Diablo® III

Sturdy solo pet build for finishing HC normal

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bYcUTR!ZYV!aaaZZa

Bats are the mana dump, for this build, while pets hold mobs off and add some incremental damage. Gruesome feast will buff intelligence, and after it's buffed then it's time to re-summon; buffed pets will perform better. Hex provides at least a little direct CC and hedge magic provides some healing.

Zombie handler could be a very attractive choice for a passive. But, it's difficult to give up on the ones that were chosen.
Reply Quote
The good news, or bad news as you may view it, is that it's been posted on and stated on the boards many times that the stat gains from things like Soul Harvest (and as such, gruesome feast) are applied dynamically to your pets. They are based off your current weapon damage, not the damage at the time of summoning.

So making the stars align for the highest possible short term boost to summon amped up critters isn't on the menu. So the good news is when you feast, you won't have to resummon them. The bad news is, they lose the damage gain when the buff wears off you 10 seconds later.
Edited by Pestwulf72#1532 on 5/8/2012 10:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thank you for passing that along.

I remember reading about dynamic buffs for pets a while back, and then managed to forget that important detail. If that's not what happens, then I'd rather drop gruesome feast and run this build through normal hardcore:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bYcUTR!ZbV!aaaZZa
Reply Quote
05/07/2012 08:59 PMPosted by candlelight
Zombie handler could be a very attractive choice for a passive. But, it's difficult to give up on the ones that were chosen.

In my humble opinion, the only time zombie handler should ever be used over jungle fortitude is if you've also got Circle of Life as a passive, or have some way other than Summon Zombie Dogs to get dogs (such as a runed Mass Confusion). I think a lot of people are under the impression that Zombie Handler automatically makes Summon Zombie Dogs give you 4 dogs at a time.. I don't think this is the case. It just allows you to have 4 dogs, if you have other ways of generating them.

The good news, or bad news as you may view it, is that it's been posted on and stated on the boards many times that the stat gains from things like Soul Harvest (and as such, gruesome feast) are applied dynamically to your pets. They are based off your current weapon damage, not the damage at the time of summoning.

That is really good news, I did not know that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]