Diablo® III

Four Lore ideas I have seen no where else

Four ideas to mull over:
1) Don't we have TWO eyes...The eye of Anu, the world stone, was one of them?
2) What if the Demons full-on invaded Sanctuary due to breaking open Mount Arreat. What if Imperious wont save the Nephlam from the large scale invasion? This causes Tyrael to fight with Imperious, take his spear, and break open the Diamond gates to FORCE the angels to help the Nephlam since they are exposed now as well? I think that fits all the criteria listed above.
3) I personally do not think we will fight Imperious. Imperious will fall to Diablo in the end defending heaven and Sanctuary and we will finish off Diablo with the help of Tyrael.
4) Diablo has two heads on his(her?) shoulders, likely being Mephisto and Baal transformed into Diablo by the Black Soulstone. There are 3 prime evils. This would be the closest form to the original prime evil, Tathamet, who had seven heads. Also, of all the 7 evils, Diablo resembles Tathamet the most.
Reply Quote
1) Don't understand the connection. We are not Anu, Anu was the creator.
2) After worldstone destroyed both Hell and Heaven are vulnerable to assault/invasion. The fight you mention happens in later Acts in game not before.
3) Imperius is confirmed to be a boss before Diablo. Although, we also know that He will have a fight against Diablo and Tyrael. I don't think we will kill him either.
4) This is one of the more popular theories due to Diablo having 3 heads as you have said.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
1) Don't understand the connection. We are not Anu, Anu was the creator.
2) After worldstone destroyed both Hell and Heaven are vulnerable to assault/invasion. The fight you mention happens in later Acts in game not before.
3) Imperius is confirmed to be a boss before Diablo. Although, we also know that He will have a fight against Diablo and Tyrael. I don't think we will kill him either.
4) This is one of the more popular theories due to Diablo having 3 heads as you have said.

Im dying to see a cinematic with Diablo, Baal and Mephisto super morphing into one. I'll probably poop my pants.
Reply Quote
The destruction of the worldstone has nothing to do with openings to heaven and hell. The worldstone stopped access into Sanctuary. That is why it is a Sancuary.

I personally do think that we will fight Imperius. The prophecy says that Valor will turn to wrath, and most of the council seems to oppose most of his reckless ideas. Imperius wants to destroy Sanctuary because he sees us as a threat and he lacks the foresight to see why that would be a bad decision. Tyrael knows how powerful we are and he wants to use that power against the Hells.

The only goal of the heavens and hells is to obliterate the opposing side. The only way to gain a a definitive advantage is to persuade mortals to help either side. Otherwise the eternal conflict will remain at a stalemate.

Also, the merging of the Primes idea has been out for quite a while. It is speculated that the merging is why Diablo looks so skinny, because he was gained many of Mephisto's physical traits, such as a thin waist, backwards horns, and a second pair of arms.
Reply Quote
Four ideas to mull over:
2) What if the Demons full-on invaded Sanctuary due to breaking open Mount Arreat. What if Imperious wont save the Nephlam from the large scale invasion? This causes Tyrael to fight with Imperious, take his spear, and break open the Diamond gates to FORCE the angels to help the Nephlam since they are exposed now as well? I think that fits all the criteria listed above.
3) I personally do not think we will fight Imperious. Imperious will fall to Diablo in the end defending heaven and Sanctuary and we will finish off Diablo with the help of Tyrael.
4) Diablo has two heads on his(her?) shoulders, likely being Mephisto and Baal transformed into Diablo by the Black Soulstone. There are 3 prime evils. This would be the closest form to the original prime evil, Tathamet, who had seven heads. Also, of all the 7 evils, Diablo resembles Tathamet the most.

1)Disagree - Tahtamet split into 7 heads - 3 primes , 4 lesser evils.. ANU dissolves into something !!
2)AGREE
3)AGREE
4) Disagree - Diablo is just getting a make over for the new game, Baal and Mephisto are dead, maybe will make an appearance- maybe not.

Lookin forward to next week !!!
Edited by Hellswraith#1116 on 5/9/2012 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
nothing has confirmed we will fight imperious
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Furyofwar
nothing has confirmed we will fight imperious

this.
Reply Quote
Likewise, nothing has confirmed that we wont.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Hellswraith
Don't take the phrasing "Eye of Anu" that literally, the Worldstone not actually a eye eye just merely a epithet for this primordial artifact that formed in center of the universe's violent birth.

Although not explain the Worldstone probably a crystallized relic that formed together from the energies Anu and Tathamet's final fight that would also spark the universe, with Anu's power dominate - somewhat similar to the Shikon no Tama (Jewel of Four Souls) from Inuyasha.

05/09/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Hellswraith
I could defiantly see Imperius still making a firm stand to the defense of the High Heavens despite whatever influence may turn him into the embodiment of Wrath. Being slain however I can't say since there no details yet if angels can make comebacks like demons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]