Diablo® III

Pet-Centric end of Normal Build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aeidYT!dZc!bZaZaZ

So it sounds incredibly specific, but if most people's theories that we'll end Normal/begin Nightmare around level 30, I started thinking of a build that would work then (and I have too much going on with classes/work to marathon like I want to, so I might spend more "time" [irl] at these levels than a lot of you--who I am in fact jealous of).

1. PD could easily be changed for Jar of Spiders--Widowmakers. I just figured I like having the specific target ability.
2. I love Resentful Spirit. This is obviously my focus attack for champions/bosses, I thought about Locust Swarm for the sake of synergy with Bad Medicine, but the range doesn't seem nearly as good.
3. Acid Cloud gives AoE damage/poison to keep the enemies damage down (thank you Bad Medicine).
4. Soul Harvest. Even with theories on diminishing returns, at this level I doubt that will be a problem. I have it on life at the moment, if I find Mana a problem (I don't think I would with this setup, but if so I can swap out Siphon for Swallow Your Soul).
5. Dogs. I want everything to be poisoned at all times.
6. Restless Giant is pretty solid. Big Stinker fits more with theme and synergizes with BM better, but that isn't unlocked until Level 48. So yeah.

ZH is obvious, extra dog and more health for them and Garg. Jungle Fortitude makes us all more fearsome. And Bad Medicine, because I want everything I come across to be green.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Jolts
It would seem to be a safe solo build if you could squeeze in a defensive escape skill like Spririt Walk, Spirit Vessel or Horrify. You will defenitely need one in Nightmare.

I beg to differ. You'll have 4 dogs, a garg, and a templar to tank for you. I highly doubt you'll need an escape. You aren't a pet-less Wizard/DH :P

My thinking as well. As I progress if all of the theories on diminishing returns of Soul Harvest prove true (or getting too close is becoming an issue) it'll be the first to go, probably for Horrify but maybe Mass Confusion.

I'm not sure about Spirit Walk just yet. Maybe in practice when I get it I'll love it...and if it doesn't allow you to walk through walls (i.e. temporarily ones in Inferno from "wallers") I'd find it especially useless.
Reply Quote
Yup, and Haunt (another reason I love Resentful Spirit) anyone who chooses to follow us over going after Pets. I really hope there is truth to comment someone made about Resentful Spirit getting buffed to 2 seconds over 3...might be a bit OP but would be quite fun. :D
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Jolts
Resentful spirit does less damage than the base haunt does. It's more damage per second but less damage overall. According to wiki it was 287% over 3 seconds in the last build. I don't really like that rune, especially in conjunction with the acid cloud you already have, but I could see it being strong in some builds.

I know, that's why I love it. Assuming your timing is perfect for the sake of argument (highly unlikely), whereas normal Haunt is 575% over 12, this is 574% over 6 seconds. I'll take it!

Spirit Walk

Leave your physical body and enter the spirit realm for 2 seconds. While in the spirit realm, your movement is unhindered.

If the description is not missleadin, yes, you will be able to walk throught walls in spirit form.

My 2 questions (probably noob questions as I'm clueless on SW) are this: 1. Do you "end up" wherever your Spirit Form is or return to where your Physical Body is/was at start of SW? 2. It ends if your physical body suffers 50% damage of maximum life--when it ends from that do I suffer that 50% aka not have that life, or is it more of a "fake-out" on enemies and I'm still at full health? Worst-case on these 2 would make the skill pretty much useless, but what is the point of having a physical body left there if you didn't take damage and you ended up where your spirit form was?
Reply Quote
1- You end up where your spirit body is, not your physical.
2- You cannot lose life in spirit form. So your life remains.

Ah I see. The only video I've seen of it is the "release" one, and the clip with SW ends before the skill does. Well, assuming it can make it through walls, it will be a necessity in Inferno.

Before then I'd say hubris is the order of the day.
Reply Quote
I'm quite sure you will need at least one escape despite the pets. Time will tell...

I'm not sure about Spirit Walk just yet. Maybe in practice when I get it I'll love it...and if it doesn't allow you to walk through walls (i.e. temporarily ones in Inferno from "wallers") I'd find it especially useless.

Spirit Walk

Leave your physical body and enter the spirit realm for 2 seconds. While in the spirit realm, your movement is unhindered.

If the description is not missleadin, yes, you will be able to walk throught walls in spirit form.

Blues said no spirit walking through dungeon walls.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aeidYT!dZc!bZaZaZ

6. Restless Giant is pretty solid. Big Stinker fits more with theme and synergizes with BM better, but that isn't unlocked until Level 48. So yeah.

I want to know more about how Restless Giant works. How long does it last? B/c it has a 120 sec cooldown. I might rather have cleave that consistently does more damage to multiple enemies than 2-3 big hits every 120 seconds.
Reply Quote
If they specifically said dungeon walls, what about temporary walls from "wallers" in Inferno?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]