Diablo® III

'One of the Chosen'

(Locked)

That has nothing to do with what we're talking about. The guy who got randomly invited and didn't even install the client got results? More results than the guy who helped with the open beta stress test? You sound like an idiot.

Read my other posts then call me an idiot. Thank you. Your effort does not award you anything. That was the essence of this post.

Except you completely contradicted yourself by saying reward results....I then explained to you exactly how they are not rewarding results.

And I don't see what a sigil in a game has to do with public schools but I guess if ridiculous hyperbole helps you get across your point that doesn't make any sense, more power to you.
05/09/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Velisel
so people who got into closed beta get an achievement

It's a Feat of Strength.
I am a bit dissappointed. It's not my fault I didnt get into beta. Hell a few months ago I'd pay to play that 1,5 hour long scrap of your game. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but I feel like I just got a slap round the face. Maybe to make it even better give the rest of us, who didn't get into your stupid beta, a Feat of Strenght: The Leftover. How about that? For this I only have this to say to you - Screw you blizz. Unfortunately I waited for this game too long so I won't boycott it like I would do with 99% of other games. But my baloon of enthusiasm just deflated a bit. Sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker.
If the FoS granted something that had an effect on your gameplay experience (such as an advantage,) I would see why you guys are pissed, but all over a little symbol when there's going to be hundreds of symbols to choose from?

Spoiled kids these days...
68 Blood Elf Paladin
Omega: because it's not a concern about the game? It's all about the OP's bruised ego and a bad case of beta e-p***s envy.
Congratulations to those who recieved an invite to closed beta, and now have something to show for it.

BINGO...
05/09/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Dibbletiki
It's just a sigil, man. A tiny icon on a small banner you'll only see if you're in town not fighting monsters or farming loot. Ask yourself why something so small bothers you so much.

+1 ... I really don't get it, at all.... oh well.
85 Worgen Warrior
05/09/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Santaclaws

I think that may be slightly dramatic.

I see one or two small differences between this situation and lord of the flies.

Hee Hee, I tend to sway on the ...dramatic side of life! :P

It made me lol tho. xD
If the FoS granted something that had an effect on your gameplay experience (such as an advantage,) I would see why you guys are pissed, but all over a little symbol when there's going to be hundreds of symbols to choose from?

Spoiled kids these days...

It isn't the sigil or that it affects gameplay, it's the principle behind it.
MVP - Technical Support
The two aren't the same. Open beta people were part of a massive server test. They didn't login to every D3 beta patch to test for new bugs, regressions, give feedback, for the last 6 months. They played for 2 days.
Me for example, I "beat" the beta EVERY beta build, every char wipe, did it all over again, even though it was boring to redo same limited content over a dozen times. Why? To test the client.

I think a feat of strength is fair to those that put the time in for it.

Just because you didn't get a chance to put the time in doesn't deminish the fact you did.

If you lost a job interview to someone else, and they got the job. then they worked there 6 months, would you expect them not to get payed because you didn't? Cause it's kind of the same thing here.
Edited by MysticalOS#1981 on 5/9/2012 2:02 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Priest
05/09/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Silesian

When it is something as small, pointless, trivial, meaningless, etc... as this then yet you are a crybaby.

Shut up

This thing is discriminating players from another regions. Only USA*##s got this archievement. Cause you got like 95% beta invites. I wonder if you will make them 95% of purchases too?

Asian people excluded, Europian people almost excluded. Stupid move.

Ok but this FoS and Sigil do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. It doesn't affect your game play what so ever so how is this discriminating? I know very few people here in the US who would have been willing to pay thousands of dollars to go to gamesday or what ever it was in Europe where people got the Tyreal pet in WoW so I guess Blizzard discriminates against the US too. BLIZZARD DISCRIMINATES AGAINST EVERYONE! THEY ARE MONSTERS!
85 Worgen Warrior
05/09/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Soulthrasher
It was probably more like, "Let's give the closed beta testers something to look at years down the road and remember the beta days!" or something like that.

"Let's just ignore the whole other side of the community who waited forever to get into the beta and never did and still go and praise people who have been in the beta for months and months!" Fixed it.

Yuppers, and the whole world and everyone in it is against you too! Better tighten your tin foil hat!
The two aren't the same. Open beta people were part of a massive server test. They didn't login to every D3 beta patch to test for new bugs, regressions, give feedback, for the last 6 months. They played for 2 days.
Me for example, I "beat" the beta EVERY beta build, every char wipe, did it all over again, even though it was boring to redo same limited content over a dozen times. Why? To test the client.

+1 MVP
70 Dwarf Shaman
people need to grow up and realize that the world isn't fair, and you're not entitled to anything, just because some dude wins the lottery doesn't mean you're entitled to any of his winnings, cry more
This is such a dumb thread, how in gods name is the OP's post highly rated? Seriously who the F cares if closed beta gets a feat of strength? You will forget it even exists the moment you start playing.
90 Worgen Warlock

Like all of the people that didn't even download the client that were randomly selected?
05/09/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Omega

However, not all close beta testers did what you did. Some did more and some did less. Some didn't even bother to play beta.
@Omega Yes but you were only given that opportunity because of a random factor. I would have done the same given the opportunity as would many of others.
Edited by DigitalMight#1825 on 5/9/2012 2:01 PM PDT

Finally someone that makes a good point. And very true, for testing the beta, making it as perfect as you humanly possibly could, I believe you do deserve a small reward, something like this.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]