Diablo® III

BattleTag Update and Diablo III Reminder

(Locked)

Community Manager
We recently updated the BattleTag FAQ and Battle.net website to include updated information about the BattleTag™ system, including how the system will work once Diablo III is released, what StarCraft II and World of Warcraft players will see when chatting with their BattleTag nicknames, and our future plans for the service.

Create Your BattleTag
If you haven't yet created a BattleTag, be sure to check out these resources and set up your BattleTag nickname as soon as possible, as it will be required to play Diablo III. You can quickly create your BattleTag or use your one free BattleTag change here: https://us.battle.net/account/management/battletag-create.html

Cross-Game Chat
Please note that while BattleTag-based cross-game chat will be supported in both StarCraft II and World of Warcraft at the launch of Diablo III, you will only have the ability to send and accept BattleTag friend requests when logged in to Diablo III. This means that in order to chat with a friend in StarCraft II or World of Warcraft using your BattleTag ID, you must first send or accept a BattleTag friend request in Diablo III. We'll be adding in the ability to send and accept BattleTag friend requests in StarCraft II and World of Warcraft in the future.

For more information about BattleTags, be sure to check out the FAQ and website page linked above. We'll have more details to share as development continues, so stay tuned!
100 Human Death Knight
Wish I could change mine.

Hello,

I want to start out by apologing for the delay in getting back to you. Our queue's are currently a bit higher then we would like and we are working on getting them back down.

Unfortunately we have no way to alter the Battletags. :( The only way to change the name would be to choose something different, even if it's only off by a single letter.

I hope that this response has adequately resolved your petition! If it hasn't, feel free to select Need More Help. Be sure to provide as much information about what is going on as possible. :)

Respectfully,

Game Master ****
Edited by zEmini#1871 on 5/7/2012 2:39 PM PDT
I'd like to mention that some people changed their BattleTag during the Open Beta in order to fix the log-in issue that was happening. Can we expect the possibility to change the BattleTag somewhere around the release or later?
05/07/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Khaotix
I'd like to mention that some people changed their BattleTag during the Open Beta in order to fix the log-in issue that was happening. Can we expect the possibility to change the BattleTag somewhere around the release or later?

i had mine fixed i had called into the blizzard customer support and they was nice enough to let me rename my battletag (since it told me i needed to create a battletag in order to post even though i already had one)

and when i called in they flagged my battletag as rude and let me change it

just to point out my battletag wasnt inappropriate but it was the only way to change it
Edited by ankanamoon#1375 on 5/7/2012 2:48 PM PDT
Will there be a character specific or Diablo III specific friendslist as well, or is BattleTag the only way to add friends in Diablo III?

Ex. (from the FAQ)
Note that Real ID friends are automatically also considered BattleTag friends. Real ID friends in Diablo III will see both a friend’s BattleTag and real name in their in-game friends list, along with information about what character their friend is currently playing. For example, a Real ID friend in Diablo III would show up as “FallenSlayer (John Smith), Playing Barbabos, Level 6 Barbarian, in a Public Game” in your friends list, while a BattleTag friend would show up as “FallenSlayer, Playing Barbaros, Level 6 Barbarian, in a Public Game”. In World of Warcraft or StarCraft II, you will see only a player’s Real ID name or their BattleTag, not both.

Will it be possible to see only "Barbaros, Level 6 Barbarian, in a Public Game?"
100 Human Death Knight
Okay i htink I will have to flag my tag is "rude" then. Any suggestions?
05/07/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Mantaur

Yea, don't discuss how you're going to beat the system on Blizzard's own forums.
100 Human Death Knight

Yea, don't discuss how you're going to beat the system on Blizzard's own forums.

How else am I suppose to go about doing it? I would like to "alter" my battletag and blizzard isn't giving me any alternatives.
Edited by zEmini#1871 on 5/7/2012 3:00 PM PDT
How else am I suppose to go about doing it? I would like to "alter" my battletag and blizzard isn't giving me any alternatives.

Blizzard has given everyone a free battle tag name change already. Have you used yours?
MVP - Technical Support
05/07/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Khaotix

changing password also fixed that issue. battletag was overkill :\
100 Human Death Knight
05/07/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Nick

Blizzard has given everyone a free battle tag name change already. Have you used yours?

No i haven't but that is the problem. I want to alter it. I cant change it into the same name. I submitted a ticket, they told me too bad which is why I am not happy. It isn't that hard for them to do it.
Edited by zEmini#1871 on 5/7/2012 3:08 PM PDT
05/07/2012 03:07 PMPosted by Mantaur

No i haven't but that is the problem. I want to alter it. I cant change it into the same name. I submitted a ticket, they told me too bad which is why I am not happy. It isn't that hard for them to do it.

You want to change your battletag... into the same name...? You sir, are either very challenged in the coconut or are trolling. I refuse to believe anyone is this stupid.
They need to add a option to change your number that you get as I like my battletag name but want numbers that aren't so random.
100 Human Death Knight

You want to change your battletag... into the same name...? You sir, are either very challenged in the coconut or are trolling. I refuse to believe anyone is this stupid.

I think your special too.

Maybe I want it capitalized

Maybe I want it lower case

Maybe I want it all caps

Maybe I do not want it to look stupid

Nick
nick
NICK
nICK
nIck
Edited by zEmini#1871 on 5/7/2012 3:13 PM PDT
im sure its just a small bit of confusing text there but you really mean

We'll be adding in the ability to send BattleTag friend requests in StarCraft II and World of Warcraft in the future.

right?

I think your special too.

Maybe I want it capitalized

Maybe I want it lower case

Maybe I want it all caps

Maybe I do not want it to look stupid

Nick
nick
NICK
nICK
nIck

Probably just wants to do what I want to do and change the random numbers I got.... Don't have to be such a jerk to everyone man.
100 Human Death Knight
That is probably why I have an issue. They do not want people trying to fish for the perfect identifier.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]