Diablo® III

'One of the Chosen'

(Locked)

05/09/2012 12:03 PMPosted by CurseBreaker
This is a slap in the face. What difference is there between the CB testers and OB testers? OB testers only had a very short time to download and play yet we did it anyway just to participate.

For most of us, months of playing?
So any reason these threads are just being randomly locked or deleted by the CM's now?
Blizzard Employee
The distinction between a Feat of Strength and an Achievement is that an Achievement is something you can work to achieve, and a Feat of Strength is either limited due to an outside factor, or is just simply impossible to get any longer.

Things like attending BlizzCon, where only a few thousand people can attend, is a Feat of Strength.

Of course there are plenty of people who want each of the Feats of Strength, but the reason why they aren't Achievements, and don't provide Achievement points, is due to the limited-time, invite only, or simply impossible nature of obtaining them.

That would not work, first of all i think they cannot track it (anymore) who really participated in CB vs those who got invited but never really played it.
And second of all, when you are grouped with 3 other ppl... and upon finding a bug, only one player will write a report.
Wich did happen once for me, let's assume for the sake of the argument that was the only bug i ever came across and someone else in the party reported it.
Why shouldn't i receive it ?

Yes now translate that for people who didn't get into the closed beta.

"Wich did happen once for me, let's assume for the sake of the argument that was the only bug i ever came across and someone else in the party reported it.
Why shouldn't i receive it ?"

let's assume for the sake of the argument that i was never invited to the closed beta because my random number was never generated. Why shouldn't I receive the unique sigil and fos?

It isn't the same, but i'll play along.
Because you didn't play in CB, you didn't invest time to help make the product better.
I'm not saying that you would not had put effort into it if u were picked, just that u did not do it, for w/e reason.

That aside, i dont feel 'special' or more l33t by receiving that FoS.
I just really think it's cool and nice from Blizzard to recognize that the product that will be released in a few days, would had been much inferior if it wasnt for CB.
And since u were in CB, you should know that. I can think of two exploits wich would had absolutely DESTROYED the RMAH and crafting.
At the time of the reports, it didn't seem that Blizz was aware of that, but maybe they did from their internal testing, what i do know is that it got patched shortly after it.
Draw your own conclusions.

Who knows, if it was a completely different pool of CB testers it might have been even better, or worse.

The only thing that is certain is the current result, and Blizzard gave a small token of gratitude for all the time and effort spent.
Wich does not affect others. It rewards 0 ap, and will not be shown as a "locked achievement" since it only is shown if u have it.

Ps: this belonged in the other thread that got deleted while i was writing this, so i though i might aswell just post it here.
05/09/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Yuda
So any reason these threads are just being randomly locked or deleted by the CM's now?

Obviously you aren't chosen or you would still be able to see them / post in them.
I can't believe people are upset about this...really.
The distinction between a Feat of Strength and an Achievement is that an Achievement is something you can work to achieve, and a Feat of Strength is either limited due to an outside factor, or is just simply impossible to get any longer.

Things like attending BlizzCon, where only a few thousand people can attend, is a Feat of Strength.

Of course there are plenty of people who want each of the Feats of Strength, but the reason why they aren't Achievements, and don't provide Achievement points, is due to the limited-time, invite only, or simply impossible nature of obtaining them.

Tell 'em Bash!
Humans are very primitive creatures.

Hey Bash can you clarify if this only applies to people who were "invited" to the Beta, or if you won a contest for a Beta key if you are also eligible? Thanks.

Did these guys whine about the Blizzcon exclusive stuff too?

Edit: Miraa; if you had the Beta unlocked on your account, you will get it. (that means that yes, if you got it via a contest and entered a key, you will get it)
Edited by AudioCG#1473 on 5/9/2012 12:12 PM PDT
Some of you need real problems and to worry about other things.

And how does this make the CBT Feat fair?
Hey Bash can you clarify if this only applies to people who were "invited" to the Beta, or if you won a contest for a Beta key if you are also eligible? Thanks

If you won a contest, you weren't chosen - you just got lucky.

This is BS - contest winners should never be adorned with Chosen status.
90 Tauren Death Knight
It's so BS. I have 3 friends that got into beta and had never even played Diablo 1 or 2. Beta keys should have been given to people who are actually fans of the series, not douche bags who don't even like Diablo and won't even use the beta key
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]