Diablo® III

WD as the default MF class?

85 Orc Mage
Like the sorceress of old, with better scaling of skills with weapon damage in D3, do you expect WD to become the go-to class for Magic Find?

Seemed like a very logical choice to me.
Reply Quote
No, just because we have higher weapon damage %'s doesn't mean we can spam them more. Wizard can weave in strong spells way more often. Witch Doctor has to actually watch their mana.

So no I don't think WD will be "default mf class" if any one class as an up over any one else its the barbarian.

Birthright
Critical Hits have a 10% chance to cause enemies to drop treasure or health globes.

Grim Harvest
Enemies are badly shaken and have a 15% chance to drop additional treasure.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately I think the WD will be the last class for magic find, due to having low mobility.
That said I'm rolling a WD first :)
Reply Quote
Unfortunately I think the WD will be the last class for magic find, due to having low mobility.
That said I'm rolling a WD first :)

Balderdash, sir. Nephalem Valor will keep the boss runners from owning the field, and having another viable combat skill will be compensation enough for the mobility advantage of other classes. You only get 6 skills in this game, unlike in DII, where all you needed to teleport was a rune-word item to swap, or two skill points out of a possible of 110. Plus, old-school teleport was spammable, thanks to hugely deep mana pools and a dirt-cheap cost structure. Teleport started out cheap, and got cheaper as you gained in +skills, making it virtually free to cast.

DII mobility: Virtually free to use and without opportunity cost to obtain.
DIII mobilty: Expensive, more constrained, and less important to getting optimal loot drops.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
Witch Doctors with pets can focus less on defensive stats, and more on MF% and GF%.

Mobility is for defensive purposes, not for rushing to a boss. Even before Nephalem Valor buff, it would have been foolish to skip to the boss as Champion packs are more likely to drop good items than Bosses anyways, and with Nephalem, the incentives only increase to NOT rush through content.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]