Diablo® III

"One of the Chosen" Feat of Strength

Congrats to everyone who gave Blizzard enough money to be deemed worthy of beta participation.

Funny how open beta testers aren't worth any acknowledgement for their participation in stress testing the game for free.

I'll be playing Diablo III, and Heart of the Swarm, but I'm really starting to despise this company.

It's one thing to hand out beta keys based on how much revenue a player has generated for you, it's a wholly different thing to rub it in people's faces when their hundreds of WoW dollars weren't enough to make the cut.

Guess who only has SC2 and D2 on his b.net account but still got into the beta?

U mad? Go ahead and keep making stuff up to make yourself feel better; randomly chosen is randomly chosen.
90 Worgen Druid
05/14/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Zariah
I'm not understanding why people are upset about this? There are many Feats of Strength that I'll never be able to have, and one in particular that I couldn't get because I couldn't be in WoW the night the event was going on. It does not bother me at all that other people have them because it doesn't have any impact on me in any fashion.

we are not upset about the FoS we are upset that
1) people who could care less didnt help make the game better and didnt post feed back or even log into the game get this FoS and the Sigil just for getting an invite.
2) that people like me who didnt get into the beta still helped to improve the game by giving feedback and any other help that we could.
3) The open beta players should also get the Sigil for their work in stress testing the game.
4) getting to play the beta is a reward in and of its self.

why does someone who put absolutly no work into imporving the game and posted nothing constructive get a FoS and a sigil where i did all those things to help improve the game and i get nothing.

as a side note im not angry with anyone who actually patisipated in the beta. Good for you! im happy you get an FoS and sigil. But i tried my best to make the game better and yet i get nothing.
Edited by Izera#1413 on 5/14/2012 8:09 AM PDT
85 Human Priest
we are not upset about the FoS we are upset that
1) people who could care less didnt help make the game better and didnt post feed back or even log into the game get this FoS and the Sigil just for getting an invite.
2) that people like me who didnt get into the beta still helped to improve the game by giving feedback and any other help that we could.
3) The open beta players should also get the Sigil for their work in stress testing the game.
4) getting to play the beta is a reward in and of its self.

why does someone who put absolutly no work into imporving the game and posted nothing constructive get a FoS and a sigil where i did all those things to help improve the game and i get nothing.

as a side note im not angry with anyone who actually patisipated in the beta. Good for you! im happy you get an FoS and sigil. But i tried my best to make the game better and yet i get nothing.

Well that makes sense. It's a shame that they can't seem to differentiate between those who participated and those who didn't.
woot its a medal ment for favorites
100 Night Elf Druid
Feats of Strength?? More like Feats of Luck.

How is this even an achievement? For most people, its not even achievable. And for the people who do have it, they dint do anything to get it.
Very unjustified reward imo. Doesn't make any sense to me.
feats of strength have always been luck on every blizzard game that has had them. they are not listed as acheivements for that reason, is going to blizzcon "strength" no, is happening to log in on a random day "strength" no is haveing an active subscription on a certain day "strength" no is buying a collectors edition "strength" no. get over the word they chose to call it years and years ago, try looking up some of these feats and maybe you will see they have always been about luck and all of them were not achievable for every person PERIOD. that is what blizzard defines as a feat of strength so please at least have a reasonable arguement before you bash them for doing a nice thing for people, not just argue semantics because you don't like the wording the chose back in d2 or SC days i forget which and has been around sense early on in wow.
P.S. please respond with more types of feats of stregnth i may have forgotten so these people will understand exactly what they are.
People are still complaining about this?

Feats of Strength?? More like Feats of Luck.

How is this even an achievement? For most people, its not even achievable. And for the people who do have it, they dint do anything to get it.
Very unjustified reward imo. Doesn't make any sense to me.

That's why it is NOT an achievement.
Edited by Grashnak#1410 on 5/14/2012 8:38 AM PDT
86 Blood Elf Priest
The Beta was great and thank u Blizz
90 Worgen Priest
feats of strength have always been luck on every blizzard game that has had them. they are not listed as acheivements for that reason, is going to blizzcon "strength" no, is happening to log in on a random day "strength" no is haveing an active subscription on a certain day "strength" no is buying a collectors edition "strength" no. get over the word they chose to call it years and years ago, try looking up some of these feats and maybe you will see they have always been about luck and all of them were not achievable for every person PERIOD. that is what blizzard defines as a feat of strength so please at least have a reasonable arguement before you bash them for doing a nice thing for people, not just argue semantics because you don't like the wording the chose back in d2 or SC days i forget which and has been around sense early on in wow.
P.S. please respond with more types of feats of stregnth i may have forgotten so these people will understand exactly what they are.

Monster Mash is not about luck (sc2)
Realm First was also not about luck (wow)
Legendary Weapons are also not about luck (wow)

Maybe you should learn what feats of strength represent.
100 Night Elf Druid

since when was going to blizzcon and buying collector's edition about luck? its something you have control over, something achievable.

Last time i checked, Insane in the Membrane was nowhere near about luck. Now that's a feat of strength.
P.S: understand what people are trying to say before posting a paragraph.
100 Night Elf Druid
That's why it is NOT an achievement.

and yet it lies under the achievements window. or are you going to argue that feats of strengths are not achievements? just saying.
realm first wasn't about luck?? really so that would mean everyone had a fair chance, but what about people that started late or have real life issues and don't have the time to take a week straight off for release, which i have seen a lot of threads about so far. getting a legendary weapon is all about luck, luck of it dropping and the luck of you winning it, though that one also requires skill and other skilled people, also i didnt know they had feats for that cause i got a few of the older weapons and never got a feat on my warlock. as for monster mash not sure how you got that also i listed more types of feats of strenth then you did that prove my point so i obviously do know about them, just didnt get every single one.
85 Human Priest

"Feats of Strength achievements represent the past glories of Azeroth, and as such, they are very difficult — if not impossible — to earn."
Monster Mash is not about luck (sc2)
Realm First was also not about luck (wow)
Legendary Weapons are also not about luck (wow)

What about tons of the rare mounts in WoW? Some people played hundreds of runs and didn't get one while someone got it on their first run? Explain that.
@ karmik they don't give points toward your achievement score they have their own seperate category. again back to arguing semantics, i don't claim to know everything about everything just pointing out what i have seen I don't know all the feats of strength, but the ones i have seen are based on luck. and as for collectors editions and bliz con they are not somthing everyone can get. you do understand that every blizzard fan in the world wouln't fit into a single building to hold blizz con and they had limited seats just like they have limited collectors editions.
81 Night Elf Druid
I'd understand this I guess if it was rewarding people who provided good feedback or something during the betas but just rewarding people that you randomly selected? Even the ones in closed beta who never even installed the client or played it? What's the logic there? At least reward people for doing something and not just existing.
I get your point yurez but blizzard was just trying to do a nice thing for their beta testers the software they would have to create or have created before release to track which players didnt and didnt log in and which players did and didn't post in the forums would just require a lot of time and money over somthing it sounds like they weren't even planning and just through together last minute to make up for people playing to level 13 17 seperate times cause they kept changing things and wiping accounts. I personally think you are right but if i were in blizz shoes i wouldnt waste the money over a useless FoS
Nice to be appreciated :)
81 Night Elf Druid
AlekBordello
I get your point yurez but blizzard was just trying to do a nice thing for their beta testers the software they would have to create or have created before release to track which players didnt and didnt log in ...

But nothing at all says it needs to be done for release, not like they can't send out achievements later. Also closed beta players got to play the game and participate, that's what's always claimed as the reward for providing feedback in a beta and dealing with bugs.

I don't think this is a major issue but seems like pretty stupid move on their part. As others have said, past feats of strength have all been under the control of the player to achieve (in game or out). This one is the first I'm aware of that just hands out a reward to a random group of people based on no really valid criteria at all. I would have used the example that it's like giving away an achievement and sigil to a few thousand randomly selected forum users but then I remember that they're guaranteed to have participated more than some of the people who got this one and didn't do a single thing.

Heck I'd be a little upset(not quite the right word) as a closed beta participant as well since the way it's given out shows how little they care about it to give it to people who did nothing at all. Can't really claim it's a "thanks for your work testing the game!" when a bunch of people who did nothing of that received the same 'thanks'
Edited by Yaz#1693 on 5/14/2012 9:11 AM PDT
Wah wah wah... waaah waaah, wah wah wah wah...... wah...
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]