Diablo® III

The Sin War (confusion)

90 Undead Warlock
I was wondering if someone can please help me, in anticipation of Diablo 3 I've been reading all the Diablo lore and playing D1 & D2.
Now when I came across a book in D1 it talks about the Sin war being the war the lesser evils had over the throne when the Prime Evils were kicked out.
Now at the same time I just read the trilogy The Sin War by Richard A Knaack which were fantastic but I am confused as to why it is called the Sin War, when D1 clearly states this happened at a much later time when the Prime evils were kicked out.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
The coming of the Great Conflict to the mortal realm is known as the Sin War
They had come to Sanctuary whey they discovered it. I don't remember exactly how Sanctuary was discovered though.

Once the prime evils discovered Sanctuary, they begun to struggle there and try to corrupt man in order to win the great conflict. So the Sin war began.
The events described on the Book Series "The Sin War Trilogy" are part of what happened during all the time hell has been fighting on sanctuary.
So, technically, the sin war still goes on.

The dark exile has happened before the events of Diablo 1, when the soulstones were forged to imprision the demons on Sanctuary.

The war between Azmodan and Belial for control of hell during the dark exile, has actually no specific name at all, maybe it is referred to as a "civil war".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]