Diablo® III

[Mac] Diablo III System Requirements

(Locked)

52 Human Paladin
I just posted a ticket with this on it:
Hi
I have read the forums and stickies and I know you are very aware of the problems with NVidia 9400M video cards. I just thought I would send a ticket to add my voice to the cry for help. I know that in many organisations management direct extra resources to deal with problems that receive the most complaints. If so, I hope this helps. If not, sorry to bother you whilst you work on the problem. Cheers, C P
Well that's just great, bought the game for £45 and I can't even play it thanks to my Intel GMA X3100. Everything else but that damn thing.
Exact specs:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 144 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

is there truly no way of me being able to play this game despite all the fricken money I spent?
For those with 9400 or the 320, we are very aware that it is not playable in a lot of zones. We will optimize the game to change this.

We just need some time, I hope you understand that we can't release a patch with such a change very quickly. We do not want to introduce a bigger problem.

Thanks for the reply blue! Though, what do you mean "zones". You mean certain parts in the story like large battles, etc?

Also, understandably you can't release the patch this quick - though an ETA would be much appreciated.

I've got the 320M and my brother the 9400M. Playing together has been pretty tough these first few days.
Thank you. I am waiting patiently and anxiously for resolution to this.
I just turned on my computer after playing successfully yesterday as soon as the server came online. Now i get this what do i do please help? The error number is this E2E70246-DEC4-4007-9E6E-3B6F0AC336D5
My system is
Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)
27-inch (2560 x 1440)
Please help as this game is becoming very troublesome its a pity because i do think its good
How much time? It's been a week and I still can't play act 2 for nothing. This was brought up in beta and it seems you guys have rushed yet another game to market without a good mac client. Blizzard, I'm sorry to tell you this but the only reason I bought another game of yours was due to the title alone. I played WOW for years and when you newb it up, I quit. Maybe you should look at the final product instead of the bottom line. This is the last game I will buy from you!
i want my money back...
unless you guys fix the 9400 problem in the next two weeks
i want my money back...

+ 1,000

Seriously. I'm calling customer service this afternoon and inquiring about a refund. Being told that this game was playable on the 9400 was a flat out lie. This needs to be patched or our money should be returned to us if we purchased the game digitally. It is that simple.
Any ETA on the 9400M 256MB problem being fixed? I'm getting lag for most regions of the game (ex : Belial battle, when there are raining/snowing effects, etc.) Thanks, it's much appreciated.

System specs :
MacBook Pro 15" 2,6 Ghz Core 2 Duo mid 2009
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 256 MB

In smaller maps (inside a cellar) I get 25 FPS which is totally playable. In large outside areas like the Oasis, and in intense boss fights I drop to under 10 for very long periods of time. This made Act IV almost impossible in normal mode and I'm guessing it will literally be impossible next go 'round.

Per this post, I'm at the minimum specs required. Is this the performance I should expect? It is unplayable in about 50% of the game, very annoying in another 30%, slightly frustrating in 15% and runs like a dream about 5% of the time.

Love the game, just wish it was running at 20FPS all the way through...
05/21/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Visionaire
In smaller maps (inside a cellar) I get 25 FPS which is totally playable. In large outside areas like the Oasis, and in intense boss fights I drop to under 10 for very long periods of time.

same here. i can live with the gameplay when it's running around 25 FPS, wish it was greater but i guess Macs were really designed for gaming either. BUT, if the game consistently ran around 20 FPS for me, i would be somewhat pleased.

i think this is something that a "patch" can DEFINITELY fix.
I'm a little late here, but thanks for the update S4d1k! Its funny that at the moment, I have this awesome game in front of me and I spend all my time watching the little FPS number in the top left corner.
Any one have any info on how these perform
AMD Radeon HD 6770M with 1GB GDDR5 (the current best chip in a macbook pro)
or
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB GDDR5 (the top card in the current iMacs)

I am stuck playing with a 9400 on a 2008 macbook, I am gonna get something new soon, but also wanna wait for apple to refresh there line up with the sandy-bridge CPU's

nightmare is a nightmare with 5-15 fps :(

thanks
Totally unplayable with GeForce 9400, not even at 800x600 with all low/deactivated.

iMac Late 2009
OSX Lion
3,06 Ghz Core 2 Duo
8GB RAM
GeForce 9400 256MB

Hope it's fixed soon
i want my money back...
I just want my money back. I'm taking away the qualifying statement. The 9400M should just be removed as a supported chipset, because the game just isn't playable on it. I even went with the Windows 7 via BootCamp workaround, and the performance isn't too much better (I *can* get 20 fps instead of 10, apparently depending on the lunar cycle, but sometimes it's not an improvement at all).
It's me again.
I'm lil bit happy, at least you heard our complain and respond it.
With my last post (#149), i wrote down again my spec :
MBP late 2008
Processor : 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory : 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
Software : Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
Good news is, i can play it just for 5 minutes for smooth and good FPS.
Bad news is, i must restart game (close and open it again) every 5 minutes. Crazy heh?

But i have another solution, that is playing it at windows 7 via bootcamp. I using 1440x900 resolution, untick both FPS foreground and background then tick vertical sync, others leave it at default, which is no shadow, both low and no antialiasing. The result is, i can play it smooth, stable at 30 FP, sometimes drop but not much even i can ignore it.
This mean is i play it with same video card but different OS, so i think your mac version really really has something homework for you to do. Please, fix it as soon as possible, we already spend our money to this game. This is not about refund but this is about your responsibility for launching game without notice it.
My early 2009 white Macbook runs pretty smoothly with all settings low and in Windowed mode.
Specs:
Processor 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x 2GB)
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
It's not ideal, but it runs very smoothly on lowest settings and in windowed mode
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]