Diablo® III

A/NZ Podcast first episode released.

Hey guys,

The first episode of The Diablo Herald is out!

The Diablo Herald is a brand new weekly podcast covering Diablo news, theorycrafting and lore.

Hosted by:
Hwaygo (John) - Aus
Regular guests:

Highlander (Patrick) - Aus
Weightless (Kurtis) - NZ

Each week we will be discussing global news and issues before moving on to regional topics. With two Australians and a New Zealand-er at the helm you can be sure that we will be talking about issues that are relevant to the A/NZ community!

The first episode can be seen on the Diablo Herald youtube, twitch.tv or downloaded through itunes.

http://www.youtube.com/diabloherald
http://twitch.tv/diabloherald
http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/diabloheralds-podcast/id525370681

Going forward the Diablo Herald will be recorded every Monday night at 6:30 PM AEST (GMT+10) (8:30 PM NZ, GMT+12). We want to know what you want to hear, so please contact us by email, tweeting us or on the D3downunder.com forums to suggest a topic for discussion or ask a question.

Twitter @diabloherald
diabloherald@gmail.com
http://D3downunder.com

Looking forward to hearing some feedback. :)
Edited by Hwaygo#6851 on 5/8/2012 3:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
:) Watching
Reply Quote
Hope you enjoy it.

We had a few hiccups along the way... but i happy with it as a first episode.
Reply Quote
Watching it now.
Edited by oblivion#1637 on 5/7/2012 7:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I loved it, clearly it is a fantatic show.

That Highlander guy, really stand-out material. I just fell in love with him right away.
Reply Quote
I guess I like it. Where is it casted from?, But I got the feeling that it is a bit uncoordinated.
Otherwise is Force- Strategy Gaming something a really like a a lot, and awesome information.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Excellent work for the first episode! Maybe a little long, but you already know that. I will be keen to listen to the next cast once it is uploaded.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
Enjoyed it. Seemed a bit uncoordinated. Looking forward to the next one though, Great job guys.
Reply Quote

That Highlander guy, really stand-out material. I just fell in love with him right away.

Oh yea.. hes amazing! haha

Thanks for all the feed back people. We are always going to be working on getting better, and I have no doubt that in the coming weeks you'll see a big increase in the quality of the show!

Keep telling us what you want to see! :D
Reply Quote
I don't think its uncoordinated, as you guys have a list of the discussion and I think nothing could be worst then a rehearsed podcast.

I think the problem is people trying to chime in at the same time, try giving cues to who you want to speak, ie. highlander, what do you think about X. Just so you don't have those pauses when two people try to speak at the same time.

You could try using each others names a bit more as its a little hard to track who is speaking
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/08/2012 04:17 AMPosted by Lexx
I think the problem is people trying to chime in at the same time, try giving cues to who you want to speak, ie. highlander, what do you think about X. Just so you don't have those pauses when two people try to speak at the same time.

This. Most podcasts I listen to that involve more than two people do this kind of thing. One person essentially acts as the moderator and directs the flow between the other people that are involved.

Other than that, I liked it :D
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Siaer

This. Most podcasts I listen to that involve more than two people do this kind of thing. One person essentially acts as the moderator and directs the flow between the other people that are involved.

Other than that, I liked it :D

Yep. This definitely is a recognized issue. And something we are working on. Thanks for the feedback guys :). I'm glad most of you are enjoying it :)

Also, you can't watch you YouTube if you prefer. Find us here: www.youtube.com/diabloherald
Reply Quote
Awesome work guys! I especially liked the extra audio at the start trying to figure out how to proceed with the whole names issue, nice touch.

I don't know why people dislike long podcasts, I mean yeah sometimes they can drag on a bit but if it is filled with decent, interesting content then I say more the merrier. Personally I have a 20min drive to work, half hour lunch (which I spend in my car cos cbf with co-workers), then a 20min drive home. This worked out great in terms of timing more or less.

I do agree that a pit of spit and polish needs to be applied to make this podcast really shine but for the most part i loved the topics, tactics and general banter between you guys.

One thing that would have been good was to hear your opinions on lag/server issues, perhaps the computer builds you guys are running (roughly I suppose, that stuff can get a little dry for some, myself included if discussed for too long).

All in all great first ep guys and can't wait for more!
Reply Quote
Posted by SiaerI think the problem is people trying to chime in at the same time, try giving cues to who you want to speak, ie. highlander, what do you think about X. Just so you don't have those pauses when two people try to speak at the same time.This. Most podcasts I listen to that involve more than two people do this kind of thing. One person essentially acts as the moderator and directs the flow between the other people that are involved.Other than that, I liked it :DYep. This definitely is a recognized issue. And something we are working on. Thanks for the feedback guys :). I'm glad most of you are enjoying it :)Also, you can't watch you YouTube if you prefer. Find us here: www.youtube.com/diabloherald

Awesome! I look forward to the next one :) You should set up a chat room or vent channel, it would be awesome to talk to you guys. Your views are so different from American podcasters.
You have a regular subscriber :)
Reply Quote
Awesome work guys! I especially liked the extra audio at the start trying to figure out how to proceed with the whole names issue, nice touch.

Haha.. yea that wasn't meant to be in there.. but when i listened to it.. i thought it was funny so i left it in.

One thing that would have been good was to hear your opinions on lag/server issues, perhaps the computer builds you guys are running (roughly I suppose, that stuff can get a little dry for some, myself included if discussed for too long).

All in all great first ep guys and can't wait for more!

Good suggestion! Thanks for the great feedback :)
Reply Quote

Awesome! I look forward to the next one :) You should set up a chat room or vent channel, it would be awesome to talk to you guys. Your views are so different from American podcasters.
You have a regular subscriber :)

We hang around on the D3downunder.com forums a lot and we have a thread for suggestions for future episodes. A chat room is a good idea!

Glad you enjoy it Lexx. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Yeah it was pretty good - you started off nervous but it eventually sounded like it was under control. I did find the fact the first 2 minutes of the podcast sounded like it was meant to be "off air" :)

Good effort though - keep it up!
Reply Quote
Hey guys we just put up a new episode.. We thought we would do an extra one while we wait for the game to come out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]