Diablo® III

BattleTag Update and Diablo III Reminder

(Locked)

to everyone whining and complaining about something they have not yet even used: shut your dirty !@#$%-mouths.
they said it's a great idea, and we should trust them. they even said that AFTER you get to play around with it, they welcome your criticism, but at the moment, you're all just dodo birds telling hawks how to fly.

Oh I used it during beta, and it was stupid then too.
to everyone whining and complaining about something they have not yet even used: shut your dirty !@#$%-mouths.
they said it's a great idea, and we should trust them. they even said that AFTER you get to play around with it, they welcome your criticism, but at the moment, you're all just dodo birds telling hawks how to fly.

Most of did use it in beta..and no one liked it...at least no one I played with. Enough negative feedback was given, that Bashiok posted it was being changed....so obviously we were heard, but Blizz didnt care.
one of the hard things from D2 if u had alot of friends was remmber all the chars that went to a account... this makes it easyer and stream lined. if you didnt notice where your char name was coming up.. clearly thats your problem... this will clearly make it alot easyer to remmber which friend is which... like someone said its not a MMO where char names would actually matter.
85 Orc Shaman
FBI
i like battletags...
Anyone know where there is a list of BattleTag's then to see how many people you share yours with?
05/08/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Solofein
one of the hard things from D2 if u had alot of friends was remmber all the chars that went to a account... this makes it easyer and stream lined. if you didnt notice where your char name was coming up.. clearly thats your problem... this will clearly make it alot easyer to remmber which friend is which... like someone said its not a MMO where char names would actually matter.

it's been a while since I D2'd... but if somebody was on your friends list, didn't it display their "account name" when they logged in and out? Joined games, etc??
05/08/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Solofein

Explain to me if a name doesnt matter in diablo, how a name does matter in WoW? Im very curious to hear this...
05/08/2012 01:00 PMPosted by RandomHero
it's been a while since I D2'd... but if somebody was on your friends list, didn't it display their "account name" when they logged in and out? Joined games, etc??

If I recall correctly, you added friends via their account name, not via the character name. This implementation in D3 is pretty similar to D2.

I think it's great that the battle tag is shown prominently in game. The trade-off is the RPG element being lost, but people name their characters such ridiculous things in D2 and WoW that immersion is broken anyway.
85 Worgen Hunter
There seems to be a bug with the Battletag change. I accidentally created my Battletag in all lowercase and when I try to change my Battletag to the same name but Capitalized it won't let me.

Might be something that needs to be looked into.
i, too, played the beta just like all of you, but you should be well aware that the beta will differ from the game. also, why do you have to complain about such an insignificant thing? i'm all about having cool names for my characters. in fact, i've made chars in the past just FOR their name. for real though, why all the negativity? you're about to get your hands on the greatest game of the decade and all you can say is "wah wah wah i want others to see my barb's name is Thor WITHOUT having to hover their mouse of it." i swear, i wish you morons had to deal yourselves the way that the blues have to deal with you.
ohhhhh... got it... i can talk to my battletag friends in other games once weve battletagged in diablo 3

the whole being supported part at the beginning confused me :P
05/08/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Evo
i, too, played the beta just like all of you, but you should be well aware that the beta will differ from the game. also, why do you have to complain about such an insignificant thing? i'm all about having cool names for my characters. in fact, i've made chars in the past just FOR their name. for real though, why all the negativity? you're about to get your hands on the greatest game of the decade and all you can say is "wah wah wah i want others to see my barb's name is Thor WITHOUT having to hover their mouse of it." i swear, i wish you morons had to deal yourselves the way that the blues have to deal with you.

I guess the blues shouldnt have told us that it was being changed 3 weeks ago due to the feedback huh??
Let us test the waters on the current system :)
Look, character identity aside, the other problem with this is that each character/player is being identified by two different "names" in the game and there's no visible relation between the two. It's confusing, and we were told it was being fixed.
Just another topic for people to !@#$% about.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]