Diablo® III

[Mac] Diablo III System Requirements

(Locked)

I too am running a 9400m graphic card. Even though I am disappointed that D3 doesn't run it smoothly at all, I am relieved to know I am not the only one figuring this out the rough way. I was starting to get to the point where I wanted to pull my hair out from being suddenly surrounded by an army that came out of no where. And the boss battle in Act I would have been impossible running this graphics card if it weren't for my boyfriend whom I was playing with. I really hope Blizzard helps us out or just simply admits we might as well pack up, give up, and find a new computer.
I have an iMac from early 2009 or something and the game is running with very low FPS! It's about 15 all the time. It's almost unplayable! If i lower the resolution a bit it boosts up to 30 fps and it is all smooth. Thing is i REFUSE to play this game on anything below max resolution. This game has to good graphics to be played on crappy resolution. I've tried to change all the graphics to minimum but the FPS remain the same.. My computer specs should be able to handle the game fine.. :/

Processor 2,8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphic ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB

Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4
+1 on 9400 issue...

I have a MacBook Pro with the 512MB 9600 GT. Game ran pretty smoothly the first day or so (at least I don't remember noticing anything too egregious). Now, after the first 3 or 4 min, it lags like crazy -- 40-50 FPS for a few seconds, then some fire or blowing dust comes onto the screen and I get <10 FPS. Tweaking the graphics settings and resolution make very little difference.

It certainly makes the game more challenging, just not in a good way.

I wish now that I hadn't pre-purchased the game. I should have waited to see how things went after launch and then made a more informed decision...
On a mac for making older graphics cards work as well as possible go to System preferences then displays and take the resolution down from the highest setting. Mine was on 1440 x 900 and was running very slowly with the graphics options all set to their lowest values in Diablo 3. I reduced my system resolution to 1280 x 800 and hey presto I have a working game.
Im on a 9400m and its not playable on the very lowest graphics settings. Even though its supported :@
Seriously reset the system resolution and it should play fine I am on a 2006 macbook pro and it is fine in windowed mode on lower resolutions.
My System Specifications
Operating System:
MacOS 10.6.8
CPU Type:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz
CPU Speed:
3.08 GHz
System Memory:
4 GB
Video Card Model:
NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Video Card Memory:
256 MB
Video Card Driver:
-
Desktop Resolution:
1920x1080
Hard Disk Size:
465.44 GB
Hard Disk Free Space:
409.53 GB (88%)
Download Speed:
251.5 kB/s (2.1 mbps

this is what i am running and ii am also lagging like crazy
Blizzard we need a reply on whats going to happen with every one that uses a 9400. The game is just un playable its a monster lag back to back ... This is a big disappointment not happy false ADVERTISEMENT BOY! your a big company common do something!!!!!!!! SPEAK UP give us a sign!!!!!!!!!!!
+1 again on the 9400 issue.

The default resolution for the 9400M chipset for Diablo III I believe is 800x600.

The 9400M chipset is defaulted to 800x600 for game play due to low vertex shader support. Trying to play it on higher resolutions will lower performance.

The recommend/default settings that are enabled for each Mac varies, and will allow for optimal performance.

I should note, I'm running on minimum settings, and performance is unacceptable. I want a refund.
Edited by XCodes#1456 on 5/18/2012 9:05 PM PDT
My Mac,
MBP late 2008
Processor : 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory : 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT 512 MB
Software : Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

I tell you something, no matter what is my configuration in game setting, it will drop FPS. In beginning at game, at least after restart, no matter restarting game or restarting OS, the FPS is good at 40-50, no matter at town or at dungeon, FPS is same, but after 5 minutes or more, FPS will drop to 5-17. More longer playing this game, more drop FPS, sometimes freeze for 1-2 second.

For information only,
The setting that i've made:
1. No matter what is my configuration, no matter that is 800x600 with all low configuration, FPS will drop after 5 minutes or more.
2. No matter i changed from high performance or low performance, result is same as number 1.
3. I test with all resolution from low to high, result is same as number 1.
4. I search to all website, even changing the D3Prefs.txt result is same as number 1.
5. Looking at your video card support, my videocard is 9600M GT, unlist. What is it?
6. I play with any game, even Left 4 Dead 1 or 2, smooth with high configuration, any game online, smooth as hell. No drop FPS.
7. Your technical supports is sucks! I already done what you want from resetting SMC to checking disk utility, or anything! Do you want me also format and reinstall my osx then installing your game also to proof theres no drop FPS to you? Geez, be rational please, smart!
8. I download it and play it at windows 7 64bit via bootcamp, is STILL SAME. No matter update any directx or updating my VGA driver is STILL SAME drop FPS!. You may looking at windows technical support! also same! They still have drop FPS with 8 cores processor or new high performance expensive VGA card! What will you say? you too arrogant for not admit it! Wheres your customer service? what service? do you already help them? what help? theres lot of complaining for your drop FPS! this is not about mac or windows! this is about your "perfectly" game!
9. Updating! I am up to date now! Geezz, it is 2012 years now! everyone already connect to internet now! don't tell us about updating, if someone forget to updating, it like 1 from 1000 people forget or not to updating their driver.
10. ck.. ck... ck.. you too arogant for not admit it.

For my opinion is, this all error is about your software or anything! But you never admit it! For someone want to buy this game, please don't buy first after it all fix. Or else, at least you give us trial for play your "very good" game because this is something like you are fooling us to buy your "didn't admit your fault" game.

At last, refund it for your unhappy customers because you are selling "no trial and happy drop FPS" game to us.
Edited by Aerok#1191 on 5/18/2012 11:08 PM PDT
I'm having trouble on certain maps is it because of my graphics card? Here are my specs:

2009 Late 21.5 Imac
Processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)
+1 on the 9400

Certain zones are worse then others. If I get 15+ fps I'm doing good. Played through normal, awesome game, if there is a fix for the low fps I'll be totally thrilled.
+1 on the 9400

I have a macbook white. Act one was nearly playable, with a lot of pacience. But later in the game even with infinite patience, this game is unplayable with the lowest specs
Blizzard Employee
For those with 9400 or the 320, we are very aware that it is not playable in a lot of zones. We will optimize the game to change this.

We just need some time, I hope you understand that we can't release a patch with such a change very quickly. We do not want to introduce a bigger problem.

If you do not have an integrated video card like the 9400, 320 or HD3000 and your FPS is below 10 then something isn't right.

There's a few thing you can try.
1. Choose your graphic settings. Turning off the shadows and lowering your resolution will have the biggest impact.
2. Restart your computer, do not simply log off, reboot it.
3. Start Diablo 3 and nothing else.
4. Do not change your graphic settings.
5. Play

You should also make sure that you have at least 5 GB left on your main hard drive. OSX needs this to perform correctly.
Mac Recommended System Specifications

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M

Not so fast, 330M users. Even though it is RECOMMENDED specs, I get dropped to 6fps after any amount of gaming and can't get it back unless I reboot my mac.

Why Blizzard would put a card like this on their recommended list is beyond me.
98 Undead Mage
Intel GMA X3100
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2

I upgraded to 10.6.8 from 10.5.8, which can only be done by ordering the disk shipped by UPS from apple (unless you want to do a torrent and burn it to a dvd, which may or may not work). Then you get "the black screen of death" once it installs. So you do this weird fix where you change some numbers in a hidden file. Then the game plays at literally 1 fps, and looks worse than D2.

I'm wondering if the Lion upgrade that is supposed to work actually improves gameplay at all?
Answer to My own question: It is for HD 3000 anyway and not my X3100 (these are different right?)

Also, has anyone upgraded their graphics card and had it work with an older Mac like this?

The ATI card is like $100, but I will likely get a new comp in the next few months.

My other solution is that I have been playing at a local Nerd store where they have tons of computers and a LAN.
Edited by GOLGATHAS#1528 on 5/19/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Why can't i play on full resolution on my ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro?
Intel GMA X3100

You graphic card is not supported by Diablo 3.
98 Undead Mage
Intel GMA X3100

You graphic card is not supported by Diablo 3.

I am aware of this problem, I am looking for a solution. Thank you.
I started playing on launch day, i log over 15 hours of game and now the game is lagging. i log off and return after 3 hours started playing ok but after a minute i went horrible slow again... it is just me or something is happening???
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]