Diablo® III

WD Passive Skills

05/08/2012 08:30 AMPosted by heso
The passives are entirely dependent on your active skills.

I dunno, I find that passives make your character even more than the active skills. Most of my builds select the passives first and then take the actives that make sense.
Reply Quote
I picked

1. Spiritual Attunement for extra mana regeneration and extra mana %

2. Jungle Fortitude to reduce all damage to me and my pets by 20% which i figured would really help reduce damage taken in later stages of the game when you get to nightmare and hell mode etc :)

and

3. Zombie Handler to allow me to have more dogs and to also allow them to last longer and tank for me whilst i attack from behind dealing the enemy damage

This is just what worked for my planned build anyway as i have one move for slowing enemies to escape (Grasp of the Dead), zombie dogs for tanks and the rest as attacks to fend off the enemy and deal plenty of damage :) Plus i have mana regeneration for when i explode the dogs to give me some instant mana regeneration plus the dogs will have leech skill on them to provide me with health but yes that's just me as i want to go for maximum damage and the Grasp of the dead to slow enemies and allow me to escape in the meantime if needed :) and have focused the witch doctor around skills both useful for single play and team play :) but yes just what i wanted to do with my build :) hope this explains my reasons for the passive skills i picked thanks
Edited by Sorceress#1395 on 5/9/2012 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I picked

1. Spiritual Attunement for extra mana regeneration and extra mana %

2. Jungle Fortitude to reduce all damage to me and my pets by 20% which i figured would really help reduce damage taken in later stages of the game when you get to nightmare and hell mode etc :)

and

3. Zombie Handler to allow me to have more dogs and to also allow them to last longer and tank for me whilst i attack from behind dealing the enemy damage

Much like mine, but I typically swap out SA for Bad Medicine to increase my pet survivability.

I'm probably wrong in this belief, but the only builds I use SA in also have Pierce the Veil, you know? Otherwise I try and use runes for mana return.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
GF lasts for 10 seconds. JF is a must have for almost any build. Pierce the veil is not a must have but I am going to keep it in my builds. That leaves 1 skill slot... not too crazy about a 10% intelligence boost for 10 seconds, I dunno.

I want you to convince me!

1. It stacks up to five times, giving you the potential to have 50% increased intellect and 50% regeneration of your maximum mana.

2. Health orbs are shared between teammates, therefore you don't have to go out of your way to collect health orbs in melee range if you have a barb/monk.

3. Some WD skill runes increase the drop rate of red orbs such as Death is Life (grasp of the dead) and Final Gift (zombie dogs)

4. As a couple other people said, intel does not only increase damage but also resistance.

You're not supposed to have five stacks of GF at all time, it'll probably be somewhat rare depending on your build that it gets stacked up that high. However, depending on the size of mobs you can expect to usually have at least one stack, probably averaging around two depending on your build.

GF increases your mana regen, damage and survability.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Best thing about this game, There is no "best" build like there is for WoW.
So these threads are entertaining.
Reply Quote
3 more things to remember about Gruesome Feast:

(1) You get healed by health globes your teammates pick up

This is actually a great point. I guess it is safe to assume that this is correct and GF will be activated when teammates pickup orbs? At least that is how the tool tip reads to me.

Also, are health orbs dropped visible to your entire party or just you? I assume the former since it heals the party.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I personally like Jungle Fortitude, Bad Medicine and Spirit Vessel because I like to to play video games drunk. Throw in Zombie Dogs - Life Link and can pretty much pass out...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]