Diablo® III

'One of the Chosen'

(Locked)

90 Troll Druid

Please.
The OP is a DK. Meaning that ZG, the level 60 raid, was easily soloable by a level 80 death in Wrath of the Lich King, when the Death Knight class was released. It was soloable by a lot of classes, and many people lamented that they could no longer get it when Zul'Gurub was removed.

To say it took effort other then to keep trying is laughable. It was luck-based, just like the Beta Invite.

It took effort by some classes.. at the time there was an achievement dedicated to it, several cloth wearers had to resort to bugging the encounter to kill it, because they couldn't survive the hits, and couldn't get a group they'd trust enough to not ninja it if it dropped. Now, we know that because of mounts becoming BoA in MoP, they could (and should) have rolled a DK to solo ZG, and have to wait for YEARS to be able to use it on their main.
It's luck, and effort, to get the ZG tiger (and other mounts similar to it). After I got mine, I helped as many people try to get it as I could before I got sick of running the place.
90 Troll Druid

Exactly, the Beta testers helped in the development of the finished product. I do not see how they are getting something for nothing..

"The best weapon is the one you know how to use.."

Not all beta testers helped.. see my comment about my GM's fiancee who is likely to get this, when she never even installed the closed beta after she won the lottery to be able to play it.
Some people aren't understanding how important "collecting them all" is to others. Theres a psychological reason behind it. Why did I want all the DK coins in Donkey Kong Country? Why did I want all the pokemon back in day with pokemon blue and red? Why did I have to get all the stars in Super Mario 64? Why do people spend so much time in games today working on achievements?

I know its just a sigil and a FoS, but that isn't the point. I don't care that I'm not getting it but rubbing salt in the wounds of players who do care and tried and tried for a beta key isn't right either.
Oh my God the stuff people find to whine about.

Seriously, I feel SOO SOO sorry for some of your parents.
90 Goblin Shaman
I find this ridiculous but not as ridiculous as those crying about not having an achievement, LOL!

It's as if you were walking to work and HELLO there's a guy giving 10x free cups of coffee on the other side of the street. You decide to go there but when you arrive, OOPS NO MORE! Then you cry and blame the coffee-giving guy.
GOOD JOB!
Please.
The OP is a DK. Meaning that ZG, the level 60 raid, was easily soloable by a level 80 death in Wrath of the Lich King, when the Death Knight class was released. It was soloable by a lot of classes, and many people lamented that they could no longer get it when Zul'Gurub was removed.

To say it took effort other then to keep trying is laughable. It was luck-based, just like the Beta Inv

Hey look, you know how to lie on the forums, congrats man!!
85 Worgen Warlock
I'm mad that every October I don't get the Headless Horseman's Mount. Do I cry about it? No.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
you stated it in your OP some were lucky and you just were not. Yes you may have worked hard to get in but you didn't. The achievement is not called i worked super hard and got into beta. And exactly how do you think blizzard would be able to track your hard work to reward you.
Like I said before, Feats are badges. All it is doing is showing someone who looks at my profile that I participated in the closed beta. That's all it does... there are many, many games that have done the same thing.

As an example (using Starcraft), if you place in the Top 8 of your league for the season, you get a Feat for it. Should people be upset they can no longer get a feat for that season now its over? NO. It just a badge or an award.

Also, a lot of the closed beta wasn't luck. I have been in the F&F since mid last year when the beta was just a small group of people.

A quick question: If there were two Feats, one for closed beta users and one for open beta users, would you be upset with that too?

Honestly, If I could, I would be more than happy to give someone my Feat - because that's how much impact it will have on me playing and enjoying the game. Take it and take the damn sigil too.
Like I said before, Feats are badges. All it is doing is showing someone who looks at my profile that I participated in the closed beta. That's all it does... there are many, many games that have done the same thing.

As an example (using Starcraft), if you place in the Top 8 of your league for the season, you get a Feat for it. Should people be upset they can no longer get a feat for that season now its over? NO. It just a badge or an award.

Also, a lot of the closed beta wasn't luck. I have been in the F&F since mid last year when the beta was just a small group of people.

A quick question: If there were two Feats, one for closed beta users and one for open beta users, would you be upset with that too?

Honestly, If I could, I would be more than happy to give someone my Feat - because that's how much impact it will have on me playing and enjoying the game. Take it and take the damn sigil too.

Oh look, saying you're willing to do something you can't do, brave man, brave!
Edited by Lemius#1767 on 5/9/2012 11:42 AM PDT
On pokemon red and blue, it was actually possible to catch them all

on pokemon black and white....................................................................

guess I'm feeling entitled to complete my pokedex
Edited by PieFlavor#2648 on 5/9/2012 11:43 AM PDT
90 Human Death Knight
so people who got into closed beta get an achievement and a sigil exclusive to them because they were lucky enough to get into the beta. what about the fanbase like me that were opted in, entered into almost every contest they could find, yet never got in? they get nothing? but people who got lucky get a sigil to rub it in our faces even more?

ISO blizzard's thinking about this matter?

instead, award people who played the beta at all. closed or open. because the open beta had no restrictions, ANYONE could play. people who downloaded the beta to play for only 2 days during that one weekend? THEY should be awarded

yes this is something small and trivial, but it really just seems like a slap in the face of people who never got in by the company.

I think this is cool and worth it.

Do you complain that new people starting WoW for the first time don't get any of the 30 feats of strengths that no longer exist?

This is perfectly fine.

The existing 5 Sigils that are being given out also wont be given out AFTER May 18. Where is your complaining about that?
People are actually upset over a meaningless achievement that gives a meaningless sigil?

Grow up.
so people who got into closed beta get an achievement and a sigil exclusive to them because they were lucky enough to get into the beta. what about the fanbase like me that were opted in, entered into almost every contest they could find, yet never got in? they get nothing? but people who got lucky get a sigil to rub it in our faces even more?

ISO blizzard's thinking about this matter?

instead, award people who played the beta at all. closed or open. because the open beta had no restrictions, ANYONE could play. people who downloaded the beta to play for only 2 days during that one weekend? THEY should be awarded

yes this is something small and trivial, but it really just seems like a slap in the face of people who never got in by the company.

I so much AGREE and wrote almost the exact same thing on the European forums just a few minutes ago.

Man... this is just such a stupid decision from Blizzard to create a thread like that!

Are they really that narrow minded, that they don't know about all the people that did NOT get into the beta and despite that spent a lot of time proposing additions and augmentations to the game on the forums!
I think this is cool and worth it.

Do you complain that new people starting WoW for the first time don't get any of the 30 feats of strengths that no longer exist?

This is perfectly fine.

The existing 5 Sigils that are being given out also wont be given out AFTER May 18. Where is your complaining about that?
Edited by Vega#1594 on 5/9/2012 11:48 AM PDT
When you start playing the game I doubt you'll care
This is a slap in the face. What difference is there between the CB testers and OB testers? OB testers only had a very short time to download and play yet we did it anyway just to participate.
The Unchosen shall tremble...

What about the lottery? Everyone can buy into it, yet only a very, very few can win. There are life parallels here, that you should be more enraged about(because those actually matter), instead of a token reward. Not everyone is equal. This is just the way everything in life works. Some people hit the genetic lottery, come people hit the actually lottery, and some people hit the beta lotteries. Entitlement does not fit into any lottery scheme, whatsoever.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]