Diablo® III

Vision Quest Builds, Need some help here.

70 Night Elf Mage
Ive been trying to make a build centered around this passive. Ive seen other builds that use it but i wonder if it will be viable. The main question I have is if vision will allow us to spam or near spam high mana cost abilities to make them effective. This is what i got :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#fVYTQP!dUY!YZcZYZ

Zombie Charger (Explosive beast) will be my main single target and aoe damage.
Sacrafice will be my secondary aoe damage. ( Used before i need to recast dogs or oh crap moments.)(Im not sold on this one..and maybe i could switch for something else..dunno)
The dogs and gar will be my only means of defense. I know i need some other sort of CC...but where do i put it.(Besides perhaps in the sacra slot.)
The other two long cds are nice when i use them but mainly there to keep vision running.

I could really use some help with this build. If im going somewhere help me make it happen, if you guys think its not viable thats cool too.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Mage
Hrm. I do understand where your coming from somewhat. Your build is totally different from mine though. I see the point of not wanting to waste a 2min and a 1.5 min (with rune) cd for the vision but yours seems busy. You do have more control than i do..and that is something that has me worried about a build like mine. Somewhere in what ive come up with is a build...i just want to find it.
Reply Quote
heres my build i dont know if i will keep mass confusion though

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cjkYTP!dUe!YZbYYb
Reply Quote
Here you go:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WeYZjf!ZWU!ZababZ

I'm not a fan of builds that have only 1 type of damage, this provides two.

No Soul Harvest, I opted for Pierce the Veil instead which should give a good damage boost and synergizes well with Vision Quest. You do not need to run around trying to grab 5 stacks nor trying to grab health globes ;) Two less things to have to micro manage.

Toad of Hugeness, cast it whenever it expires.
Same thing with Grasp of the Dead - these two will take the most micromanagement but both provide great CC (possibly change GotD for Zombie Wall for slightly longer cooldown)

ZDog and Mass Confusion are on the same CD so they are easy to manage.

Start a fight by casting ZDogs and MC (if timers are up), then GotD, Haunt a few mobs, and finally Toad of Hugeness - in between casts of GotD and Toad unleash Zombie Charger.

Haunt provides a decent life leach too.
Reply Quote
I wouldnt put pierce in a Vision build. You wont be wanting to be in melee range every 15 seconds and "blind casting it" will remove all your +int bonus...
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#cfYdPT!ZUb!YYcZcY I like something like this fire bats now deals 280% damage to a single target fires very fast and they track so you can toss them anywhere in the general vicinity and it'll hit your enemy zombie charger now hits an area making it your go to area attack and the dog moves again very fast but you have to target the enemy. I feel your primary and secondary attacks should never have a cool down as every time i hit my mouse button something should always fire off. garg can be resummoned ever minute as well as zombie dogs which keeps them at tip top form garg does poison damage which makes you deal poison fire and physical so you can hit pretty much 99% of enemies switching up one of your primary attacks either bats or charger to deal with anything that's immune to all 3. also your fetishes can deal poison damage now and you don't really want to reduce the cool down as it makes them have to be more managed. fire bats and zombie charger cost 140 mana max using a big slow weapon that deals massive damage attacking say every 1 second you'll have to have a 140 mana per second regeneration rate. base mana regen is 20 per second from the beta the knight has an aura that will increase that by 2 per second to 22 but it doesn't stack the 1% of mana regen with a 2k pool is 20 mana per second on top of the 80 from base/vision quest thats 100 if you can get your pool up to no less than 6000 mana you break even but will have to increase it as your weapon speeds increase. I figure with the mana regen items available 200-300 mana per second isn't that impossible at 60 with this build. If that happens you could easily use any nuke you choose in place of these two and do it every easy. Defensive cooldowns are the dogs and garg as well as the feitshes and the passive of jungle fortitude which is a straight up 20% damage reduction. This is a build i've been tinkering with as i think 6000 mana pool isnt unheard of and i can just unload everything all the time.
Reply Quote
Here is my multiplayer build with vision quest:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#biXkjQ!cUT!YcYZYb

Here is one for solo I am working on:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SfXkPQ!hUT!ccYZZb
Reply Quote
Here is mine.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aiRUkP!eUZ!YbYZZb

It involves juggling some short cooldowns but really the vision quest just lets me drop acid clouds all over the screen and then shoot darts to pick off single targets.
Reply Quote
I've always wondered why no one else seems to want to take spiritual attunement. a straight 1% mana regen per second based strictly on your max mana pool seems like really good straight up mana regen to me. plus it increases your mana pool by 20% before the effect so a 5k mana pool is now 6k giving 60 mana per second on top of the 20 base for 80 mana per second with no real gear investment.
Reply Quote
heck on top of that if you wanted to run it you could add the blood ritual rune also which would make 15% of mana cost come from life but restore 1% of life per second giving more than you'd ever spend. 15% of 140 for example is 21 mana reduction for 21 life making it a 119 mana cost spell reducing the mana regen needed to completely spam that ability by a good chunk. by the time you get that however you'd be level 20 at east and would be regenning 100+ per second netting a good 60 health being REALLY conservative. granted in order to take these runes your giving up a lot of survivability but mana is pretty much a non-issue.
Reply Quote
Vixen,

You only have 3 CD spells. You need at least four for vision quest.

Count again.
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 07:52 PMPosted by Cracky
I wouldnt put pierce in a Vision build. You wont be wanting to be in melee range every 15 seconds and "blind casting it" will remove all your +int bonus...

Pierce the Veil is passive, you are talking about Soul Harvest right? o.O

There is no Soul Harvest in my build.
Reply Quote
Another thing you'll want to watch out for Darkcide, is putting sacrafice on your mouse buttons. It's a waste there. You want it on you skill bar since you don't need to target it.
Edited by heso#1616 on 5/7/2012 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 08:10 PMPosted by will
I've always wondered why no one else seems to want to take spiritual attunement. a straight 1% mana regen per second based strictly on your max mana pool seems like really good straight up mana regen to me. plus it increases your mana pool by 20% before the effect so a 5k mana pool is now 6k giving 60 mana per second on top of the 20 base for 80 mana per second with no real gear investment.

Where are you seeing 5k in mana @ 60?

Naked @ 60 you will have 740 mana.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]