger?
Specially since I played the Beta without any problems.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400. I am getting a pop-up box that says I need to update my driver in order to play Diablo III There are no updates for this driver. Will I not be able to play when the game launches tonight? I know its an older laptop, but I am not sure I can change the card. I was unable to add to the ram previously. I am in the market for a new , better model, but that is a couple months off at the moment.
Edited by Sioned#1884 on 5/14/2012 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Guys i have radeon hd 3600 and i just updated to 12.4a hotfix driver. When i enter the game is all grey and blurry. I no copmuter wizz and i'm out of ideeas. I want to state that i meet all the requirements for D3 (quad core q660, 4gb of dd2). Anyone any ideeas? Tanks:)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
working with the 4200 here, even though it says only those listed need to download the hotfix I was wondering if it would work for me, or if it was harmful to install since I'm not on the list.

I'm fairly certain 12.4 is my problem since I played open beta with 12.3 just fine

Edit: Went ahead and did it, works perfectly fine now, ADD 4200 TO THE LIST
Edited by Botelzor#1338 on 5/15/2012 2:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Guys , i have radeon 3650.i was able to play beta without any problem but now the game is just grey and messy :/ i have installed last driver and this hotfix thing but nothing happened.please help me , cant wait to play d3..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]