Diablo® III

'One of the Chosen'

(Locked)

98 Blood Elf Priest
thats a load of crud, i opted in every way imaginable and contests, and never got in. this is really disappointing that there is a little favortism shown to people who got in. Long term fans who owned diablo 1 right at release and d2/LoD have this shoved in their face. Sorry but I dont agree with this. I can understand if it was just a feat of strength but to give them something in game? thats just low
05/09/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Venomheart
guarantee if CE wings were made available to the masses of people, people would similarly rage.

It's not the same really, as people payed for the wings.
If Blizzard one day decides to sell the wings, I for one wouldn't care even though I bought the CE.
90 Worgen Priest
05/09/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Atrivion
guarantee if CE wings were made available to the masses of people, people would similarly rage.

It's not the same really, as people payed for the wings.
If Blizzard one day decides to sell the wings, I for one wouldn't care even though I bought the CE.

I mean more of giving them out for free.
Nobody who is telling you to stop acting like a spoiled child is doing it because they think they're entitled to a reward that you're not. They're telling you to stop acting like a spoiled child because you are acting like a spoiled child.

Logic, it's hurts my brain....
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is just so ridiculous. You all really have nothing better to whine about than this? Some people are saying it's worse than getting a FoS for going to Blizzcon...so it's ok to pay money to get a FoS but not randomly get one? Before this last patch in WoW the only way to get the stood in the fire FoS was to be lucky and get killed by deathwing, how is this any different?

Anyone who gets into D3 a month or two from now won't be able to get the sigils from the reveal website so I guess it's a huge injustice for them too. Really it's a freaking FoS that means nothing and a sigil that no one will look at. WHO CARES?!
the one thing that bothers me is the fact that a lot of the other players are finding this complaint QQing? what defines a regular complaint and a QQ moment?

this feat thing is annoying so many people and it looks like its very important to then , i dont care if they are 10 20 or 60 year old...

i coundt care less for that choosen thing or baners or whatever, but hey if a majority of the player base is not happy with that, why not change? so easy to change or make it avaible to people after release if they do _____ <--- insert dumb quest or whatever so that people can get the dawn thing

I think you are mistaking these forums, and the opinions expressed within, for the majority of players.

yea sure not player base forum player base eheheh...
05/09/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Biran
thats a load of crud, i opted in every way imaginable and contests, and never got in. this is really disappointing that there is a little favortism shown to people who got in. Long term fans who owned diablo 1 right at release and d2/LoD have this shoved in their face. Sorry but I dont agree with this. I can understand if it was just a feat of strength but to give them something in game? thats just low

It's just luck. Nothing more.
Agreed, this is just a case of the lucky getting rewarded even further... While the ones not getting picked just get left out in the cold.
This is exactly like them just randomly taking one of the sigils from the hero of the day thing, taking the opportunity to get it off the site, and emailing it out to 100,000 random people and then telling all the people that didn't get one,"Better luck next time we release a game!"

You'd be pissed if you didn't get one.
85 Orc Death Knight
Venomheart, why does it not surprise me that you are flipping your lid about this equally inconsequential issue too?

Its almost like everyone had the EXACT same chance to get into the Beta.........

Hmmmmmmm.

Beta = Lottery + friends and family of Blizzard
Blizzcon = Not a lottery

Someone who bought a ticket to Blizzcon MIGHT have more of a chance than someone who did not.

Then that means they had more money than someone else, to be able to afford the trip, accommodations, tickets, etc. They have different personal circumstances than you, and I promise they're not the only ones. It happens. Such is life. We're all created equal, except for that part about person circumstance.
Edited by Praetor#1214 on 5/9/2012 1:15 PM PDT
05/09/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Venomheart
I mean more of giving them out for free.

And that's why you cannot compare the two.
Noone except a few morons payed for beta keys.
It was a lottery. A free lottery.
Let's be honest, Bashiok.

You clearly stated that there wasn't going to be an achievement or feat of strength for beta awhile back.

I'm a beta tester and I agree that giving this feat of strength is unfair to the people that wasn't able to grab a beta key.

Let's just erase the feat and release Diablo 3 on may 15.

/Sign
...or if you want to credit the beta testers, credit all the people who have played in closed/open beta.
It would be cool if we got a title to go along with the Feat of Strength...

Just imagine,"<Insert Name Here>, One of the Chosen." Now, that would be something to show off in every lobby you joined. We could call ourselves the OCs and we'd kick/leave any party that contained someone who wasn't an OC. /sarcasm
Community Manager
Let's be honest, Bashiok.

You clearly stated that there wasn't going to be an achievement or feat of strength for beta awhile back.

Being absolutely honest I stated very clearly that achievements and characters from the beta would not carry through to the final game (which is still true). If I had been aware at all that when I said that there was a Feat of Strength being developed for closed beta participants, I would have provided that info as well. I was not, so I didn't. We learned of the Feat of Strength two days ago, and worked to inform all of you because the beta achievement text is a bit unclear as to who should be receiving it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]