Diablo® III

'One of the Chosen'

(Locked)

At least give the other accounts that currently exist the 'One of the Rejected' Feat of Strength. I would totally be satisfied with that.

Unfortunately, I think that Blizzard is just going to ignore the nerdrage until they just die down. They already have our money.
If you had the D3 BETA tab in your account screen, you are Chosen.

That means: Friends and Family, Opt-Ins and Fansite/Contest keys.

The OPEN BETA WEEKEND ONLY PLAYERS are NOT Chosen, since they let anyone who wanted to play go in. That's not being chosen. That just you logging in and playing when they said everyone could for a limited time. That's not being special. No sigil/FoS for you.
I will be ok with closed beta testers getting this reward if we rename it from Feat of Strength to Feces of Stink. Note we can even keep the abbreviation the same.
89 Night Elf Rogue
The distinction between a Feat of Strength and an Achievement is that an Achievement is something you can work to achieve, and a Feat of Strength is either limited due to an outside factor, or is just simply impossible to get any longer.

Things like attending BlizzCon, where only a few thousand people can attend, is a Feat of Strength.

Of course there are plenty of people who want each of the Feats of Strength, but the reason why they aren't Achievements, and don't provide Achievement points, is due to the limited-time, invite only, or simply impossible nature of obtaining them.

You are splitting hairs, playing semantics, and rationalizing.

It's not about the feat or achievement per se. It's about the blatant favoritism. It's about going back on what YOU YOURSELF said in the past. It's about rewarding people for something that they don't deserve a reward for, and others couldn't rightly obtain as well.

It's about doing something stupid that is divisive and is clearly now resulting in a crapstorm of trolling and childish behavior.

How you guys could not see this coming is beyond me. Look at the mayhem you created.

It seems that Blizz time and time again easily divides their player base and has no problems or regrets doing it. Whether or not I got into the closed beta what upsets me is that they will do something that rewards random people who to invited to the closed beta and have no idea whereas the die hard fans and supporters of Diablo are left out, and again they have no problem doing this.
Bashiok or anyone else, how many Feats of Strength are there, and what are the other ones like?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The distinction between a Feat of Strength and an Achievement is that an Achievement is something you can work to achieve, and a Feat of Strength is either limited due to an outside factor, or is just simply impossible to get any longer.

Things like attending BlizzCon, where only a few thousand people can attend, is a Feat of Strength.

Of course there are plenty of people who want each of the Feats of Strength, but the reason why they aren't Achievements, and don't provide Achievement points, is due to the limited-time, invite only, or simply impossible nature of obtaining them.

You should ad that feats of strenght do not award achievement points, and that they should be understood as "unfair achievements", and as they are unfair, they're relegated to their own dark corner of the achievement tab.

05/09/2012 12:17 PMPosted by HeftyStyle
Bashiok or anyone else, how many Feats of Strength are there, and what are the other ones like?

In diablo 3? Probably only this one thus far, maybe there's one for being the world first to reach lvl 60, or the world first to reach lvl 60 on all classes.

WoW has dozens. more are added each time blizz does something cool.
Edited by Altrantis#1473 on 5/9/2012 12:19 PM PDT
ITT: Babies.
What about the lottery? Everyone can buy into it, yet only a very, very few can win. There are life parallels here, that you should be more enraged about(because those actually matter), instead of a token reward. Not everyone is equal. This is just the way everything in life works. Some people hit the genetic lottery, some people hit the actually lottery, and some people hit the beta lotteries. Entitlement does not fit into any lottery scheme, whatsoever.

In summation: entitled people that didn't get what they thought they were entitled to for one reason or another complaining someone else did.
85 Orc Death Knight
It's not about the feat or achievement per se. It's about the blatant favoritism. It's about going back on what YOU YOURSELF said in the past. It's about rewarding people for something that they don't deserve a reward for, and others couldn't rightly obtain as well.

It's about doing something stupid that is divisive and is clearly now resulting in a crapstorm of trolling and childish behavior.

No, it's not about any of those things, and nobody believes you when you say that it is. It's about some people getting something cool that you want but can't have, and that's all it's about.
05/09/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Ziddle
There is no reason whatsoever to not give this to open beta players.

Yeah, except for the simple fact they have no way to track that....... (no flag on account = how can you tell?)

DERP.
05/09/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Miraa
Hey Bash can you clarify if this only applies to people who were "invited" to the Beta, or if you won a contest for a Beta key if you are also eligible? Thanks.

In order to be eligible for "One of the Chosen," you must have had a Diablo III closed beta license attached to your Battle.net account (it isn't necessary to have downloaded or logged into the beta itself). Please note that players who participated only in the Open Beta Weekend, but were not invited to the closed beta, will not receive this Feat of Strength.

Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888689240
Edited by EvilMunky#2987 on 5/9/2012 12:17 PM PDT
BlizzCon we had a choice if we wanted to purchase tickets to get these "feats of strength"

In this case, we had no chance to obtain.

Regardless, nobody is really going to care in-game about this feat as it simply has no meaning of any accomplishments.
The fact that this isn't going to people who downloaded the game simply to play for a couple days (if they even had that much time to play that one weekend) is abhorring.

This one stings.
05/09/2012 12:14 PMPosted by Ziddle
There is no reason whatsoever to not give this to open beta players.

Open beta players were not chosen. (Randomly chosen is a form of chosen.)
I didn't know Feats of Strength mattered so much, and had so much of an impact of the game, and how you play it...
85 Undead Warlock

As a member of "Blizzard Employees, Friends, and Family" (who were guaranteed Beta access), your opinion is no more valid than a child who got their way and uses it to brag to their siblings. You would have done better to silently slink off with your very non-random reward, than to beat others in the forms over the head with it.
32 Undead Rogue

Bs. I am sorry, I usually dont care but this is something I think is 100% unfair to the community overall. You yourself even said in the past that it would not be fair.

What in the world is with you guys this week? First dropping the character name ball onto us at the lest min, and now this? JUST STOP DOING STUFF. The game is perfect, nothing needs to be done. Stop making the community angry.

P.S - I wanted to get every Feat of Strength. But I lose because you did not chose me for beta? That sounds really unfair.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]