Diablo® III

Diablo III: Wrath

05/09/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Pixel
I explained that in the OP.

TLDR, but I did now. So you're saying that this happened before Sanctuary was even created?

Or are you saying that this is between the time that Sanctuary was created, but Diablo hadn't found it yet? Because Diablo in Wrath looks like how he looks in D1/D2, and he dies in the end of the movie, so... I'm confused.
Edited by MrSumOne#1261 on 5/9/2012 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
05/09/2012 02:29 PMPosted by MrSumOne
I explained that in the OP.

TLDR, but I did now. So you're saying that this happened before Sanctuary was even created?

Or are you saying that this is between the time that Sanctuary was created, but Diablo hadn't found it yet? Because Diablo in Wrath looks like how he looks in D1/D2, and he dies in the end of the movie, so... I'm confused.

Read the description. It says before Sanctuary was created.
Reply Quote
The movie isn't set a specified point on the Diablo timeline, just in a general place. We know for certain that it is at some point during the Eternal War, and most likely before the creation of Sanctuary.

This is because we know from lore (and I think Pixel already stated this) that the Eternal War is almost always waged at Pandemonium, because this was where the Worldstone was located. When Sanctuary was created, the Worldstone went missing (long story that's not the point of this thread), which lead to a somewhat 'halt' in fighting and turned into a search for where the Worldstone went.

Whether this movie occurs before or after the creation of Sanctuary is a moot point, because the point of the story is to explain a plot point separate from the 'story' of Sanctuary. The emphasis is on the strength the Angiris Council possesses in its unity, and the potential ramifications when that unity is broken.

Last point (kind of a sidepoint), the art direction is purely the director's own. Diablo's look isn't intended to be from a specific point in the timeline of the lore. It is simply the director's own imagining of the characters in his own unique way.

Hope this helps a bit.
Reply Quote
I think Invidious up above said something along the lines of planting the seeds of division in the Council, and I agree with him to that point. But I don't think it is done in order to have Azmodan take control over him. By all accounts we have seen, Azmodan and Diablo have, at best, been at each other's throats for dominion over the Burning Hells (at least in the context of Azmodan wrestling power from the Prime Evils).

Moreover I think Imperius is 'too large a figure' to be easily 'mind-controlled' by Azmodan. If anything, Diablo is trying to bring him over to the 'Dark Side.' ;D

I suppose you're right about Imperius being too strong of a figure to be controlled by Azmodan, but I can see how maybe in the game where because his wrath grows, Azmodan can whisper little evils into his ear and kind of persuade him to cause a disruption in the council. Maybe I'm just wishfully thinking because I want to be able to fight an angel in the game haha.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Invidious
Maybe I'm just wishfully thinking because I want to be able to fight an angel in the game haha.
Right behind you there. If I can't fight any angels or cows in DIII, I'll be a sad wizard.
Reply Quote
imperius will be a boss... 2nd to last pretty sure
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
SPOILERRRRR

WARNING
WARNING
WARNING
WARNING
WARNING
WARNING
WARNING
WARNING

It's already been confirmed that Imperius is going to be a boss, LOL.
Edited by Finaer#1590 on 5/9/2012 9:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LEAPxgMCEA8

As you probably saw on the D3 reveal.

Thoughts?

Do you think Diablo as a product identity could spawn an animated series or perhaps graphic novels (in addition to the text novels). Personally, I'd like to see it done like HBO's Spawn which I own on dvd.

Personal notes:

-Shield Run + Jump? Swear I saw just that in Outlander
-Angel Whips = Shamshiel from Evangelion influence?

Quoting my post.

Made a topic with exact same title after not seeing one 1 day ago. Now come in to find this thread has 2 pages....and was made 2 days ago.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]