Diablo® III

'One of the Chosen'

(Locked)

I bet all you crybabies want the wings, dyes, artwork, dvd, usb, and blizzcon tickets for free too?
I'd give you must useless sigil if i could. I'm not sure why you're so butthurt over something that doesn't matter.
A slap in the face because you didn't win a prize? You entered the draw, your name wasn't drawn, you don't win the prize. Why do you think you're entitled to win automatically?
I think this is a big mistake by blizzard.
Actually in disbelief on how/why they would do that...
People are just complaining because they have nothing better to do until release. After the 15th everyone will go back to not caring.
The distinction between a Feat of Strength and an Achievement is that an Achievement is something you can work to achieve, and a Feat of Strength is either limited due to an outside factor, or is just simply impossible to get any longer.

Things like attending BlizzCon, where only a few thousand people can attend, is a Feat of Strength.

Of course there are plenty of people who want each of the Feats of Strength, but the reason why they aren't Achievements, and don't provide Achievement points, is due to the limited-time, invite only, or simply impossible nature of obtaining them.

Posted an angry response on the forums, cancelled the pre-order, called the cops & FBI.

END OF LINE BLIZZARD
BlizzCon we had a choice if we wanted to purchase tickets to get these "feats of strength"

In this case, we had no chance to obtain.

Regardless, nobody is really going to care in-game about this feat as it simply has no meaning of any accomplishments.

What about all the people who tried to buy tickets but didn't get one? They only had so many to sell.
05/09/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Nzo
In this case, we had no chance to obtain.

All you had were chance... as it was a lottery...
I do not mind the feat of strength but I do mind the limited edition banner part of it. It should be allowed for anyone to try to obtain it. I do not like the fact of RNG with it. I know there is RNG in the game with items, but I can keep running the game over and over again to have the hope of getting the item. CE: I have the option to spend my time and money to get it. The heroes page: I can spend my time, even if it is in a limited time frame, to get it.

Feat of Strength, sure. Some visual in the game that is pure RNG and one can't do anything about it to get it... that is a bit much. That is favoritism. But hey it isn't my company. But it does show true stripes of the company.

On a side note: thank you beta testers. Without your hard work this game would have sucked.
Edited by Thoridin#1258 on 5/9/2012 12:23 PM PDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI3DlIrvoHg

A short and sweet summary of what I would have said.
90 Human Priest
I would be pretty annoyed at not having been chosen, not because of the feat of strength, but because there's a reward associated with it (the sigil). As a 'gotta collect 'em all' kind of player (look at my WoW achievement score) I would be annoyed if I had been denied access.

Luckily, I was in the closed beta and enjoyed it. So I'm one of 'the chosen.' I'm surprised and gratified that there is some acknowledgement of beta testers, as there has never been so in any Blizzard game before, that I know of.

But as an achievement hunter, I've learned to just ignore the feats of strength. I have to classify some pets, mounts, and feats of strength as "I'm just never going to get." And it sucks, but it's fine, especially for those things I do get but others don't. It adds some variety.
What about the lottery? Everyone can buy into it, yet only a very, very few can win. There are life parallels here, that you should be more enraged about(because those actually matter), instead of a token reward. Not everyone is equal. This is just the way everything in life works. Some people hit the genetic lottery, some people hit the actually lottery, and some people hit the beta lotteries. Entitlement does not fit into any lottery scheme, whatsoever.

In summation: entitled people that didn't get what they thought they were entitled to for one reason or another complaining someone else did.
05/09/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Faintsmile
So is there going to be a future in game civil war between the chosen and unchosen. Will our banners be our uniforms? Silly unchosen peasants, in the words of Marie Antoinette, let them eat cake :p

Thank you for providing further proof of the divide Blizzard caused within the community with their decision.

To Blizzard: You can take our sigils, But you can NEVER take our FREEEEEEEDOM!!!!!
I have a question for the blue; I received a beta invite a week or 2 before the open weekend. I cannot access the beta forum or get the cool avatar, will I get this Feat of Strength and sigil as well?
85 Worgen Warrior
Here ya go.

http://thetural.com/wow/display.php?image=ET9TlIej.png
Edited by Kairu#1988 on 5/9/2012 12:30 PM PDT
The distinction between a Feat of Strength and an Achievement is that an Achievement is something you can work to achieve, and a Feat of Strength is either limited due to an outside factor, or is just simply impossible to get any longer.

Things like attending BlizzCon, where only a few thousand people can attend, is a Feat of Strength.

Of course there are plenty of people who want each of the Feats of Strength, but the reason why they aren't Achievements, and don't provide Achievement points, is due to the limited-time, invite only, or simply impossible nature of obtaining them.

Feat of strength I can agree with, but giving them a custom sigil is lame.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]