Diablo® III

'One of the Chosen'

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
so people who got into closed beta get an achievement and a sigil exclusive to them because they were lucky enough to get into the beta. what about the fanbase like me that were opted in, entered into almost every contest they could find, yet never got in? they get nothing? but people who got lucky get a sigil to rub it in our faces even more?

ISO blizzard's thinking about this matter?

instead, award people who played the beta at all. closed or open. because the open beta had no restrictions, ANYONE could play. people who downloaded the beta to play for only 2 days during that one weekend? THEY should be awarded

yes this is something small and trivial, but it really just seems like a slap in the face of people who never got in by the company.
Edited by nemesis#1751 on 5/9/2012 10:38 AM PDT
Problem is I just don't think they know who played the open beta. They took the easiest route which was to give it to all people on t heir closed beta list. This is exactly why they said even if you never downloaded the game, if you were invited to the closed beta, you get the exclusive sigil and fos.
It's just a sigil, man. A tiny icon on a small banner you'll only see if you're in town not fighting monsters or farming loot. Ask yourself why something so small bothers you so much.
It's just like Diablo. You got bad randomization. It happens. Sorry, mate.
05/09/2012 10:41 AMPosted by SuperRob
It's just like Diablo. You got bad randomization. It happens. Sorry, mate.

Well, the problem is that people get something for doing absolutely nothing.
This is Diablo, not an Idle game.
Not the end of the world... yet.
Edited by Ark#1414 on 5/9/2012 10:44 AM PDT
66 Orc Shaman
Well we too should get a title. Everyone not in the Closed beta but was signed up for beta invites as soon as the game was announced should get the FoS

"RNG Sucks" or something to that.
Where is the source of this? Did Blizzard announce beta testers getting a special achievement?
Just as long as they never make anything resembling my CE wings available I'll be happy.

DH shadow wings is where it should end.
How is this a slap in the face?

When did someone giving someone else a pat on the back become a slap to the face for the person standing next to them? Especially when the other person didn't do anything to warrant a pat on the back..

Grow up?
so people who got into closed beta get an achievement and a sigil exclusive to them because they were lucky enough to get into the beta. what about the fanbase like me that were opted in, entered into almost every contest they could find, yet never got in? they get nothing? but people who got lucky get a sigil to rub it in our faces even more?

ISO blizzard's thinking about this matter?

instead, award people who played the beta at all. closed or open. because the open beta had no restrictions, ANYONE could play. people who downloaded the beta to play for only 2 days during that one weekend? THEY should be awarded

yes this is something small and trivial, but it really just seems like a slap in the face of people who never got in by the company.

#1 They probably don't have to data. They didn't keep track of everyone who ever logged into beta.

#2 'One of the Chosen' is largely based on luck. Just like the whole game is. Are you saying you don't like Diablo, and random loot drops?

#3 I got into beta not based on Luck. It was a F&F invite.
Edited by Ham#1161 on 5/9/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Yes OP, you get nothing.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]