Diablo® III

Legendary Weapon Info

(Locked)

85 Human Death Knight
Errrrrrrr.

My point didn't even have anything to do with that. First of all, making a claim like "Bashiok has realized by now that Diablo is an item hunting game" is a low blow. Bash is payed by Blizzard. His understanding of the game of Diablo is probably much greater than most of the forum posters, and it was that way long before this thread opened.

I stand by my point. Which you somehow misinterpreted or just decided to reply with a random, ill conceived answer.

I would suggest you go take a look at IncGamers Hero Builder before you claim that Blizzard is the "only place in town for an up to date database of items"... Blizzards database is woefully lacking compared to the datamining powered databases of Inc Gamers.
68 Blood Elf Paladin
Does it really matter? I mean Geez...Who cares, you'll know when the game comes out..

We already know what the base stats are....EVERYTHING ELSE IS RANDOM...
- Diablo III
90 Human Rogue
So the nerd I am added up all of the unique/set items in the database right now:

Armor
118 legendary
34 set

Weapons
91 legendary
11 set

Keep in mind that most of these have level requirements under level 55 which means they really aren't end game items at all. Even if lets say 1/4 of the items could be considered "end game" that leaves us with a very small number of legendary items that will be sought after. I really hope to see the numbers above be doubled come Monday. Legendary items (d2 uniques) were what made the item hunt for me anyways the most fun. The random stats on them were just gravy which added to the excitement even more so when it finally came time to identify the items.

thats not all the legendary items though

Which is what I'm hoping for as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. We'll know I guess for sure come Monday.
85 Human Warrior
While greatest rares might be the best you can get I still look forward to memorizing all the stats on the Legendaries.
68 Blood Elf Paladin
All the items are listed already!!!
68 Blood Elf Paladin
All the items are listed already!!!

No they aren't, and neither are their stats. Uniques err legendaries (I'm going to keep doing that forever I think) and set items.

Bro, yes they are...The list is in the Game Guide section...Just not the bonus stats are listed yet...But all weapons,armor,gems and everything is already in there...
Edited by GenTsosChikn#1956 on 5/8/2012 9:26 PM PDT
05/08/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Armithea
Bro, yes they are...The list is in the Game Guide section...Just not the bonus stats are listed yet...But all weapons,armor,gems and everything is already in there...

LOL
Many of Diablo 2 most coveted items were unique items with gameplay changing affixes. Like 5% raise corpses to fight for you on killing. Or Auras adding 60% damage to the whole party.

What I'm worried about is that D3 won't have the same "WOW thats amazing!" factor in it's items...
05/08/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Bashiok
What you’ll see on the site next Monday are the handmade items that a designer named and set specific stats and ranges for. What you won't see is the majority of the game's entire item pool, which exists in the near limitless randomized permutations.

But we'll see something, which is more then what we currently have to look at.
Many of Diablo 2 most coveted items were unique items with gameplay changing affixes. Like 5% raise corpses to fight for you on killing. Or Auras adding 60% damage to the whole party.

What I'm worried about is that D3 won't have the same "WOW thats amazing!" factor in it's items...

I'm sure there will be items that have the WOW factor, they'll just be in inferno and the fact that rare items are going to be the best late game gear items found at random will make finding them more profound.
im so glad i filled my schedul till monday, monday will be the hardest, sunday will be hangover recovery
05/08/2012 06:36 PMPosted by Bashiok
So with the item database being updated next week it’s important to keep in mind that what we’re going to have on the website are the items that are actually possible for us to show. If Diablo is about nothing else it’s about randomization, and Diablo III is no different. While all items have some variance, either in their armor range or the affixes they roll, the vast majority of items (~99%) are entirely random. It’s also true that the entirely random items are going to be among the most coveted, and therefore the focus of the majority of the item hunt. What you’ll see on the site next Monday are the handmade items that a designer named and set specific stats and ranges for. What you won't see is the majority of the game's entire item pool, which exists in the near limitless randomized permutations.

Just reading this makes me more excited! Can't believe it's next Tuesday!
didnt read about you crying.. but wait till the 14th.. all questions will be answered .. u big baby
85 Human Paladin
What will be nice to see is like on Arreat Summit for D2, the possible Suffixes and Affixes for different weapons / armour.

Assuming this will be done by an outside source eventually anyway but would be nice to see it here on the same website IMO.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]