Diablo® III

"One of the Chosen" Feat of Strength

05/09/2012 09:25 AMPosted by omgitsbees
I tried really hard for 8 months to get in the closed beta. There shouldn't bee anything from beta carried over unless everyone had the same opprtunity to participate.

That's why it's a feat of strength, they are not intended to be gained by everyone. Like in WoW and Starcraft II, they are once in a life time achievements that eventually can no longer be obtained.

Feats of strength in WoW and Sc2 are not based entirely on luck. I don't know how you missed this obvious difference.
91 Dwarf Death Knight
It's something we had no control over and should have no special reward for.

Untrue...you did have some degree of control besides opting in and getting lucky. There were contests all throughout the beta giving people a chance to legitimately earn a key. You can always try networking via fansites or even employees to get a key. You can buy a key on ebay. You can attend a BlizzCon to get access. There were opportunities.

And many who participated in the beta did Blizzard a favor by helping the game run more smoothly for ALL of us. That effort has it's merit.

Let Blizzard reward the people that did them a favor, and let those people get some lasting satisfaction for their efforts. Don't rain on their parade just because you were unlucky.

Feats of Strength are what? Achievements?

They're achievements that don't contribute to your achievement count. SC2 had several, and some were awarded from buying the collectors edition or attending BlizzCon. It's purely cosmetic, and raging over them is just asinine.

I agree!

The fact that people who were lucky enough to get into the Beta actively tested the game for Blizzard is well worth rewarding them for their efforts.

Also, Thank you for the chance to test the Diablo III Beta! It was a blast.
Edited by Diablo92#1531 on 5/9/2012 9:43 AM PDT
battletag#1953_3 now on ebay for $500.00

it comes with a unobtainable FoS.

Rulis will be asking his mommy for her credit card to purchase this extremely rare and valuable item.

I lawled.
85 Human Rogue
05/09/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Seraphim
that's not a feat of strength just pure luck ....
fun
..you guys realize that this is just some letters written on your account, right? There is no benefit. Some people rage so hard over an achievment, I don't get it.
05/09/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Toiletmonstr

That's why it's a feat of strength, they are not intended to be gained by everyone. Like in WoW and Starcraft II, they are once in a life time achievements that eventually can no longer be obtained.

Feats of strength in WoW and Sc2 are not based entirely on luck. I don't know how you missed this obvious difference.

It doesn't matter. If a completely new player comes into WoW, they cannot get all of the previous Feats of Strength, is that fair to them? It's not meant to be fair, and some of them actually are based on luck. You can't get the 5th anniversary feat of strength for WoW, unless you logged in during the celebration period.
Wow, this is a pleasant surprise considering most didn't expect anything for participating. Thank you Bliz!
Since when did "being a die-hard fan of something" automatically equate to demanding to be given everything in relation to that something? I'm sure there are a lot of fans of Abraham Lincoln that would have loved to have gotten to talk to him, but I don't see them crying and complaining because they never got the chance to.

The beta was a lottery and not everyone can be lucky enough to "win" that lottery. That's just how it goes. If Blizzard wants to give those that were lucky enough to get in some kind of reward, that's their business and right as the developer.

If you are actually thinking about not playing Diablo 3 because of this minute little thing, then please do us all a favor and decide not to play. You'll save everyone a huge headache down the road when you figure out that there's no guarantee that you'll ever get the "best gear" in the game.
05/09/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Mormega
Feat of Luck

Hahaha, this is great. Seriously it doesn't matter one way or the other. Grats to everyone who got into the closed Beta.

(so glad I'll never have to deal with a character wipe!)
It's pretty funny that people are threatening not playing the game anymore because they didn't get a FoS/sigil.
Thx Blizz, appreciate it :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]