Diablo® III

'One of the Chosen'

(Locked)

Hello, Velisel.

I see you have the Swift Zulian Tiger feat of Strength. You know, the one that was completely luck-based and now no longer available. Just like the people who tried to get into the Diablo III closed beta and never 'got the invite to drop', think of all the people who farmed for months on end to get that tiger and never got the mount to drop.

All luck of the draw.
To the blues:

Is there a possibility to switch that distinction to another my account where i have D3 client registered? (I leave this acount where i have D3 beta accces).
Edited by Ksho#2295 on 5/9/2012 11:09 AM PDT
05/09/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Hitman
I'm curious, are all the people who are complaining going to be doing the same thing when the RNG for drops doesn't work out in their favor?

It will happen it's just a matter of time
"One of the Chosen" - if you were not chosen to be in the beta, why in the world do you think you should get it? The name is self-explanatory.
90 Troll Druid
Getting an achievement JUST for getting into the closed beta is...silly. (Yes, Feats of Strength are achievements. They're just worth 0 points.)
Should make it so that this Achieve goes out to the people who got every beta achieve, rather than them AND the people who played it for all of 2 hours, and then uninstalled it/quit beta testing.
I'd like to think that this 'reward' is more something offered to those who spent their time looking for bugs and trying to help the game become more polished.
I can understand why people are upset, but it really seems foolish to get bent out of shape over something as trivial as a sigil.

I suppose people are gonna get upset that I have wings and other unlockables from the Collector's Edition I paid extra for.
To the blues:

Is there a possibility to switch that distinction to another my account where i have D3 client registered? (I leave this acount where i have D3 beta accces).

They are not here to cater to you, that is why calling out blues for responses is against the rules. Submit a support ticket and accept the official answer you will get.
Getting an achievement JUST for getting into the closed beta is...silly. (Yes, Feats of Strength are achievements. They're just worth 0 points.)
Should make it so that this Achieve goes out to the people who got every beta achieve, rather than them AND the people who played it for all of 2 hours, and then uninstalled it/quit beta testing.

If they gave us Overachiever, people would still complain. Don't kid yourself.
I think the flip-flop was not cool. I remember reading a few times that it was policy no to reward for beta. If I remember correctly there was even a blue post on "nothing carrying over". To me, this feels like a "carry over" even though these were not features of the beta. So, generally the "flip-flop" feels a little unfair... I could see why people might be annoyed by it.

I was in the beta and put in about 100 hours of game time. I came in late too, with the 200k+ they brought in... I was really surprised and happy to even have a chance to play. I never expected anything in return. I still don't... but I was given something anyways. I appreciate it.

Personally, the sigil is fine... but I'm more eager to get my Inferno completion sigil or even the hardcore version of that... (hopefully)
I see you have the Swift Zulian Tiger feat of Strength. You know, the one that was completely luck-based and now no longer available. Just like the people who tried to get into the Diablo III closed beta and never 'got the invite to drop', think of all the people who farmed for months on end to get that tiger and never got the mount to drop.

Takes effort to run ZG, doesn't take effort to GET IN TO the beta. Try posting on your WoW account with the achievement that time.
IT"S A SLAP IN THE FACE!
I KNOW RIGHT!
05/09/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Artemus

Takes effort to run ZG, doesn't take effort to GET IN TO the beta. Try posting on your WoW account with the achievement that time.

Please.
The OP is a DK. Meaning that ZG, the level 60 raid, was easily soloable by a level 80 death in Wrath of the Lich King, when the Death Knight class was released. It was soloable by a lot of classes, and many people lamented that they could no longer get it when Zul'Gurub was removed.

To say it took effort other then to keep trying is laughable. It was luck-based, just like the Beta Invite.
This is a great question.

05/09/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Mith
Are you going to complain about the CE feat of strength
90 Troll Druid

If they gave us Overachiever, people would still complain. Don't kid yourself.

I realize people would still complain. But it would cut down on the number of complaints, because you had to actually work towards getting it, rather than just winning the D3 lottery and being able to get in.
My GM's fiancee got a D3 invite, and she never touched it because she doesn't like the game. She's going to get this FoS if she ever gets talked into playing D3. That's just not right, to me :\
05/09/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Mith
Are you going to complain about the CE feat of strength and exclusive dye?

This is valid too. I mean they essentially pay for the Sigil and on top of that, the CE was in limited supply...so it was based on luck/first come first serve.
Lots of cry babies on these boards.. I've applied to be a beta tester for many games and this was the first game I ever received access to.. Lucky me. I actually left some feedback for the game to.. didn't just play it and not give a damn... If you didn't get access you'll at least have the benefit of having the first few hours of gameplay feeling fresh !
I'd like to think that this 'reward' is more something offered to those who spent their time looking for bugs and trying to help the game become more polished.
I can understand why people are upset, but it really seems foolish to get bent out of shape over something as trivial as a sigil.

I suppose people are gonna get upset that I have wings and other unlockables from the Collector's Edition I paid extra for.

Exactly, the Beta testers helped in the development of the finished product. I do not see how they are getting something for nothing..

"The best weapon is the one you know how to use.."
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]