Diablo® III

Wth have I just tried ?

So here's a build where I tried making the most out of Fetish Sycophants and Bad Medicine, what do you guys think ?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aSYikd!edc!aabYYZ

I find i'm lacking on something but im not sure what !
Reply Quote
Looks good to me. The only thing i would be worried about is mana costs, You got a lot of high cost spells, but we don't know what mana management is going to be like sooooo, go for it!
Reply Quote
05/08/2012 09:56 PMPosted by alan
Looks good to me. The only thing i would be worried about is mana costs, You got a lot of high cost spells, but we don't know what mana management is going to be like sooooo, go for it!

Yeah, luckily there are two easy fixes for that if it becomes an issue. You can change out Splinters for Spined Dart, and Siphon for Swallow Your Soul (or just one depending).

The big one I would change is with Acid Cloud I'd change rune to Acid Rain--bigger area of poisoned enemies = more use of Bad Medicine. And the damage drop isn't that signification, 110 and 82% vs. 100 and 75%.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
Hey Again Nerdz,

The main thing I can see lacking in your build is a reliable hard CC, slow, or escape mechanic (which you do not have any of). You also have 3 sources of poison damage, 2 of which that are AoE (may be overkill for the Bad Medicine debuff). I think Wall of Zombies [Pile On] might be a little out of place in this build as well. Keep in mind it has a 25 second cooldown, and the damage is only comparable to a use of locust swarm, acid cloud, and splinters combined (which you'll be doing anyway to keep Bad Medicine up).

I also would second the rune change to Acid Rain as while it will do slightly less damage to each enemy, it will cover a LOT more.

My suggestion is get one of the big CC abilities/escape abilities to replace Wall of Zombies, for example GotD, Mass Confusion, or Spirit Walk. Even if you keep WoZ (and maybe change the rune to Barricade as a CC), because of it's long CD, you may want to consider changing one of Locusts or Acid Cloud (Locusts is melee range cast as a note) to a different damage type to have an easier time with Poison resistant monsters. Maybe Firebats [Dire Bats] for Locusts as this will still give you Fetish Sycophant procs.

Other than that, another good looking build. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Typo, added rune change of WoZ to Barricade idea
Edited by Randomorph#1252 on 5/9/2012 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
this makes 0 sense ... bad medicine over jungle fortitude? bad medicine only works if you put it with jungle fortitude.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
05/09/2012 08:42 AMPosted by KayZee
this makes 0 sense ... bad medicine over jungle fortitude? bad medicine only works if you put it with jungle fortitude.

Jungle Fortitude is the better choice for Solo.

Bad Medicine is much more valuable in a Group Scenario, and makes sense in a team build.

I do not know OP's intentions, but if he is going solo, Jungle Fortitude is likely better for him, you are correct.
Reply Quote
Hey Again Nerdz,

The main thing I can see lacking in your build is a reliable hard CC, slow, or escape mechanic (which you do not have any of). You also have 3 sources of poison damage, 2 of which that are AoE (may be overkill for the Bad Medicine debuff). I think Wall of Zombies [Pile On] might be a little out of place in this build as well. Keep in mind it has a 25 second cooldown, and the damage is only comparable to a use of locust swarm, acid cloud, and splinters combined (which you'll be doing anyway to keep Bad Medicine up).

I also would second the rune change to Acid Rain as while it will do slightly less damage to each enemy, it will cover a LOT more.

My suggestion is get one of the big CC abilities/escape abilities to replace Wall of Zombies, for example GotD, Mass Confusion, or Spirit Walk. Even if you keep WoZ (and maybe change the rune to Barricade as a CC), because of it's long CD, you may want to consider changing one of Locusts or Acid Cloud (Locusts is melee range cast as a note) to a different damage type to have an easier time with Poison resistant monsters. Maybe Firebats [Dire Bats] for Locusts as this will still give you Fetish Sycophant procs.

Other than that, another good looking build. Keep up the good work!

Edit: Typo, added rune change of WoZ to Barricade idea

Thanks, again Mookle for some great advises as always,

So here are some of my fixes,

I knew the mana problem would be an issue, I figured that with the AOE of Acid Cloud, I didn't need a single poison DOT on Poison Darts. So turned that into mana instead :).

Removed WoZ for GotD, with increase damage, and put larger AOE of Acid Cloud.

I'm still wondering if I should sacrifice Soul Harvest for something else ... Although it is my main source of heal, so ... I would be looking for AOE dmg that give life back, if anyone has an idea.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acYiZd!edc!babaZZ

P.S.
I will most likely be playing with a group.

Edit : typos, P.S., link to new build
Edited by nerdZ#1873 on 5/9/2012 9:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Minotaur

Depends if solo or co-op...

Good point I had not considered.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
One thing to sacrifice Soul Harvest for potentially would be Spirit Walk with [Healing Journey].

Not needed, it will cut down your damage, but it will give you a good escape if you get bogged down.

Personally I think your build looks fine as is now. No hard CC, but you have 2 forms of soft CC (dogs and slow) so you should do well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]