Diablo® III

[Mac] Diablo III System Requirements

(Locked)

For those with 9400 or the 320, we are very aware that it is not playable in a lot of zones. We will optimize the game to change this.

We just need some time, I hope you understand that we can't release a patch with such a change very quickly. We do not want to introduce a bigger problem.

If you do not have an integrated video card like the 9400, 320 or HD3000 and your FPS is below 10 then something isn't right.

There's a few thing you can try.
1. Choose your graphic settings. Turning off the shadows and lowering your resolution will have the biggest impact.
2. Restart your computer, do not simply log off, reboot it.
3. Start Diablo 3 and nothing else.
4. Do not change your graphic settings.
5. Play

You should also make sure that you have at least 5 GB left on your main hard drive. OSX needs this to perform correctly.

Thank you for a long awaited response !!!!
Thank you for this response S4d1k! Nice to have a direct response like this.
Edited by Scrambles#1103 on 5/19/2012 3:33 PM PDT
Same here, I've got the 9600M video card.

The first two days after launch, everything was pretty flawless, some spikes from time to time, but that was about it. Didn't really notice any lags. Didn't check the FPS by then, but it should've been close to 100 I guess. However, now my FPS is around 40-20, most of the times at 30 to 20fps. And then there's the huge FPS drops every other second...

As many others have stated, changing the graphic settings won't have any effect. The FPS is the same on 800x600 as it is on the higher resolutions.

So, yeah... really frustrating, when's it going to be fixed?
Edited by krukvaext#1192 on 5/19/2012 4:09 PM PDT
The post by S4d1k was very helpful. Just knowing that they at least acknowledge it makes me feel way better. The game is amazing, if I could just play it.
An easy solution to the slow frame rate issue with the Mac Book Pros with Nvidia 9400M is to change your system settings.

Go to:
System preferences > Energy Saver > Graphics > High Performance.

I run Diablo III on 1280x800 with low details at 45-50 fps.

Also make sure that you do not run another app in the background.

Happy Gaming!
87 Tauren Warrior
I'm going to be getting a Quadro 4000 for my 3,1 Mac Pro. What does that fall under? If it is unsupported, does that mean that the game won't run or that I'm not eligible for technical support?

I don't see how any of the Quadros aren't supported, they share the same unified driver with the other nVidia cards.
Who decided what graphic chipsets are supported and which not.
Some of the unsupported ones performance isn`t worse than the supported ones?
Im downloading mine right now and i have 2.3g loaded, my friends could play theres at around 2.1g. One of them has a mac aswell and he began playing at 2.13g. Could it be because my client looks different from theirs? Does this situation sound familiar?
So I wonder how long we are talking for it to be corrected? Like weeks, months, a year? Just curious what that actually means.
85 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks for the reply S4d1k.
An easy solution to the slow frame rate issue with the Mac Book Pros with Nvidia 9400M is to change your system settings.

Go to:
System preferences > Energy Saver > Graphics > High Performance.

I run Diablo III on 1280x800 with low details at 45-50 fps.

Also make sure that you do not run another app in the background.

Happy Gaming!

Hey, this has been suggested many, many times, and again, it is only an option for newer version mbps.
For those with 9400 or the 320, we are very aware that it is not playable in a lot of zones. We will optimize the game to change this.

We just need some time, I hope you understand that we can't release a patch with such a change very quickly. We do not want to introduce a bigger problem.

If you do not have an integrated video card like the 9400, 320 or HD3000 and your FPS is below 10 then something isn't right.

There's a few thing you can try.
1. Choose your graphi\
c settings. Turning off the shadows and lowering your resolution will have the biggest impact.
2. Restart your computer, do not simply log off, reboot it.
3. Start Diablo 3 and nothing else.
4. Do not change your graphic settings.
5. Play

You should also make sure that you have at least 5 GB left on your main hard drive. OSX needs this to perform correctly.

lets hope its soon and that the patch is going to allow us to run at a better resultion than 800x600, Regardless im glad to see that its is ADDRESSED AND A FIX IS IN THE FUTURE!!!!!.
THANKS FOR NOT LETTING MAC USERS DOWN, BUT UNTIL I WOLD LIKE TO HOLD MY BREATH.............................

ANY BODY WANT TO SUM BHO???
85 Night Elf Rogue
I was wondering if I was going to be able to play even if I have 1 GB RAM. It's the only setting on my computer that doesn't meet the requirements. For other things such as the 12 GB free space, which I don't have, I have a 1 Terra external hard drive which is where I would store the game. So can I run it if the RAM is the only requirement I don't meet?
90 Human Priest
I am running 10.6.8, 4GB RAM, with a GMA X3100 graphics card.

I am aware that this graphics card is unsupported...I want to echo others in this post who are in a similar position as myself: what options/solutions are available to me? (short of buying a brand new computer)

While I know they are two completely different games, I thought it might be worth noting that my laptop runs WoW at around 25fps.

Any assistance is appreciated...thanks. :)
ok, this is my first post. i am NOT an avid gamer, nor am i very tech savvy. but, like most D3 players, have been waiting for a long time for this game and now that i have it, I REALLY want it to work... here's my problem...

the game runs now but is super choppy and i have all the graphics setting at their lowest. at the beginning of the game i was able to put up with it. but as i am progressing and more and more details appear, my characters can barley move.

my video card is not supposed to be supported but it works, barely. im using a ATI,RadeonHD2400. i cant afford to upgrade this until i get paid again at the end of the month.

now! what i CAN do now is upgrade my Operating System from Mac OS X 10.6.8 to OS X 10.7.4... as it is only $30 and i can get it from the app store.

all other system requirements are up to date (Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM).

my question is this... will upgrading only my Operating System now make any difference at all? or should i just wait until i can afford to upgrade both my OS and Video Card at the same time??? i would really like to play some more while i still have some weekend left. thanks.
There is no !@#$ing graphics option under energy saver what the %^-* is everyone talking about!?!?
never mind... i updated to Mac OS X 10.7.4 and no change in D3 performance...

guess I'm just gonna have to wait for a new video card. thanks anyway.
Hello everyone ! :)
I would like to say that english is not my mother language so please forgive me if I'm speaking kinda weird !
Anyway, I would like to know if someone could give me a hand and tell me if my computer is ok with Diablo 3 or not !
I've read there is a problem with 9400and I have this one but is my laptop above minimum specs and requirements ?

* MacBook Pro 15-inch Mid 2009 , 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
* Lion 10.7.4
* 4 Go 1067 MHz DDR3
* NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Thanks for your future answer(s), I just wanna know if I should wait that Blizzard creates a patch to fix the problem or if I just won't be able to play !

Thank you guys, bye bye
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]