Diablo® III

Quick Gargantuan Question

26 Worgen Druid
The rune Restless Giant says as follows
"20% movement speed
35% attack speed
200% Physical damage
This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds. Elite enemies include champions, rares, bosses, and other players."

So my question is if i summon a Gargantuan with this rune, once every 120 seconds i get a faster and stronger Gargantuan?
Then my second question is to the last part of the tip.
"Elite enemies include champions, rares, bosses, and other players."
Why do they bring that up o-o;?
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Druid
Oooooo... i guess that makes sense... Damn i thought it was just an unlimited buff whenever you summoned one as long as you hadn't summoned one in the past 120, But that would make that rune the go to one if it did that i guess.
Reply Quote
Ya and it only lasts 15 seconds, and can also trigger when they engage 5+ enemies, which is...all the time from my experience in beta

Full tooltip

When the Gargantuan encounters an elite enemy or is near 5 enemies, it enrages for 15 seconds gaining:
20% movement speed
35% attack speed
200% Physical damage

This effect cannot occur more than once every 120 seconds. Elite enemies include champions, rares, bosses, and other players.
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Druid
Guh thats a big tool tip leave out. I thought it was just a permanent thing, well looks like I'm gonna have to change my rune on this one.
Reply Quote
The "engage 5 enemies" kills any function to actually save it for champ packs, really wish that was removed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
05/07/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Blazur
Guh thats a big tool tip leave out. I thought it was just a permanent thing, well looks like I'm gonna have to change my rune on this one.

The effect is too situational for me to consider using it all the time. I'll probably swap to this right before a battle boss, and when doing general questing stick with a rune that offers a more consistent bonus.

Agreed.

Big Stinker will probably be the go-to Gargantuan Rune for all but Boss fights. Even then it may be better, as it's a persistent effect, 15% WD as Poison every second.

In other words, filling the other 105 seconds of the Restless Giant Rune cooldown rather nicely.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]