Diablo® III

[Mac] Diablo III System Requirements

(Locked)

Does it run faster in Windows mode?
yeah keep the resolution in windowed mode and all settings low or off. it run smoothly
check this thread i just posted for 9400M workaround that runs smoothly for me
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271779431
05/22/2012 02:52 AMPosted by kachunchau
Does it run faster in Windows mode?

I dont know what do you mean about faster, but at least there's no drop FPS in windows via bootcamp. Pretty smooth but sometimes overheat hahaha. Thats why i dont want play game in windows via bootcamp. My opinion, Mac is sucks! no, i mean Apple is sucks! I soon buy new Alienware for playing game.
Thanks,

Just tried it in Windowed Mode and it definitely runs a lot smoother.
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
2.66 GHz Intel Core i7
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB

im getting the fps issue. i did the SMC process, ctrl option cmd and esc when comp is off function.

i also did the grahpics setting thing on my energy saver option. but im still getting 4 fps.

can anyone help please?

thank you :)
Jhong, I have the same system specs as you, and none of the suggested workarounds are working. I ended up installing D3 in a bootcamp partition, which works; I'd do the same if you want the game to run anytime soon.
I also have to add my name to the list of 9400 video card owners... unless "supported" is clarified to mean - you can start the game but it's so slow it's virtually unplayable (NOTE: I'm already playing on the lowest/default settings) - then I'm not making the purchase unless it can be fixed somehow. I'm just glad I found this out on a starter edition.
Edited by panapple#1865 on 5/22/2012 7:57 AM PDT
Hi there I'm not a mac expert so I was wondering if these system specs would work for diablo 3

Processor 2.4 GHz intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

If you could let me know that would be so great!
Thanks
where do i find this bootcamp?
+1 for the 9600. Blizz, I know you guys always did your best to work around the clock to fix the problems. I'll be patient. Diablo III took 12 years and to make and so far I can see how great a game it already is and all the potential it can have in future expansions.

Please give us a nice patch fast that can make us fall in love with Diablo III just like the first time we played diablo I so long ago! All the best guys!
always seem to get blzptserror00003 when putting dvd installer disk in.
some help would be appreciated :D
Edited by MonsterLover#2172 on 5/23/2012 8:44 AM PDT
Can anyone help me? I have no clue how to compare my specs to the minimum requirements.

I have,

2010 macbook pro snow lepord version 10.6.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
4 GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

If more info is needed I can provide. Thank you for any help you may give.

You are fine. That is above min specs.

If this is above minimum specs why am I getting 15-20 fps. =[ It's such a great game, I just want it to run smoothly...I spend more time on here than playing the game. It's like it's in slow motion. (and yes I've done all the obvious things to help performance.)

if it's not clear I have the exact same mac :P
Edited by Fred#2634 on 5/23/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Support Forum Agent
We're working on an optimization update for the 9400M and other graphics cards. If you have not had a chance to read our sticky about this, please take a moment to do so.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5151270034
90 Human Warlock
Good job blizzard I have Mac OS X 10.5.8 and it works fine for WoW but it wont work for Diablo 3? So your telling me this requires a better computer than WoW.....
2.4ghz i5 Dual Core
NVIDIA GeForce GT300M 256mb
8GB Ram

Only get 15-20 fps after Act 1. Pretty much unplayable, despite my system being the recommended specs. Disappointing.
90 Draenei Shaman
05/24/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Søuleåter
Good job blizzard I have Mac OS X 10.5.8 and it works fine for WoW but it wont work for Diablo 3? So your telling me this requires a better computer than WoW.....

You're two operating system updates (2+ years) behind. Don't complain when you haven't shelled out the 30 dollars to update your operating system in over two years. If you did you might be able to play depending on your computer's hardware.
05/09/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Machkhan
NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT
I have the 2.0ghz i7 quadcore, 4gb with Intel Graphics 3000 + AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256B, Once I lowered the resolution the game runs really smooth, except there is about a .5 second delay when I click on things, anyone know how I can get rid of the delay so when I click on things such as barrels, characters, items, etc. it will be instant?
My Macbook Pro is from mid-2010

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

sufficient for the recommended settings

I experience crashes almost every time i play at random times.
What can I do?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]