Diablo® III

Concerned that the WD might be the weakest...

85 Blood Elf Rogue
So after playing through the beta, I was able to get every class to level 13, except the WD. I felt like that class was by far the weakest out of all the classes. He just seemed to take too long to kill things with.

Has anyone else noticed this, or maybe can even enlighten me a bit about when/if the class is stronger then I think?
Reply Quote
ever think that perhaps you were doing something wrong?

and no thought the WD was on par with DH and the dh had double rare hand xbows and this was BEFORE the various dh "balancing"
Reply Quote
I never ran through that issue with the WD in beta. I maxxed in beta patch 7, 9 13, 16, 17 and 18.

In fact I think the WD was one of the fastest killers of things. Soul harvest and leaping spiders had a nasty effect on things.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
While yes it might take WD a little longer to kill same monster as other classes; when you take in consideration he can easily kill multiple monsters at that speed it more than balances out. It also takes more consideration on how you build and play him.
Reply Quote
I think if you take in consideration posion spells or other spells like haunt, of course you're going to take longer to kill things.

DoT's are ment to take longer to kill, but you get more damage out them in the long run. The bonus though is once you've hit an enemy with a dot, you can focus on an enemy that hasn't been posioned yet.

Frankly, if you're looking for pure raw melee damage, use a barbarian. If you want a glass cannon, use a wizzard. Everything else is middle ground in my books.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Here's another thing I'm slightly worried about...

His pets. From what it seems on the skill tree, it looks like they can put out some pretty good damage. I however, am worried about their durability in Inferno mode. Im afraid that 2-4 hits from a random Inferno mob is going to wipe out my Zombie Dog or Gargantuan.
Reply Quote
It's fine to be worried about that so long as you remember we have no tangible reason to believe that's true. Also, WD felt like the strongest class in the beta to me. Maybe this just isn't the right fit for you.
Reply Quote
dude....its BETA.....you got 13 levels.....for crying out loud, even if you where 55 - your not 60 so how would you be able to tell? as for your question, No. there wont Be a weakest class in D3 for PVE atleast....Trust me, either you where doing something seriously wrong. or you just where not paying any attention. WD at lvl 13 probly was the most [overpowerd] considering classes are made to be ballanced at 60....at 13 with are spells it was 1 shot anything and everything lol
Reply Quote
I'm going to do everything in my power to ram up the defense of my witchdoctor and make it so that my zombie dogs can tank Baal, Mephisto, and Diablo at the same time, all while making me a sandwich.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Direbats

/thread

Seriously though with that as a main skill i could wipe out entire groups before going OOM or taking any damage, and this was on my first play through with no stash gear.
Reply Quote
Total opposite for me. Witch Doctor was dropping enemies faster than other classes except the demon hunter. Nothing got close and if it did my damage would ramp up considerably meaning I was never in real danger.
Reply Quote
Once WD gets some abilities he's a monster on beta, I was able to kill skelly king in like 20 secs.
Reply Quote
Here's another thing I'm slightly worried about...

His pets. From what it seems on the skill tree, it looks like they can put out some pretty good damage. I however, am worried about their durability in Inferno mode. Im afraid that 2-4 hits from a random Inferno mob is going to wipe out my Zombie Dog or Gargantuan.

Along that line of thought, it's just as valid to be worried that four or five corpse bombs won't dent the mobs life and that they will be able to one-shot you.
Reply Quote
WDs were a little slower in white gear runs, but geared WDs were almost too fast. I coudn't really enjoy the game.
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Grashnak
WDs were a little slower in white gear runs, but geared WDs were almost too fast. I coudn't really enjoy the game.

Right.

I've seen many of these threads now and I just shake my head every time. SHx5+Direbat = clear the entire screen in 2 seconds. One monster or fifty monsters, all poofed.
Edited by term#1219 on 5/8/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
lol, I had 114 dps with soul harvest so I was pretty much killing every champion one shot with firebat xD (about 260 dmg with a critical hit)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]