Diablo® III

"One of the Chosen" Feat of Strength

86 Gnome Priest
Why have some people become so upset about this? It is a feat of strength, it will not even add to your achievement score. There are several feats of strength in WoW that were similar to this, such as attending blizzcon 2008.
I vote for an achievement for non beta users that beta users can not have, and all would be well. Other then that, stupid idea bliz.
Edited by svoelrose#1743 on 5/9/2012 9:49 AM PDT
05/09/2012 09:48 AMPosted by SvoelRose
I vote for an achievement for non beta users that beta users can not have, and all would be well. Other then that, stupid idea bliz.

That would be great and you know what? I bet not even a single closed beta user would complain about not having it.
05/09/2012 09:48 AMPosted by SvoelRose

It's only stupid if your entire life revolves around a video game, in which case i'm not so sure that this achievement is the thing that is stupid...
Good to know. Thanks guys.
I agree as well. Not to mention blizzard blue has said over and over again there will be no achievements in game for beta and now turn around with this.

The said that Beta achievements would not carry over, and they won't. This is something slightly different.
Ah cool, nice to have something carrying over from the beta :)
05/09/2012 09:50 AMPosted by omgitsbees

It's only stupid if your entire life revolves around a video game, in which case i'm not so sure that this achievement is the thing that is stupid...

Please explain?
Feats of Strength mean absolutely nothing. You are awarded no achievement points for them; they are merely a record of cosmetic/silly/discontinued things. I have WoW and SC2 Feats of Strength that no one can get anymore. Does anyone give a crap? No. Do I have access to more achievement points than anyone else? No.

At most you can say "oh neat, this guy was in the beta."

but were invited and never downloaded the client and never logged in to the game get the achievement and a unique banner

They get a Feat, not an achievement. And they get a Sigil, not a Banner. The Sigils are one of the tiny little designs on the banner. It's not that big of a deal.
Edited by Scowarr#1366 on 5/9/2012 9:55 AM PDT
I was going to play a monk before this but now, I have to play a barbarian. This announcement broke my spirit and now I'm all rage. No... seriously.... all rage.
Personally, I don't really mind if I get a FoS or not (I wont get the CE edition one). However, there are quite a few people who essentially play video games for the achievements. To deny them of one, even though FoS don't count toward your score, strikes me as a little unfair.

Keep in mind, I'm going to get the achievement. so I'm not arguing this for my sake.
How is that a feat of strength? Why do they need another reward?

Oh here, you got to play in the beta. You know the mechanics of the game better than everyone else. You have a head start on testing out your builds and the gameplay. But let's reward you some more.

Lame.

Feats of strength in WoW and Sc2 are not based entirely on luck. I don't know how you missed this obvious difference.

It doesn't matter. If a completely new player comes into WoW, they cannot get all of the previous Feats of Strength, is that fair to them? It's not meant to be fair, and some of them actually are based on luck. You can't get the 5th anniversary feat of strength for WoW, unless you logged in during the celebration period.

If a completely new player comes to WoW, they cannot get/experience a lot of things that longtime players managed to. However, people start playing WoW whenever they feel like it - it is within their control. More of a "hey if you start playing earlier, you get to experience cool stuff that happened earlier"

This is entirely different. There is nothing but luck here. I don't see the point in rewarding something based entirely on luck. I was in the SC2 beta, and people were complaining about not having something to show for being in the beta, as if that was some sort of accomplishment. Never understood that mentality.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]