Diablo® III

Amazon now has release day shipping for CE.

Hello from Amazon.com,

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of Diablo III: Collector's Edition.

We are now able to offer Release-Date Delivery for this video game. This special delivery option is available to you free of charge and has been automatically applied to your order. Your copy of Diablo III: Collector's Edition will arrive on May 15, 2012.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Just so everyone can log on and verify that it got updated for them.
Edited by Isobar#1174 on 5/9/2012 3:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wish Best Buy didn't suck so much. I still don't even know if my preorder is valid, let alone if it will be release day delivery. Will probably just end up going to Walmart and grabbing a CE unless my order ships out the day before. Living in IA, i'm sure they'll have them.
Edited by Tyrindor#1119 on 5/9/2012 4:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I did not receive such an email.
Double-check the links and make sure it's not a phishing scam. I got an email confirming release-day delivery for a movie I didn't order. Links in the email led elsewhere from the Amazon site.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 04:05 AMPosted by Tyrindor
Wish Best Buy didn't suck so much. I still don't even know if my preorder is valid, let alone if it will be release day delivery. Will probably just end up going to Walmart and grabbing a CE unless my order ships out the day before. Living in IA, i'm sure they'll have them.
Good luck. I wouldn't hold out for Walmart, honestly. There will be some guy that buys all 5 copies they receive, I can almost guarantee it with the demand of this.
Reply Quote
I didn't click the anything, but I went to my amazon and I indeed have free same release day delivery on it... Amazon is just awesome like that. So if you didn't get the email I'd go double check your order and see if you can select it
Reply Quote
I just checked and I still just have standard, 2 day, 1 day options, but I have always had 1 day selected. No option for release date delivery.
Reply Quote
Odd... do you have Amazon Prime? Maybe it's for Prime members only. I can't be the only one who got this, it makes no sense.
Reply Quote
Why would you even go to a retailer for the product?

Just buy it online and download it. Retailers are utterly outdated and unnecessary.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 04:56 AMPosted by Isobar
Odd... do you have Amazon Prime? Maybe it's for Prime members only. I can't be the only one who got this, it makes no sense.

Yeah, if you're not a prime member, you're off their list now.
In Germany they actualy announced the shipping date for the NORMAL version of the game beeing May 18th 2012.
UNLESS of course you buy a special delivery in which case they'll ship in on the 12th.

----

I know you guys with CE editions can't do what I did, so I hope it works out for you!
(I had to cancel on amazon and buy a digital one)
Reply Quote
Why would you even go to a retailer for the product?Just buy it online and download it. Retailers are utterly outdated and unnecessary

Because you can only get the CE in a retail store. Its not avialable for download.
Reply Quote

Just buy it online and download it. Retailers are utterly outdated and unnecessary.

I.. wha.... wtf am I reading..
Reply Quote

Perhaps try reading the thread before making a fool of yourself.
Edited by Tyrindor#1119 on 5/9/2012 5:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Funny, I did buy a copy from Blizzard as well because I got sent to Japan and i didnt want to wait for my CE to get shipped over seas. So Yes, I did that too Mr. Troll. Fact is, Amazon is awesome and whenever possible I buy everything from them. No tax, free 2-day shipping on everything, and I can watch a lot of decent television with prime.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Your just now doing this? This has been available to do since they confirmed the release date on Amazon. Did mine that day.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 05:25 AMPosted by Rebur
Your just now doing this? This has been available to do since they confirmed the release date on Amazon. Did mine that day.

This is very odd, it's almost like they are staggering the message out then. I literally checked my order 2 days ago and I did not have the option for Release day shipping. I got the email today though. Very strange.
Reply Quote
Hello from Amazon.com,

We are writing to you today because you purchased a pre-order copy of Diablo III: Collector's Edition.

We are now able to offer Release-Date Delivery for this video game. This special delivery option is available to you free of charge and has been automatically applied to your order. Your copy of Diablo III: Collector's Edition will arrive on May 15, 2012.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Is it FREE release day shipping?

Gamestop usually offers it for $.99, but only on select titles for some reason. (Must be via a deal with certain publishers)

I haven't seen anything about a release day discount for D3 on Gamestop though - the only option I saw was overnight shipping for $9.99 - but that was back in October 2011.
Reply Quote

1. ISP download limits in some countries and through certain providers
2. No delivery coverage in your area (rare, but possible if you live out in East Bumblef-youknowwhat-)
Reply Quote
Hello from Amazon.com,

Sincerely,

Amazon.com

I got that email from Amazon on March 15th. You're just getting it now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]