Diablo® III

The *20* Commandments Of Diablo 3.

1) Thou Shalt Stay Awhile and Thou Shalt Listen.

2) Thou Shalt Not Douche In Public Games.

Or Grief. Or Troll. Unlike other Blizzard games, let us work together to stem the tide of fail that has so plagued WoW and SC2. If we join forces we can stop public games from becoming a cesspit.

Let us saveth our hatred for the minions of Hell.

3) Thou Shalt Not Buyeth Characters On The AH.

Gear...fine. If thou really want it. But thou shalt not spoil the fun of leveling a character for thyself by spending real money to do it.
Addendum - if thou ist lame enough to break the third commandment, thou shalt not post on the forums with said character claiming it is yours.

4) Thou Shalt Not Asketh The Monk To Heal.

Unless he or she desires to. The same goeth for the Barbarian and Tanking.

5) Thou Shalt Getteth Better.

Inferno will test the mettle of the strongest hero and will quite likely beith overtuned as balls on release due to the machinations of the forum "it is not sufficiently challenging for mighty heroes such as ourselves" committee.

Nonetheless, unless something art truly bugged or broken to prenerf Mu'ru levels, thou shalt spend at least three moons gearing and improving thyself before making a post about it on the forums.

6) Thou Shalt Try 3D.

And not prejudge it. For it is awesome. Provided the noble Blue Lords fixeth the infernal Shadow Bug before release!

7) Thou Shalt Not Spoil The Lore.

For some people actually careth about the stuff.

8) Thou Shalt Not Call Thy Female Barbarian Snoo Snoo.

For it shall get old fast. Similarly, though shalt not name thy female Witch Doctor Whitney or thy DH Katniss. Or any anime, meme, movie or book reference. Unless it beith both awesome and unique.

Ammendment to 8th Commandment - the works of Terry Pratchett, Brian Lumley, Frank Herbert or any other non pop-culture writer is acceptable.

9) Thou Shalt Not Dupe, Bot or Hack.

For these shall predict the coming of the crapaclysm.

10) Thou Shalt Not Beg For Items.

Even if a nice one droppeth. However, if a nice item droppeth for thee do not hoard it for salvage.

11) Thou Shalt Maketh Trade Games.

For the RMAH is the devil and thou canst bypass the fees.

12) Thou Shalt Not Braggeth About Items Bought On The Auction House.
Especially if thou spendeth more than $100 on it.

13) Thou Shalt Not AFK In Public Games.

For thou shalt recieve my booterang to thy head.

14) Thou Shalt Buff The Group.

And forgetteth ye not to refresh them.

15) Thou Shalt Feed Thyself While Playing.

And visit the bathroom regularly. Remember that if thou consumest nothing but pizza and Mountain Dew the former shall be a difficult and painful experience.

16) Thou Shalt Stop Making Threads Complaining About The Beta FOS.

For it mattereth very, very little.

17) Thou Shalt Enjoy The Damn Game.

And not rush to the end to prove a point to youtube followers. Thou shalt realize that thou art up against concentrated cabals of cybernetic Koreans account sharing, item feeding and exploiting. And that there art no achievement for World First, meaning there shalt be at least ten people claiming it.

Relax and exploreth ye the whole game. For finding the secret level first *will* make you immortal.

18) Thou Shalt Not Join Inferno Public Games Clothed In Nightmare Blues.

Especially if they are pure MF.

19) Thou Shalt Not Judgeth A Post Based On The Poster's Gear.

Unless said poster complaineth about the game being too easy despite never completing Hell.

20) Thou Shalt Add More Commandments!

Because I art bloody tired and require rest! Keepest them coming!
Edited by Starbird#1487 on 5/10/2012 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Pure win.

Posting in epic thread!

11 - Thou Shall Not Play A Demon Hunter.

Because this is the class I will be playing. Stayith out of my class.

EDIT - lol, first!
Edited by Rain#1890 on 5/9/2012 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Drat - I was going to name my male Wizard Rincewind...

12) Thou Shalt Stop Lurking on the D3 Forums and Enjoy the Game
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Starbird

What does this refer to? Potting in duels? potting in general? or using the breath of heaven skill? Idk about you but I'm going to use that skill a lot, especially since a rune gives u an additional 20% dmg for like 40 secs after cast. This skill is going to be beast for inferno and I will use it whenever i desire. Also, why you all over the monk's case for healing? He's a monk, he has healing powers, what's not to get?
Reply Quote
...let us work together to stem the tide of fail...

I feel like one day in the not so distant future this will be the inspiring message of a leader attempting to redeem the interwebs.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 08:30 AMPosted by KrakRox

What does this refer to? Potting in duels? potting in general? or using the breath of heaven skill? Idk about you but I'm going to use that skill a lot, especially since a rune gives u an additional 20% dmg for like 40 secs after cast. This skill is going to be beast for inferno and I will use it whenever i desire. Also, why you all over the monk's case for healing? He's a monk, he has healing powers, what's not to get?

He's saying don't badger a monk that DOESN'T have that skill because YOU want him to have and use it... If he doesn't want to be a healer he doesn't have to be
Reply Quote
13. Thou shalt not ask for in game"freebies" more than once. Once Thou has asked and has been giventh an answer, thou shalt not spammith the chat box asking for more.

Seriously people, i tend to give some out in game but one thing i hated in D2 it was a kid joining and just asking if anyone had gear he could use 300 times.....

edit great thread.
Edited by EliteOp11#1602 on 5/9/2012 8:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Nice OP hahaha
Reply Quote
Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself.
Reply Quote
He's saying don't badger a monk that DOESN'T have that skill because YOU want him to have and use it... If he doesn't want to be a healer he doesn't have to be[/quote]

Ahhhhh, was there really a need for caps though? :)
Reply Quote
Amendment : We, the people, of this great and fine game will not over use the letters "t" and "th" while communicating and disseminating information to others.
Reply Quote
14. Thou shalt not be an incarnation of avarice..

That is to say if you find an item you know a group mate can use to make all of you stronger as a team don't hoard it for your alt. Not saying if you get a one in a million drop that WILL be a high ticket item in the AH that you are not entitled to use the AH system accordingly to advance your main.

"The best weapon is the one you know how to use.."
Reply Quote
#4 = win. Grats and many legendary drops to OP.
Reply Quote
15. Thou shalt not remind me of Isenhearts breast plate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]