Serial Number (system): \
Hardware UUID: 23EA8B3F-CC89-56C0-B20D-177BDFE94B77
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

i totally agree.

this is a FIX it or REFUND issue.

i feel really taken advantage of.
87 Blood Elf Priest
The "supported" 9400m is total BS. If you have a 9400m save your money. Blizzard scammed a lot of us.
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Will Diablo III even work on my mac?

Do I have to get a new mother board to play the game or just a new video card?

Did I just spend 60 bucks for nothing or can I still play the game if I get a new video card?

What do I need to buy to play the game on my mac?

Obviously I need help...somebody, anybody?
Well if you have a 9400m like alot of us here.

you should not go buy the game.

The game will load for you and you can play; provided that you can deal with the lag at times and fast-forward at certain intervals.

I think blizzard definition of supported are you can install and play but doesnt covers the quality of the experience.

Just my 2 cents.
86 Undead Priest
im curious as to if this is just new game buggy-ness on the mac version, or if its a definite screw up on bliz's part. cause if its the latter then this is just a blatant scam.
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

from what i read i think diablo 3 should be able to run. but i have still been having issues. when i start the game and begin playing things run smoothly for about 2 minutes of gametime, then things slow to a snails crawl. i already have all the graphic settings set to the lowest possible. is this a wireless connection issue?
90 Gnome Warlock
I think mine meet at least the minimum requirements except the graphics card:

iMac
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB

Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

Pls tell me that I can play D3 at least in the lowest setting :s Thanks.

I have the same specs and I have everything turned down as low as it will go, along with running in 800X600 resolution and have terrible fps. In town it was a whopping 20fps but most dungeons or anything with multiple monsters was at 9-10fps. :(

I'd love to see what the Blue Posters say about it though.
Mac Minimum System Requirements:
  • Mac® OS X 10.6.8*, 10.7.x (Latest Version)
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 2600 or better
  • 12 GB available HD space
  • 2 GB system RAM
  • DVD-ROM drive
  • Broadband Internet connection**
  • 1024x768 minimum display resolution

• Mac Recommended System Specifications
  • Mac® OS X 10.7.x (Latest Version)
  • Intel® Core 2 Duo
  • 2 GB of system RAM or greater
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

• Unsupported
    (If you have any of these then your system is not supported)
  • Any PowerPC processor
  • Mac OS X 10.7.3 and under
  • Mac OS X 10.6.7 and under
  • Mac OS X 10.5.8 and under
  • Intel GMA 950
  • Intel GMA X3100
  • NVidia GeForce 7300 GT
  • NVidia GeForce 7600 GT
  • NVidia Quadro 4500
  • ATI X1600
  • ATI X1900
  • ATI 2400 XT
  • Any graphics cards that is not designed specifically for use on Mac
  • Hackintosh

• *Special Note: Mac OS X 10.6 users with Intel HD 3000 chipsets will need to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion (10.7.x) to play Diablo III due to driver bug issues. To learn more about this, please read the [url="http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/6200062"]Diablo III Software Incompatibilities[/url] support article.

**Note: Be advised that some wireless connections do not meet the minimums required to be a true Broadband Internet connection. Wireless results may vary.

I have the Intel HD 3000, I followed your advice and purchased Lion for my macbook, but I'm still having the same problems I had before upgrading. In fullscreen, my fps is still only 12-15. This needs to be fixed ASAP, I've now spent a lot of money to play your game... and apparently it was for nothing.
    Blizzard?!?! Nvidia 9400m is it going to work or not? I get 15fps in town and less than 10fps when fighting.

MacBook (White)
    13-inch, Late 2009
    Processor 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Unplayable? Have a solution? Lowest settings are enabled.
    Late 2009 imac 21 with NIVIDIA GEforce 9400m...playing the game on 10-20 fps with lowest on EVERYTHING, can play heroes of newerth with 30-40 fps hithiest everything and same with wow.....

Is this all because of my video card or is it because blizzard is lazy?!? plz answer
    I have been having high latency issues and I went to check System Requirements, Here are my specs.

MacBook Pro

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

I didn't see my specific graphics card on the list of supported cards. Is the 9400M supported? Is this why the game has had such poor framerate and or latency? If it isn't it is pretty frustrating since, I have had this computer for less than 3 years.
    I'm using a GeForce 9400M and still finding unbelievable lag on almost every map. I understand this isn't the best graphics card, but is it possible that the lag could be caused by the server? I'd really rather not buy a graphics card update.
    agreed blizzard really need to step it up with fixing the problem . 60 bucks for a game that runs so choppy because 9400.... its really disappointing to see this from blizzard
    [quote="50510506138"]Are you using the default resolution as well? I believe this is 800x600

This is small step for me, but big step for humanity. Or something like that...[/quoteso

whats going to happen for those who bought the game and meet the min requirements like me running a 94000 . and still unplayable. i don't think its fare to have purchase this game and to have meet the min req and not have it playable
    Like everyone else, 9400M fail. 4 GB mem. 2.14 core duo processor by intel. 0.6.8

Runs Starcraft 2 (almost surprisingly) at medium settings. Expected to play D3 on low settings just fine but it's unplayable. I don't care about it looking pretty I just want it to work.
    Same !@#$ here 9400M. Thanks Blizzard
    100 Undead Priest
    another loyal blizzard fan screwed by blizzard because i have a 9400m

seriously blizz, with all the money you've gotten from us WoW players over the last 8 years, why would you not tell us our 9400m video card macbooks can't handle d3?... refunds should be given at the very least

edited: i have 4 gigs of ram, not 2 and still doesnt work at a playable level
    Edited by OxyContin#1579 on 5/17/2012 12:38 PM PDT
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 8 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
    SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
    Serial Number (system): W80059X866D
    Hardware UUID: A93BE61F-E8EC-5A12-884E-0F6AB7C20EE2
    Sudden Motion Sensor:
    State: Enabled

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
    Bus: PCI
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
    Device ID: 0x0863
    Revision ID: 0x00b1
    ROM Revision: 3427
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Resolution: 1280 x 800
    Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Built-In: Yes
    Display Connector:

So I have been trying to play since the release but my game constantly closes for no apparent reason and just says "application encountered an unexpected error" My game just crashing randomly after playing from anywhere between 1 minute and 10 minutes. It has crashed over 100 times since I installed the game. PLEASE HELP
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]