Diablo® III

All Mark of Valor Sigils Now Unlocked!

(Locked)

Community Manager
As a reminder, all five hero sigils are now unlocked on the Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise launch site. From now until Friday, May 18, you can earn these exclusive in-game emblems to use on your character banners in Diablo III. All you need to do is create a Mark of Valor and you're set!

Some important notes:

• What happens if I mistype my Battle.net email address?
    • When submitting a Mark of Valor entry, the website will not check to see if your email address is valid at the time that your submission is made, so make sure you type it in carefully! If you make an error, simply resubmit. You'll receive a Mark of Valor confirmation email shortly after submitting your banner image.

• How can I tell the email I receive apart from a phishing or scam email?
    • The automated confirmation email will come from "noreply@reveal.diablo3.com." If you're worried about whether or not an email is legitimate, just know that no action is required on your part if you receive an email from this address. You won’t be asked to reply or click on any links.

• When will I actually receive my sigil?
    • We're keeping records of all the Battle.net accounts which have claimed each sigil. Within the first couple of weeks of Diablo III's release on May 15, we'll be processing all of these accounts and flagging them to unlock the appropriate sigils. The bonus sigils will automatically appear in-game in the banner customization screen in-game once awarded.
Edited by Lylirra on 5/8/2012 7:15 PM PDT
I am glad you did this, I missed out on the Demon Hunter Sigil!
Edited by bravefox#1358 on 5/8/2012 4:40 PM PDT
wa wa woooo waaaa!
I started at the 3rd class. I still went back and made one for the first two, just in case. Do the ones I made before count? Or should I just go make one more banner for each class to make sure I got it? Is there a way to see which sigils my account is currently going to receive?

Also, when I make a banner, do I get just the sigil template for in game use, or do I get the exact color, size, location, etc sigil that I send in as my banner submission?
to receive every sigil, do i need to make a submission for every one of them? or i need to make a submission for every class and every sigil?

the sigils are the symbols associated to every class, or the secondary little simbol, which goes under symbol, different for every class?
What if I submit more than one banner for a hero? Will the most recent take precedence?
Personally, I don't think it's right that each hero was unlocked week by week and many of us came week after week to claim our Sigil. Only to have them all opened up and made available all over again for all to claim?

What was the point of opening them week by week leaving us the impression there was only a limited time to claim them if they were just going to be opened up at the end anyway?

I guess at the end of the day it's no big deal... Just epeen anyway eh?
I made a banner for the Demon Hunter waaay back when the confirmation emails weren't being sent out. Will I get a retroactive email for the Demon Hunter sigil?
Edited by Sunblood#1494 on 5/8/2012 6:15 PM PDT
05/08/2012 04:38 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're keeping records of all the Battle.net accounts which have claimed each sigil. Within the first couple of weeks of Diablo III's release on May 15, we'll be processing all of these accounts and flagging them to unlock the appropriate sigils. The bonus sigils will automatically appear in-game in the banner customization screen in-game once awarded.

Does every Battle.net account need a Diablo III license attached to it at the time the sigils are awarded in order to receive them?
05/08/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Jarhead
What if I submit more than one banner for a hero? Will the most recent take precedence?

Would like to know this as well.
Community Manager
05/08/2012 05:07 PMPosted by UnluckyEvent
to receive every sigil, do i need to make a submission for every one of them?

You'll need to create and submit a new Mark of Valor image for each class to unlock all five sigils. One for barbarian, one for demon hunter, one for monk, one for witch doctor, and one for wizard.

05/08/2012 05:07 PMPosted by UnluckyEvent
the sigils are the symbols associated to every class, or the secondary little simbol, which goes under symbol, different for every class?

There are only five sigils in total (one sigil per class). They're exclusive, though, so the only way you can get them is by submitting a Mark of Valor image on Diablo III launch site. As noted above, you'll need to create and submit a new Mark of Valor image for each class to unlock them all for your account.

Just for reference, you can see all five of the sigils on this page: BOOM

The accents (which are the additional symbols you can place under the sigil) are not part of the sigil itself. They're already available in game, and you'll be able to add them to any banner you create.
Thank you so much for doing this. I missed the first two!
05/08/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
to receive every sigil, do i need to make a submission for every one of them?

You'll need to create and submit a new Mark of Valor image for each class to unlock all five sigils. One for barbarian, one for demon hunter, one for monk, one for witch doctor, and one for wizard.

Is there any way to verify I have submitted all? I have 5 emails but the emails don't say which specific class they are for so I could have potentially submitted duplicates. It will be too late to tell once they show up on my account...
Community Manager
05/08/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Sunblood
I made a banner for the Demon Hunter waaay back when the confirmation emails weren't being sent out. Will I get a retroactive email for the Demon Hunter sigil?

Probably not. If you're unsure, you can always resubmit another Mark of Valor image today, or sometime before May 18. It won't mess anything up and might give you some peace of mind. :)

(As a side note, I just found out that confirmation emails should be working smoothly now. Sweet.)
Community Manager
05/08/2012 06:24 PMPosted by bitbyte
Does every Battle.net account need a Diablo III license attached to it at the time the sigils are awarded in order to receive them?

Obviously, in order to use the sigils once you've earned them, you'll need to purchase Diablo III since they're an in-game reward. But nope, you don't need to have a Diablo III license on your Battle.net account at the time you submit your Mark of Valor images in order actually unlock the sigils themselves. Once your Mark of Valor submissions have been processed, your Battle.net account will be flagged and the sigils will automatically appear in your in-game banner customization options.

That make sense? Just keep in mind that it may take a few weeks after Diablo III launches before the sigils are awarded to all eligible Battle.net accounts (as noted in the main post).
I just wanted to say thank you for this grace period because there are a lot of people out there who just didn't know about this event until it was too late. I myself just found out 2 weeks ago.

My question is, do we actually have to upload and get all creative with the banner? or can we simply just keep it simple by using the default banner and picture and just skip to the email section and claim our in-game banner? Will this still count as a claim if we don't get all creative?
Community Manager
05/08/2012 07:13 PMPosted by GhostStryker
or can we simply just keep it simple by using the default banner and picture and just skip to the email section and claim our in-game banner?

Using the default banner and customization settings is perfectly fine. You'll still unlock the sigil for your account even if you don't get creative. :)
05/08/2012 07:15 PMPosted by Lylirra
or can we simply just keep it simple by using the default banner and picture and just skip to the email section and claim our in-game banner?

Using the default banner and customization settings is perfectly fine. You'll still unlock the sigil for your account even if you don't get creative. :)

But you should get creative since we all have nothing better to do for 6 days 4 hours and 33 minutes!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]