Diablo® III

[Mac] Diablo III System Requirements

(Locked)

85 Human Paladin
Will do.
85 Tauren Druid
9400m is supported.

Please wait until you get to test the live client. Beta is over and we want to reserve these forums for live client issues.

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...

Lol...well its live client, and my 9400M is running at 10fps, just like it was in the Beta. So now what?

And yes, meet or exceed minimum Specs, Lion 10.7.4, everything updated, all settings on LOW or off...and still...10fps. Unplayable.
Support Forum Agent
Are you using the default resolution as well? I believe this is 800x600

85 Tauren Druid
Are you using the default resolution as well? I believe this is 800x600

I was using my MBP default Resolution: 1440x900 = 10fps
Dropped it to 800x600 and it improved to 20fps, but the resolution makes everything blurry, and its not in 16:10 aspect.
Tried the next resoultion up from 800x600, 1024x768 to keep it in 16:10 ratio, and it split the difference, 15fps, and just as blurry as 800x600
Support Forum Agent
The default resolution for the 9400M chipset for Diablo III I believe is 800x600.

The 9400M chipset is defaulted to 800x600 for game play due to low vertex shader support. Trying to play it on higher resolutions will lower performance.

The recommend/default settings that are enabled for each Mac varies, and will allow for optimal performance.

100 Orc Rogue
05/14/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Mezamete
Would the 7600 GT work if I used bootcamp and ran Windows?

I'd like to update and let others using this card know that the game is actually running just fine on 10.6.8. Runs smooth so long as you keep the resolution moderately low and all other settings on default (lowest/off).
I just got to play diablo 3 for the first time but even though the system requirements were met and even exceeded (my video card is a GeForce 9400), The game runs very slowly and can't really be played even with the lowest graphics settings and 800x600 resolution. What's wrong?

I have an iMac9,1 with
Mac OS X 10.6.8
Intel core 2 Duo 2,66 GHz
4Gt ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Edited by NadE#2495 on 5/15/2012 7:13 AM PDT
93 Night Elf Druid
Here are the specs on my computer. I'm also upgrading to snow leopard so I have the correct OS. Does this meet the minimum requirements to play for Diablo 3? I already did the annual pass so I would get the game free but now realized I might not meet the requirements to play at all. Very disappointing if so. Should I be able to play? Thanks for help.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3437
gMux Version: 1.7.3
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:
85 Night Elf Druid
Of course, I am having the exact same problem as everyone else. It downloads the driver/installer no problems, but once I get to the point of "checking setup files" it freezes. The blue bar only goes as far as about 25%.

The specs on my computer exceed the minimum & recommended requirements except the graphics card. But even then, I should be able to download, maybe have issues playing, but should download nevertheless.

Give me the disk anyday! This is BS!!!! Never had problems downloading from a disk before.

Call me old school, but at least it works!

So glad I signed up for the 1 year contract only to get the fairy mount & no Diablo III
I've just saw that my video card isn't supported (ATI Radeon X1600), in fact when I launch the game, after the Diablo 3 logo the game seems to start, but all I've got is a never ending black screen (i can see mouse only)

here are my specs anyway..

I regularly play WoW without big problems, and..no way for me to play Diablo 3? :(

Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2
Processor Speed: 2,33 GHz
Cache L2: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71c5
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-xxxxxx-158
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.158

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Mac_Hd
Boot Mode: Normale
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Edited by Nyshandra#2632 on 5/15/2012 9:25 AM PDT
43 Dwarf Hunter
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4850

Will this work ? I am having a problem downloading the game- I am stuck on updating the set up files. What do I need to do ?
Forgot to mention, OS 10.6.8, processor 2.93 GHz Intel core 2 duo, 8 GB memory
Edited by Sparhawk1#1311 on 5/15/2012 9:49 AM PDT
Im having trouble my Macbook lets me click play then when the game opens after its says Diablo 3 logo, its goes black and looks like its about to load but never does I see my mouse on the scree and I can move it but nothing ever shows up and I keep having to have to restart the computer.
I have a Mac OS X version 10.6.8
Processor 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 2 GB 667
and of course graphics says: Intel GMA 950 I take it mine doesn't support this game?
9400m is supported.

Please wait until you get to test the live client. Beta is over and we want to reserve these forums for live client issues.

Lol...well its live client, and my 9400M is running at 10fps, just like it was in the Beta. So now what?

And yes, meet or exceed minimum Specs, Lion 10.7.4, everything updated, all settings on LOW or off...and still...10fps. Unplayable.

Hi,
Same case here, I have to reduce all the settings to the minimum, and everything is so sloooow. It only gets better when I play in window mode, by reducing the window to a tiny one... Here is my config:

Hardware:
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03

Graphics/Displays
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

Software
System Version: Mac OS X 10.7.4 (11E53)
Kernel Version: Darwin 11.4.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes

Thx in advance for your help
So I have a MacBook Pro 3,1, which has the exact MINIMUM system requirements:

2.4 ghz, 2gb ram, Geforce 8600M GT, etc...

Has anyone run D3 on this system? Is it worth it for me to buy? Or will it just be a constant source of stress as I scream at my frame skipping screen in impatience?

Thanks!

EDIT: I went ahead and bought the game. I'm quite happy with how its running on my system. I have all the settings on low, so obviously its nothing too sexy, but it has been smooth thus far.
Edited by Arya#1941 on 5/16/2012 10:58 AM PDT
Hello, I have been running Diablo 3 on my macbook pro and have been having some issues with FPS. At the lowest settings I am sitting at around 10-18 FPS, and the game just isn't smooth. I meet all minimum requirements with 4GB RAM 2.53 GHz Inter Duo and a GeForce 9400M graphics card. I am wondering if I should expect to be getting more FPS than where I am at, and if there is anything I can do to get more FPS. Would upgrading my memory potentially help? Thanks all.
I'm barely able to play with the 9400 now...
And do you know if the 9400 is significantly better than the 8600M GT?
Edited by ClockworkO on 5/15/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Hi, I have a Macbook pro 13 inch which I just bought about a month ago. I was wondering if it can run diablo 3 well before I actually purchase the game.

Here are the specs: Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor, 2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5, 8gb ram

I have seen the minimum requirements but do not know how to compare as I am an IT noob. Hoping that someone can help me with this, thanks!
so if i have osx 10.5.8 and 1 gb of ddr2 sdram i cannot play this game??
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]