Diablo® III

Did you request off work the 15th?

45 Worgen Hunter
Taking the 15th through the 18th off so I'll have 6 straight days to play. The following weekend is a four-day as well, so lucky me =).

As for my boss I told him "I'm taking leave May 15th-18th".

He was like "Ok".
Reply Quote
I work for a normal place of employment that has paid vacation. I don't need to give a reason for putting in request for paid vacation. I could be having a my little pony marathon and it would be just as justified as taking a cruise or visiting family.

I don't get where people feel the need to lie.
Reply Quote
1 week off here, can't wait :)
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
I FORGOT! Nooooo!

But seriously folks. There's a group of us working through the midnight launch, Lylirra is taking first watch while a few of us are at the Irvine event (she deserves your love and admiration). I hope to get back to the office around 2:30 and play my witch doctor (decided on a first class) until I can't go any longer. Hopefully until Nethaera gets into the office. Sleep on one of the couches at work, wake up and keep going, working, and playing as much as I can manage throughout the week. Working at Blizzard is sometimes a dream and a nightmare at the same time. ;)
Reply Quote
First.

And yes. Took off.
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Bashiok
But seriously folks. There's a group of us working through the midnight launch, Lylirra is taking first watch while a few of us are at the Irvine event (she deserves your love and admiration).
Of course she does. Lylirra and I are bros.
Reply Quote
Love you Bashiok, you're so cool like a rock star of gaming.
Reply Quote
Yes.

I have two weeks off through my saved up paid vacation time.
Reply Quote
First.

And yes. Took off.

Think you misunderstand the usage of posting "First.".

Got 6 days off except for an exam on the 16th :)
Reply Quote
Still contemplating taking the week off. I have a suspicion that if I don't, no work is going to get done anyway. Not my fault, just a bit OCD.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Bash should make a sticky tracking which Bliz employee logs the most work hours that week.
Edited by Grimmlet#1690 on 5/8/2012 12:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes, 16th, 17th and 18th.

I have like, 19 unused paid vacation days left or something, and no big trips planned so, 3 day "staycation."

I just said "I'd like to take the 16th, 17th and 18th off, so if that's alright we'll have to move our meeting."
Edited by Collateral#1954 on 5/8/2012 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I just realized something, I got a whole month off from work, not primarily so that I can play D3 but to sort out some irl kinks and obtain my drivers licence also.

I´m from Swe I work with sanitation``cleaning up after fires, deaths, mould and other, I come in on part time, working hours so I can have anything from 1 days work to something like 3 months.

That along with my logistical arrangement makes makes me able to have that type of work, though a full time job would be epic to have.

How does your general work time look? how many hours per day is normal in the US.
The job I´ve got now is 5 days a week and 8 hours per day.

Does your work life differ anything from Swe?

Edit: I told my boss I couldn´t work untill the end of may because I am going to focus on Drivers Licence - family
Edited by Sturenorth#2895 on 5/8/2012 12:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
05/08/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Bashiok
I hope to get back to the office around 2:30 and play my witch doctor (decided on a first class)

Hah! So i guess im not crazy for liking the least popular class. I thought those poll numbers were off hehe

Great minds think alike :)
Edited by ALittleHazey#1268 on 5/8/2012 12:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
I work at Gamestop. It's going to be tough convincing them to give me off because I'm going to be too sick to work as I pick up my copy...
Reply Quote
Ever heard of Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Yeah that'll be me :D
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Ysomad
Stupid me took my vacation for launch week of SWtoR. And that sinking ship has been abandoned long ago. Really !@#$ed myself.

LOL I did too. It was really fun actually and i don't regret it mainly because I have more vacation time for this year to spend already...sucks to be you, bro.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]