Diablo® III

How the heck do you claim a sigil??

5 Tauren Warrior
When I go to make a picture with the sigil blahblah I don't see how we "claim" the sigil, seeing as how we don't login at all. There is zero authentication so we can say "this sigil will be going on this account".
Reply Quote
It's stickied up top under (Sticky)
Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise Site Information

When will I actually receive my sigil?

We’re keeping records of all the Battle.net accounts which have claimed each sigil. Within the first couple of weeks of Diablo III’s release (May 15), we’ll be processing all of these accounts and flagging them to unlock the appropriate sigils. The bonus sigils will automatically appear for those who unlocked them in the banner customization screen in-game.
Reply Quote
5 Tauren Warrior
...err... but how do we.. claim these sigils? Are we supposed to go in-game, find our entries, and use that? Doesn't seem efficient. Why wouldn't they just authenticate the entries per account upon submittal?
Reply Quote
Funny, part of the creation process when I did it 5 times included entering my nickname, and the email account of my bnet account... guess you missed that step?
Reply Quote
if you made a banner for the class, you will have the sigil unlocked when you get the game (or it will unlock in a week or 2)
Reply Quote
You make a banner using one of the sigils. When you're done, you give them the email address associated with your B.net account. You should then get a confirmation email saying that the sigil will be available for use on you in-game banner on launch day.
Reply Quote
First, you'll need to go back in time six weeks.

When you arrive at the end of March 2012 post again in the forums and I'll provide the remaining instructions.

(psst, since it's 100% we have 10 days to unlock em all)
Reply Quote
60 Tauren Druid
We have to make a banner for every friggen class to unlock everything or can we just make one?

Also what the heck are nicknames? Do I have to use the same Nickname for every character or what
Edited by StockWarrior#1598 on 5/8/2012 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Armored
...err... but how do we.. claim these sigils? Are we supposed to go in-game, find our entries, and use that? Doesn't seem efficient. Why wouldn't they just authenticate the entries per account upon submittal?

because no one has d3 accounts yet....
Reply Quote
it is just linnked toyour battlnet account and ill be available when the game goes live under your banner creator
Reply Quote
We have to make a banner for every friggen class to unlock everything or can we just make one?

Also what the heck are nicknames? Do I have to use the same Nickname for every character or what

Gotta make one for each class.

The nicknames are pointless for this. They're just a way to label the entries in the contest, which has basically nothing to do with getting the sigils, so type in whatever. The important thing is that you give them the email associated with your B.net account.
Reply Quote
When you type in the email adress you should get a email that says "mark of valor submissions received" and then whenever the sigils get distributed you will get yours if you game is attached to that email.
Reply Quote
Its kinda misleading, I've already dona few and I thought it meant to like somehow tag it to your account or something along those lines.

Guessing once you log in is available if you already made one.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Here's how to claim a sigil:

• Step 1: Go to the Diablo III launch site
  • Step 2: Click on the Claim Your Sigil button (far right)
  • Step 3: Click on CREATE BANNER
  • Step 4: Select a class to create your banner, click "Next"
  • Step 5: Select your background, customize your banner, and then customize your sigil
  • Step 6: Once your selections are made, click "Next"
  • Step 7: Enter a nickname (any nickname will work, doesn't have to be your BattleTag), your Battle.net email address, toggle the "I agree" option, and then click "Finish"

If your submission was successful, you'll see the "You've successfully redeemed your sigil!" message and should receive a confirmation email at the address entered. To earn all five hero sigils, repeat steps 3 - 7 for each class.

Hope that helps! If the process is still kind of confusing, let me know. You may also want to check out this thread for some additional details and tips.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/9/2012 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you submit more than one per class, does it overwrite the existing one?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Its kinda misleading, I've already dona few and I thought it meant to like somehow tag it to your account or something along those lines.

You should have gotten an email saying it was recieved
Reply Quote
I get a "Error 503 Service Unavailable" at Step 1.
Reply Quote
Here's how to claim a sigil:

Step 1: Go to the Diablo III launch site
Step 2: Click on the Claim Your Sigil button (far right)
Step 3: Click on CREATE BANNER
Step 4: Select a class to create your banner, click "Next"
Step 5: Select your background, customize your banner, and then customize your sigil
Step 6: Once your selections are made, click "Next"
Step 7: Enter a nickname (any nickname will work, doesn't have to be your BattleTag), your Battle.net email address, toggle the "I agree" option, and then click "Finish"

If your submission was successful, you'll see the "You've successfully redeemed your sigil!" message and should receive a confirmation email at the address entered. To earn all five hero sigils, repeat steps 3 - 7 for each class.

Hope that helps! If the process is still kind of confusing, let me know. You may also want to check out this thread for some additional details and tips.

I have a problem with the Barbs sigil.
On the Barbarian "week" I made a sigil and it wasn't saved. So I waited until now to remake one and this one wasn't saved either. =/
I get the You've successfully redeemed your sigil. But the sigil still shows as the default one.
Any idea why?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]