Diablo® III

"One of the Chosen" Feat of Strength

I wonder if Blizzard has a weekly meeting to discuss how best to piss off their customer base this week.

I can just picture one of those meetings:

"You know what would really piss them off? more wallpapers"
"AHAHAHAHAH YES let's do it!"

"Oh and let's tell them nothing from the beta will transfer over but then.. ACTUALLY give them a feat of strength. Wouldn't that be hilarious?"
"Yes! make it so!"

They weren't intentionally pissing off their customer base. Players specifically asked for this, for months now, and Blizzard gave it to us. Anyone complaining about this is a huge baby.
Seriously Blizz? What's the point of this move? You are awarding people for being lucky when feats of strength should be awarded for doing something special in real game, not in beta. If you are giving FoS for that, you should also give it for participation in open beta, because ppl did the same thing - tested the game and helped you in finding bugs.
WOOOHOOO Got into the beta 1 week before open beta weekend! :D
Ok, who turned on Trade chat in the forums...
people complaining that they cant get this need to be told something:

achievements dont do anything....
24 Night Elf Warrior
05/09/2012 09:31 AMPosted by Rulis
Is this some kind of JOKE?? All Feat of Strengths were obtainable somehow by ALL OF WOW PLAYERS AT ONE POINT IN TIME. This Feat of Strength by participating in the D3 closed beta was NOT able to be obtained by all players because it was a closed selection of players that were chosen.This really pisses me off how Blizzard would do such a thing. Now if I obtain all of the achievements in D3, I will be one FoS short from the top achievement monger. THANKS A LOT BLIZZARD.
This move just completely invalidates achievements for me. Now I know blizzard will just throw this crap around anyways. Achievements part of the game is now dead to me.

Especially FoS, which don't even count to your total achievement number.
05/09/2012 09:32 AMPosted by doctorsushi

muahahahaha

want a flamesuit? You may need it.....
84 Blood Elf Priest

maybe not to you, but as an achievement hunter i am a bit angry. What annoys me isnt that i didnt get the FoS, but that i never got an opportunity to get it.. i asked blizz so many times and entered all the contests but nothing.
Edited by TrueLazarus#6196 on 5/9/2012 9:40 AM PDT
05/09/2012 09:32 AMPosted by doctorsushi

I laughed.
90 Worgen Warlock
This is actually quite lame. Feat of Strength, no big deal - acknowledges involvement in the closed beta. Unique sigil for beta testers that were apparently chosen at random however, is rather unfair. Even though it is purely cosmetic, it's something that can and will be shown to other players regularly. These are the type of decisions that make elitism and arguments start in the first place. "I have the beta sigil, so I'm better than you."

It's my opinion that this is a poor decision that serves no real purpose other than to prop up those who had the right hardware profile or were selected at random.

Do Blizz employees that were involved in the closed beta testing have access to this "reward?" Are we playing favorites now?

As a Blizzard fan who generally understands the reasons you make decisions you do, this is the first I've seen in a long time that doesn't promote fair-chance for all those that may be interested.

"Want the cosmetic pet for the legendary FL staff - obtain the legendary yourself (even if that means leveling a caster from level 1 and pugging every run!)"

"Want this unique in-game sigil, be randomly selected to participate in the closed beta"

Doesn't really add up. Again, it's my opinion.
I'm super duper speeeeshul.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]