Diablo® III

unlock hardcore

can i play europe or something before 5pm and get to 10 on softcore. unlocking hardcore for myself on uswest when it opens up?
Reply Quote
Nah, the regions have no crossover. Also is 10 staying as the opening level for hardcore or was that just a beta thing?
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Icey
Nah, the regions have no crossover. Also is 10 staying as the opening level for hardcore or was that just a beta thing?

thank you
Reply Quote
Community Manager
05/07/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Icey

Level 10 is when we open access to create hardcore characters. We want players to have a general idea of how to play before giving hardcore a try. Experienced players will easily reach this level in a few hours, so we think this makes for a good balance.

And as Icey mentioned, there is no regional cross over, so if you start a character in a different region such as Europe, it will not be accessible in the Americas region.
Reply Quote
Experienced players will easily reach this level in a few hours

Level 10 in the open Beta took just over 3hrs, that was just playing casually exploring dungeons etc.
Edited by YOUnique#1468 on 5/7/2012 6:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 06:16 AMPosted by YOUnique
Level 10 in the open Beta took just over 3hrs, that was just playing casually exploring dungeons etc.

It won't take that long in release, as you will be fighting monsters more appropriate for your level rather than grinding low level monsters (Skelly king is level 8 IIRC).
Reply Quote
3 Undead Warrior
Nice i think should of been if you finished it on normal to unlock hardcore mode.
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Blackvixen
Nice i think should of been if you finished it on normal to unlock hardcore mode.

Agreed
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 12:48 AMPosted by Craysv1

Agreed

nooooo let's not start this again :)

lvl 10 unlock was a great decision....

HC players want to experience the game playing Hard Core.... not "AFTER" you finished the game lvl 10 gives you the ability to cotinue discovering the game using a HC char.. that's the point :)

peace!! :)

Z
Reply Quote

HC players want to experience the game playing Hard Core.... not "AFTER" you finished the game lvl 10 gives you the ability to cotinue discovering the game using a HC char.. that's the point :)

peace!! :)

Z

^^^^^^ This, I personally was a D2 Hardcore fanatic and never understood the reason for softcore even existing. It will be fun running into unknown territory not knowing what new traps lie in wait to claim your life and all of your assets. It will be a blast! :)
Edited by Epi#1530 on 5/14/2012 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
[quote="48764588676"]Experienced players will easily reach this level in a few hours

I think the current record is 4 players level 6, 12 minutes defeated skeleton king.
Reply Quote
wicked
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]