Diablo® III

[Mac] Diablo III System Requirements

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
should reaaaaally add the nvidia geforce 9400m to the unsupported list. could have saved people money for something that works instead of just making money.
05/16/2012 01:13 AMPosted by Broteinshake
should reaaaaally add the nvidia geforce 9400m to the unsupported list. could have saved people money for something that works instead of just making money.

i totally agree.

this is a FIX it or REFUND issue.

i feel really taken advantage of.
I have a late 2008 model Aluminum MacBook (MacBook,5.1) maxed out with everything (2.4GHz, 8GB RAM) which has the Nvidia 9400M.

To be honest its a 3.5 year old laptop which is past it in laptop terms so I didn't really think D3 would run on it. I'm (a)surprised that its listed as supported and (b) not surprised by the comments in the thread that its dog slow. Has anyone tried it on Windows 7 under bootcamp?

I'm lucky enough to also have a 9 month old fully featured iMac so will be able to play the game at home (but I travel a lot) however I'm expecting that when WoW MoP comes out that *wont* be supported on my MacBook.

Time for a new laptop!
I know everyone is asking just about that same question here but I have to ask. These are my following specs for my imac. My question is if I upgrade to a newer version of Mac OS X does the rest of my specs support the Diablo 3 game?

HARDWARE

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM81.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.30f1

GRAPHICS/ DISPLAY

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x9583
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-B2250L-259
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.259
Displays:
iMac:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Depth: 32-Bit Color
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

SOFTWARE

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Kernel Version: Darwin 9.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal

What would I have to change or would it be easier and cheaper to just buy a new comp? Is there anyway D3 in the future can make this game work for me? Thank you for helping me.
I have a macbook pro from 2008 and has all the minimum requirements. i downloaded the digital copy of diablo 3 but when i try to run the installation it says that my mac does not support on this type of mac. do i need to buy a new mac just to play or os there some way to fix this?
Arrrg. I saw that my graphic card (9400m) was supported and went out and bought the game. But now I realize it´s completely unplayable even at the lowest settings and resolutions.

Macbook Pro:
Intel Core 2 Duo
2,53 Ghz
4 GB
9400M
Okay, so i've been playing for the last couple of days. I'm currently sporting the nVidia 9600 GT card which has 512 MB's of VRAM. I've read that i should be able to play the game on lower-medium to medium settings without any major lag issues, but I've had quite another experience. it seems like whenever I play i 3-4 seconds of slow-motion, followed by 0,5-1 sec of sped up gameplay. This wasn't bothering me much on normal difficulty, but ever since I got to nightmare I discovered that my babarian just can't quite handle jumping into the middle of a pack with either champions or rare mobs, with little "micro" if you will.

- I really don't get why this is happening, i've tried playing on the lowest resolution (even though it didnt suggest it) with background effects set to 1 fps and i still get this.
All my settings are currently on low / off with little to no difference performance with tinkering with resolution.

Seeing as I died my way though 1st act of nightmare, I'd like to see this answered so I can start pwning Belial in Act 2!

-Cheers, Jon
Edited by WolfPackJOHN#2488 on 5/16/2012 1:04 PM PDT
im looking to buy a new computer and want to make sure the

Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel i7
Originally released October 2011
15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1440-by-900 resolution
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM
750GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6750M

would run diablo 3 solid, with no problems if anyone can help that would be appreciated thanks
Hi,
My MacMini doesn't seem to meet the video requirements: NVIDIA GeForce 9400,
and I'm running 10.5.8.

I really want to BUY Diablo 3, but why are the requirements so high? Are there any
ways around this?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just started act 2. My game keeps freezing when monsters appear. Is there anything I can do? Here are my specs.
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330m 512 MB
SMC Version (system): 1.58f16
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Edited by Candyx#1810 on 5/16/2012 2:08 PM PDT
If I meet all the min requirements but i only have 1 GB of Ram will i still be able play?
thanks for the horrible job advertising the video card situation just wasted 60 bucks on this game u guys didn't think that it would be nice to know half of us needed a new video card i mean honestly now ...makes no sense for people to be able to play diablo 2 on a computer but need something different to play diablo 3 next time advertise this !@#$ game, companiess just looking to make a quick buck . inconsiderate
Why I can only play on low resolution?

I got a MACBOOK PRO 15" (10.6.8)
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB.

Please inform me what more do I need to do to play D3 on a better resolution than 1024x640.
What about chipset model AMD Radeon HD 6750M? Supported or nay?
I feel scammed.. I don't see how they couldn't see these problems while they were testing game-play through a mac system that supposedly meets the requirements.
Misleading minimum system requirements...

2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

...and calling it playable with all the lowest settings is a stretch. Usually runs at 15 FPS and consistant drops to 8 FPS with spikes down to 2 FPS. In boss fights, I'd consider that unplayable.

Am I the only one who finds it nuts to begin with that the default for my video card is 800x600? When was the last time a Mac came with a non-widescreen display?

Unfortunately, I can't be bothered to fight with Blizzard for a refund so I'll just say this: If you have a 9400M, seriously consider saving your money unless they fix it.
Edited by Portal#1349 on 5/16/2012 7:23 PM PDT
86 Undead Priest
hey, wondering if diablo will sun smooth on low setting on my mac. im not very tech savvy.
mac os x version 10.6.8
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Dou
2 GB memory 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card.
they wont refund there only trying to make money they wont give anything back in return especially since they knew this was gonna be a big problem for ppl
Performance issues seem to be a huge, and known issue, across Macbook Pro users with 9400...is this going to be patched?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]