Diablo® III

Brawler: A Must Have?

How can anyone turn down an almost constant 30% damage bonus for a melee class? Then, when you add Bloodthirst while dual/2h wielding, the self heals alone are worth it.
Reply Quote
I agree this damage is a little high, 20-25% would be more reasonable, but the other options the barbarian has are solid decisions. This ability has not found it's way into all of my builds.
Reply Quote
The problem I have with brawler is that most of my builds are solid when surrounded or in a pack with skills like cleave/revenge/rend/overpower and it is the single tough targets I am worried about so I take passives that will help in those situations, even though brawler has a higher % increase.
Reply Quote
One of my builds I made specifically for easy switching between single and multiple targets. My single target build focuses on crit and (obviously) single target damage. But by switching out one skill and one passive the build becomes a high crit multi target build which incorporates brawler.

Only time will tell if this is recipe for success for me.. but I try to make all of my builds with end game, challenging enemies (and enemy groups) in mind.
Reply Quote
Brawler is too good for a passive. It will most likely get nerfed to requirea a higher # of nearby mobs or a lower % dmg increase. The only time to not use it is during some boss encounters (where adds aren't a big deal) - and in that situation you will just sub it out. If you are not implementing brawler your build is likely not optimal..
Reply Quote
You must have at least 3 monsters within 8 yards... 8 yards in this game is a very short range, so even if there's a whole pack of monsters on the screen, you'll really have to get into the fray to keep 3 monsters near you.

Since nobody ever corrected me on my post related to damage buff stacking, I keep believing they stack additively, meaning the 30% from Brawler adds up to, say, the 30% of Battle Rage. It gets to a point where you're at 200% damage (and very likely higher at Hell/Inferno levels) and the 30% from Brawler is only really increasing your damage by 15%.

So, considering the multitude of buffs, the way they stack up, and the fact that the Brawler buff is conditional and forces you to get in the danger zone, I think the 30% is justified.
Reply Quote
I like brawler, but think its a tad situational. Only gameplay will tell how great it is, seems like a great group passive.
Reply Quote
8 yards is basically touching your character. Its more restrictive than you think.

Secondly bosses/champions/rares are unlikely to activate the passive. Thus when you need the buff the most, you aren't going to get it.

As awesome as it may seem on paper, its probably not that great in practice.
Reply Quote
8 yards is basically touching your character. Its more restrictive than you think.

Secondly bosses/champions/rares are unlikely to activate the passive. Thus when you need the buff the most, you aren't going to get it.

As awesome as it may seem on paper, its probably not that great in practice.

Truth. Basically, ill sum up brawler as this...

Great until nephalem valor comes into play, since u can switch it out when u fight bosses/champions. But once neph comes into play, brawler can be scrapped for a dif passive.
Reply Quote
Range is really way to short to be useful in most situation. A lot of great passives, this one won't make many builds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Brawler is a crowd wiper, what really matters is unique monsters of which you won't get the brawler status.

If you want to maximize damage on uniques / bosses, don't get this.
Reply Quote
05/09/2012 11:56 PMPosted by Watties
8 yards is basically touching your character.

Where do you get this from? How is distance measure in this game? If it was to scale 8 yards = ~8 meters = 24 feet = over 3-4 Barbarian body lengths.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but what source are you using to understand how distance is measured in this game?
Reply Quote
After watching some skill videos (from near the end of march) I'm no longer sold on the accuracy of this diagram.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 12:30 PMPosted by MegaMooMoo
http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/data/632/medium/D3_Distance_Map.jpg

Thank you!
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 12:41 PMPosted by CdrRogdan
After watching some skill videos (from near the end of march) I'm no longer sold on the accuracy of this diagram.

Do you think it is underestimating or overestimating distances? By how much?
Reply Quote
its definitely nice, not a must have
Reply Quote
I have a feeling damage output will not be only thing needed in inferno.
Reply Quote
I think I will leave it out until a more indepth analysis of it can be made. I'm on the fence with it, but until the analysis for me is in, I think I will leave it out.
Reply Quote
05/10/2012 12:41 PMPosted by CdrRogdan

Its pretty accurate from my experience in beta.

It was a shock to the system when I got the rune that increases the range of rend and the aoe still seemed really small.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]