Diablo® III

What are you spending your D3 gold on?

85 Human Warlock
With a lot of people thinking that crafting is only to be useful for twinking alts etc...

What will you spend your gold on while lvling your first character, what do you think will help you the most, and level you up the fastest?

I am thinking of saving all the gold I can to just buy off AH using gold. This way I can just buy what I want instead of putting thousands of gold into levelling up my Blacksmith/Jeweler.
Reply Quote
I know that I am going to use the blacksmith a lot. Just the thought of getting a brand new item with unique properties entices me to put gold in to it.

Plus there are definitely times where I am going to get an item from the blacksmith that has very good properties but just is not suited to my play style. I would sell those items on the AH for either gold or real money.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Generally, hoping all my gold is able to go towards crafter leveling unless I have a slot that just suuuuucks.

I'm leaning towards giving leveling the Jewelcrafter priority. A lot less of a random element there. Plus a head slot socket can easily transition fro Gold Find, to Magic Find, to + Exp as the need arises.

Slots? Hopefully none. One of the blues gave a pretty good tip about making all of your alts right off the bat so you can use them as mules.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Im lvln blacksmith

girlfriend is lvln jeweler

im barb she is wiz

win win.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Gold will go towards leveling Blacksmith and Jewelcrafter...although the first couple thousand will be for +exp/+dam rings!

The vault will be one of the last things I'll expand cause I'll have 9 mules for rares :)
Reply Quote
isn't vault size shared across all characters? probably worth it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
With a lot of people thinking that crafting is only to be useful for twinking alts etc...

Silly idea anyway. Depending on how the AH behaves, I suppose.
Reply Quote
umm inferno rare recipes will not be good for just alts....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'll be spending my gold on money.
Reply Quote
@ Natural

Yes the stash is shared but the inventory space each character has naturally (bag space) is per each so that is potentially a lot of extra storage for those who run a main and have mules as mentioned.

Just a matter of logging in and out to empty and store.
Reply Quote
Gold will go towards leveling Blacksmith and Jewelcrafter...although the first couple thousand will be for +exp/+dam rings!

The vault will be one of the last things I'll expand cause I'll have 9 mules for rares :)

Same here. Saw some nice rings in the open beta (think something like + 2-4 damage) and got both, each around 2K. Nice increase in dps.

Then I found a rare sword (for my wizard), another dps increase, and a shield with +5 Int. Interesting how that worked. I thought I'd be walking around with a wand and staff within an hour or so.
Reply Quote
Well, stash and artisans will get a good bit of it. Level stash whenever it's full. Level blacksmith whenever next tier gives usable items. Buy items from vendors when stats and affixes are good.

There will not be enough gold for me.

The goal is 1 billion gold on my character. Shouldn't take more than a week. ; )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]