Diablo® III

"One of the Chosen" Feat of Strength

85 Goblin Priest
Hmmm, I mean I got it the beta invite.... like a few days before that weekend thing. Wonder if I still count for it. WELL we will find out in less then 24 hours XD

*excited*
Not our fault that some people were too lazy to get into the beta before it was too late.
We who did our part in testing and bug reporting deserve some recognition, so !@#$ you whiny and entitled little crybabies.

You make no sense. How is not getting picked by Blizzard considered as laziness? You think applying for beta automatically grants you access? I think you are delusional.

05/13/2012 07:11 PMPosted by JackKerras
It sucks, and we got lucky, but please don't begrudge us the pat on the back we got for work well done.

How is being randomly(?) picked is work well done or any kind of work at all?
Edited by Octavius#2391 on 5/14/2012 6:36 AM PDT
80 Draenei Death Knight
I don't feel happy for the beta testers nor sad for the non beta testers. It's not like this grants you anything special other than a recognition that you were in Closed Beta.

It's simply recognition for being a lucky chosen. If you have it, you have it. If you don't, you don't.
Edited by Nitai#1996 on 5/14/2012 6:42 AM PDT
05/14/2012 05:59 AMPosted by ChaotiK
Ohh a feat of strength that has no effect on gameplay.. who cares. Everybody who is crying about this needs a reality check.. priorities people.. priorities.

Let me guess: you got the FoS and now actively telling everyone that you don't care and neither should anyone else. Just like everybody who got the FoS.

It's not like this grants you anything special other than a recognition that you were in Closed Beta.

Recognition is special. It's what most people strive to get in their lives. It's in human nature.
Edited by Octavius#2391 on 5/14/2012 6:45 AM PDT
5 Tauren Warrior
05/14/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Octavius
Ohh a feat of strength that has no effect on gameplay.. who cares. Everybody who is crying about this needs a reality check.. priorities people.. priorities.

Let me guess: you got the FoS and now actively telling everyone that you don't care and neither should anyone else. Just like everybody who got the FoS.

It's not like this grants you anything special other than a recognition that you were in Closed Beta.

Recognition is special. It's what most people strive to get in their lives. It's in human nature.
^ thanks for input "Armored," I wouldn't have understood him if it wasn't posted twice.
80 Draenei Death Knight

I'm pretty sure my sentence acknowledged the special nature of recognition. That's why it was " Other than". But it doesn't affect your gameplay at all. You don't get a title that you can wear around and show off? It's something that shows up in your own personal achievements page.

Also my final statement still stands.. If you have it, you have it. If you don't, you don't. Not " Good for you " or "Aw sucks for you". It's just one of those things man.
Edited by Nitai#1996 on 5/14/2012 6:51 AM PDT
5 Tauren Warrior
05/14/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Mickit
^ thanks for input "Armored," I wouldn't have understood him if it wasn't posted twice.

No problem.

(quoting a post with no added message is the same thing as saying "I agree with this post")
Edited by Nakieon#1957 on 5/14/2012 7:01 AM PDT
05/14/2012 07:01 AMPosted by Armored

No problem.

(quoting a post with no added message is the same thing as saying "I agree with this post")

Thats what the thumbs up is for.
85 Human Death Knight
Sweet Feat of str. But Come Blizzard lets kick this pig !!!! Ya i know i am just a lil early but i have started caffine and snack gathering this morning already trying to get ready for tonight!! Muhahahaha
90 Worgen Druid
Feats of Strength will always be achievements not worth points but something that was rather rare/hard to get/only a limited time thing. My wow account has a lot of old Feats due to the account being active since the very beginning. Do I think its a good move... well. The Feat it self is kind of cool the emblem will probably be an issue with some people but its that way a lot of the time. Hopefully the game play will allow people to forget about it and move on.
5 Tauren Warrior
05/14/2012 07:04 AMPosted by Mickit

No problem.

Thats what the thumbs up is for.

I'm sorry, but quoting a post delivers more results than a simple thumbs-up that has zero effect unless several other people thumbs up the same posts as I do.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Meh. I had the beta its cool to get an achievement I guess. But imo the real FOS was actually being able to play.
No one will remember this after two days time, well maybe 2 or 3 people will, but no one likes them anyway so who cares.
I would have participated if you let me.

=(

Same here. I spent 48 hours playing d3 during the open beta weekend
Congrats to everyone who gave Blizzard enough money to be deemed worthy of beta participation.

Funny how open beta testers aren't worth any acknowledgement for their participation in stress testing the game for free.

I'll be playing Diablo III, and Heart of the Swarm, but I'm really starting to despise this company.

It's one thing to hand out beta keys based on how much revenue a player has generated for you, it's a wholly different thing to rub it in people's faces when their hundreds of WoW dollars weren't enough to make the cut.
Edited by Jaqviolet#1221 on 5/14/2012 7:37 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
I guess people should be happy now? I didn't get into D3 beta, oh well. Moving on.
85 Human Priest
I'm not understanding why people are upset about this? There are many Feats of Strength that I'll never be able to have, and one in particular that I couldn't get because I couldn't be in WoW the night the event was going on. It does not bother me at all that other people have them because it doesn't have any impact on me in any fashion.
Edited by Anthyitis#1510 on 5/14/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Congrats to everyone who gave Blizzard enough money to be deemed worthy of beta participation.

Funny how open beta testers aren't worth any acknowledgement for their participation in stress testing the game for free.

I'll be playing Diablo III, and Heart of the Swarm, but I'm really starting to despise this company.

It's one thing to hand out beta keys based on how much revenue a player has generated for you, it's a wholly different thing to rub it in people's faces when their hundreds of WoW dollars weren't enough to make the cut.

Lol, a lot of people I know who only had sc2 in their blizz accs got the Beta. wtf are you talking about ?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]