Diablo® III

[Mac] Diablo III System Requirements

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
Mac Minimum System Requirements:
  • Mac® OS X 10.6.8*, 10.7.x (Latest Version)
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
  • 12 GB available HD space
  • 2 GB system RAM
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • Broadband Internet connection**
  • 1024x768 minimum display resolution

• Mac Recommended System Specifications
  • Mac® OS X 10.7.x (Latest Version)
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo
  • 2 GB of system RAM or greater
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

• Unsupported
    (If you have any of these then your system is not supported)
  • Any PowerPC processor
  • Mac OS X 10.7.3 and under
  • Mac OS X 10.6.7 and under
  • Mac OS X 10.5.8 and under
  • Intel GMA 950
  • Intel GMA X3100
  • NVidia GeForce 7300 GT
  • NVidia GeForce 7600 GT
  • NVidia Quadro 4500
  • ATI X1600
  • ATI X1900
  • ATI 2400 XT
  • Any graphics cards that is not designed specifically for use on Mac
  • Hackintosh

• *Special Note: Mac OS X 10.6 users with Intel HD 3000 chipsets will need to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.x) to play Diablo III due to driver bug issues. To learn more about this, please read the Diablo III Software Incompatibilities support article.

**Note: Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connection. Wireless results may vary.
    Edited by Machkhan on 5/10/2012 5:30 PM PDT
    So technically the 9400m is supported? I tried the beta and it was basically unplayable even on lowest settings. All other requirements were met.
    Support Forum Agent
    9400m is supported.

Please wait until you get to test the live client. Beta is over and we want to reserve these forums for live client issues.

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
    90 Tauren Death Knight
    I am wondering if I will be able to play even though my graphics card is a Intel GMA X3100.

I recognize that it is listed as unsupported but it was listed that way for Starcraft 2 as well and I am able to play that with no problem. All that happens is I get a message stating that my graphics card is unsupported and I go on about my business.
    Support Forum Agent
    I am wondering if I will be able to play even though my graphics card is a Intel GMA X3100.

I recognize that it is listed as unsupported but it was listed that way for Starcraft 2 as well and I am able to play that with no problem. All that happens is I get a message stating that my graphics card is unsupported and I go on about my business.

More than likely you will not be able to play.

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...
    90 Human Warlock
    Yeah my graphics card is unsupported too, I am able to play WoW and SCII with no issues as well.

Will upgrading to Lion help? Are there updated drivers in there? As of now I am not able to play D3 because of this graphics card error. Software updates option under the Apple icon do me no good, as all my software is currently up to date.

Help!!! Lol
    Edited by KzadMG1042#1347 on 5/14/2012 2:42 PM PDT
    90 Human Warlock
    ^ Please disregard my above post. Did a little research and it looks like I am going to have to buy a new computer just to play the game.

My system specs (unsupported) :P

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac5,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.33 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 4 MB
    Memory: 3 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
    SMC Version (system): 1.9f4
    Serial Number (system): W87270DUVUW
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E33E3D53

Graphics card info:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x71c5
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-139
    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.139
    Displays:
    iMac:
    Resolution: 1680 x 1050
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes
    Display Connector:

If you have this type of iMac then you most likely won't be able to play, even with a Lion upgrade. *sighh Guess I need to get a refund...

UPDATE: Yes I was right. Even with Lion upgrade I still can't play. Sorry guys! Looks like all of you with these unsupported cards need to get upgrades or buy new computers.
    Edited by KzadMG1042#1347 on 5/14/2012 4:40 PM PDT
    86 Troll Hunter
    Okay, I just preordered the game and I didnt realize I couldnt download it with my mac...I have a Macbook Version 10.4.11. Is there really no way i can download this game?
    90 Blood Elf Mage
    Hi,

I have a iMac with an ATI 2400 XT video card, listed as Unsupported. I can play WoW very well, so, can I have some hope to play Diablo III with it??
    86 Troll Hunter
    Another question, Doing research, I came to think that i need to go buy Snow Leopard from the mac store. If i do that, then will i be able to download Diablo 3?
    90 Human Warlock
    Imsoft: From what it looks like, and due to my personal experience, your Mac has to meet the specs above or you won't be able to play.
    90 Tauren Death Knight
    Well that sucks. My question then is why does SC2 let me play?
    85 Night Elf Death Knight
    I'm running a GMA X3100. It is unsupported and I purchased the game through the World of Warcraft year long subscription. In fact that is the only reason I committed to WoW for such a long time. If D3 does not run on my computer will I get a refund?
    90 Tauren Death Knight
    Im in the same boat.
    88 Blood Elf Paladin
    05/14/2012 05:42 PMPosted by Antex
    I'm running a GMA X3100. It is unsupported and I purchased the game through the World of Warcraft year long subscription. In fact that is the only reason I committed to WoW for such a long time. If D3 does not run on my computer will I get a refund?

my thoughts exactly, i think almost all mac players are going to run into this problem
    85 Blood Elf Paladin
    One OS away from being able to play it >.>
    85 Undead Rogue
    Can anyone help me? I have no clue how to compare my specs to the minimum requirements.

I have,

2010 macbook pro snow lepord version 10.6.8
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    4 GB ram
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

If more info is needed I can provide. Thank you for any help you may give.
    I feel like an idiot. I bought and downloaded the game and my Mac system is unsupported (Intel GMA 950). So, I can not play either. Is there any way I can get a refund because there is no way I can afford to purchase a new computer to play D3 :(
    Support Forum Agent
    05/14/2012 06:54 PMPosted by SmacAttack
    So, I can not play either. Is there any way I can get a refund because there is no way I can afford to purchase a new computer to play D3 :(

You will need to contact customer support for this answer. Technical Support is unable to assist with the billing aspects.
    Support Forum Agent
    Can anyone help me? I have no clue how to compare my specs to the minimum requirements.

I have,

2010 macbook pro snow lepord version 10.6.8
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
    4 GB ram
    NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

If more info is needed I can provide. Thank you for any help you may give.

You are fine. That is above min specs.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]