Diablo® III

Best CC spells?

It is obviously important to have cc. Other than using your summons as meat shields, what do you think will provide the most effective crowd control?
Reply Quote
mass confusion...
Reply Quote
GotD with the 80% slow rune.
Reply Quote
going for plague of toads, locust swarm and firebomb here with the runes for plague of toads - Addling Toads which mutates them to yellow toads that deal 130% weapon damage as poison and has a 15% chance to confuse affected enemies for 4 seconds, locust swarm - searing locusts which engulfs the target for 468% fire damage for 8 seconds and firebomb - ghost bomb which adds an additional 20% fire damage to the spell plus extends the splash range to 28 yards :)
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
Grasp of the Dead seems to be the prime general CC. As far as I'm aware, slow affects pretty much everything (bosses most likely included) and with [Unbreakable Grasp] stops things dead in their tracks, or alternatively [Desperate Grasp] which means grasp is pretty much ALWAYS up at 6 second CD.

Horrify with [Face of Death] would also be good, but without that rune, the area is only 12 yards (which is tiny).

Not technically a CC, but Spirit Walk is pretty awesome for an escape also. Invulnerability and untargetable.
Reply Quote
GOTD is awesome and I might use it in almost every build I use.
Reply Quote
I will take GOTD with any solo build I am using. However, if I am in a group, mass confusion all the way. In a group you will have a Barbarian or Monk up front beating on the enemies usually, so a CC won't be as important, and the mass confusion with the 20% damage rune is absolutely incredible.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)