Diablo® III

Micromanage Intense Class?

I didn't get a chance to play the beta so I can only really go by videos and forum posts at this point.

Some classes in games are more hack and slash than others. I was wondering where the WD stood from that standpoint. In reading some threads, I'm hearing "set it and forget it" and others make WD sound like it's like a mini Startcraft II.

Your thoughts on WD micro in comparison to the other classes?
Reply Quote
Both? Some classes are going to require a lot of micro but I feel like the WD is going to leave plenty of room for more or less micromanagement.
Reply Quote
our pets act more like wow guardians more then actual "pets" if you are using that as a reference.

only thing close to being "unique" management is; if pets are alive, mana, and dot "timers"

if anything I would say dh would take the most micromanagment between 2 resources and a lot of positional requirements skills.
Reply Quote
Click intense doesn't make them micro intense to me if they are clicking the same spell over and over and if it is spammed at the middle of a bunch of bad guys rather than 4 spells cycled with perfect timing onto a ton of different enemies one at a time while being conscious of dot timers and debuffs.

In Diablo II I considered the barb, sorc and amazon to have extremely low levels of micro. The necro and paladin were only slightly more micro intense. Then with the expansion the two new classes were extremely micro.

WD to me seems very cast just the right spell at just the right time type of class unlike the Wizard who spams any one of 3 spells depending on the situation. In other words, much less hack and slash.
Reply Quote
I think you're right in the micro department. A wizard will most likly just use one spell depending on the situation, but a WD has plenty of DoT's which he can do other spells inbetween.

He feels like a hit-and-run player in my oppion.

I think the most micromanaging a WD will do is when exactly to cast a spirit walk. Here's to examples.

Ex1: Spirt walk into a mob of enemies, soul harvest, use horrify or mass counfusion to escape, fall back casting a couple dots(haunt, acid cloud, or locust swarm), return with a dps/nuke(can be pretty much anything that's not a DoT).

EX2: cast a couple dots(like haunt), cast a dps/nuke(like firebats), escape with spirt walk(regain mana) come back with a nuke/dps.

This is of course if you don't use dogs... with dogs the micro becomes much easier, so it really depends on your build

As you can see, spirit walk will probally be the main spell to enter/exit combat, and during that time you can use a variety of spells which take advantage of it. The only character that I think might compete with the WD in micro is demon hunter as she seems like a hit-and-run type of class, but I feel like she will just stay out of range of the enemy casting single/multi target spells.
Edited by U4gnplagued#1993 on 5/8/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I think you're right in the micro department. A wizard will most likly just use one spell depending on the situation, but a WD has plenty of DoT's which he can do other spells inbetween.

He feels like a hit-and-run player in my oppion.

I think the most micromanaging a WD will do is when exactly to cast a spirit walk. Here's to examples.

Ex1: Spirt walk into a mob of enemies, soul harvest, use horrify or mass counfusion to escape, fall back casting a couple dots(haunt, acid cloud, or locust swarm), return with a dps/nuke(can be pretty much anything that's not a DoT).

EX2: cast a couple dots(like haunt), cast a dps/nuke(like firebats), escape with spirt walk(regain mana) come back with a nuke/dps.

This is of course if you don't use dogs... with dogs the micro becomes much easier, so it really depends on your build

As you can see, spirit walk will probally be the main spell to enter/exit combat, and during that time you can use a variety of spells which take advantage of it. The only character that I think might compete with the WD in micro is demon hunter as she seems like a hit-and-run type of class, but I feel like she will just stay out of range of the enemy casting single/multi target spells.

This is spot on. I don't think it's going to physically challenge micro (like APM) but strategical micro, ordering of spells, spell selection, spell placement and timing, etc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]