Diablo® III

Setup issue

Before all the threads were deleted I created one saying that I couldn't open the setup due to "compatibility" problems with my type of Mac. Still got the problem and I'm getting really concerned about it. Would like some help from you, thanks.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
Is this beta setup or digital copy pre download for retail version? If it's beta setup, it's time to throw that away, it's now useless.

If it is retail setup, can you post more information about your mac?

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
Reply Quote
Same issue. Downloaded the digital copy pre download and the
setup file has the Diablo III logo with a circle with a cross through it like a no smoking sign.

Upon trying to open the setup file an error reads "You can't open the application Diablo III Setup because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

Oh man. So worried.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.47f2
Hardware UUID: 55E09D1E-9252-5864-B70A-8A656D15A323
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Display Connector:

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 14 minutes
Reply Quote
Upon further experimentation I seemingly found a solution to launch the installer. In the main folder downloaded from the pre installer i have the file labeled Diablo III Setup with the previously mentioned circle with a cross through it, which upon attempting to open launches the error message "You can't open the application Diablo III Setup because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

I right clicked on the Diablo III Setup file and chose "Show Package Contents."

I then chose the "Contents" folder and then the "Mac OS" folder in which the file "Diablo III Setup" was located, which then launched a terminal prompt further launching the installer updater, which ultimately launched the installer with the normal message "The fire from the sky still falls. Diablo 3 has not launched yet."

Hope this helps.
Reply Quote
Just copy/paste the whole folder into your applications folder. It should run then. You can also do the trick posted above where you right click and show package contents.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
97 Draenei Mage
What are you using to unzip the install package ?

Also

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/r37gr/d3_digital_predownload_bypassing_the_downloader/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Those who are getting the error "You can't open the application Diablo III Setup because it is not supported on this type of Mac." please send me the following information after you attempt to install it once more.

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.

I'm not big on boasting, but you might have to take a victory lap.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the help, guys, mainly to Philipovich. I managed to open it following his instructions :)
Reply Quote
Actually now I can open the setup, it says "Updating setup files" and "Launching Blizzard installer" but nothing happens! This is starting to annoy me.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is a separate issue. It may be due to the P2P settings on the agent file. On unstable connections or a connection where full bandwidth is not available, it can take longer to install.

We're investigating this, but in the mean time, try connecting direct to the modem using an ethernet cable if you aren't already.

Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the information. I'm not seeing anything that prevents the game from running. I may have to escalate this up.

For the moment, can you try these troubleshooting steps, so we can remove these factors as issues?

1. Combo Update to 10.7.4, as this is the minimum system requirements.
2. Do Repair Disk Permissions and Repair Disk.
3. Try resetting the permissions on the Users/Shared folder.

Let me know if this helps while I look into this further.

Reply Quote
Worked for me

Step 1: Download installer
Step 2: Unzip to Applications
Step 3: Run terminal and give permissions to the directory. Code should look like this
chmod -R 777 /Applications/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.app
Step 4: Open installer
Step 5: Wait for the Butcher
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Were you getting this same error message? If so, what application did you use to extract the files from the zip file?

Reply Quote
Worked for me

Step 1: Download installer
Step 2: Unzip to Applications
Step 3: Run terminal and give permissions to the directory. Code should look like this
chmod -R 777 /Applications/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer-downloader.app
Step 4: Open installer
Step 5: Wait for the Butcher

This worked for me as well! Thanks :)
Reply Quote
Were you getting this same error message? If so, what application did you use to extract the files from the zip file?

I was able to solve the issue with Whitesqd solution, Mach. Think everything is fine now! Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you are having to give permissions to the directory, this means you may be using a 3rd party extraction utility that is breaking permissions.

It is always recommended to use Archive Utility to extract files like mentioned here: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/3600036

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I'm opening the file via the show contents method, but it crashes immediately--I don't even get to see it pop up. I've tried all other methods in this thread and none seem to work...I can't even submit my error report for whatever reason.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: The error I'm getting in terminal is this:

/Applications/Diablo-III-8370-enUS-Installer/Diablo\III\ Setup.app/contents/MacOS/Diablo\ III\ Setup ; exit;
Abort trap
logout

[Process completed]

"Abort trap"? Just when I thought I was out, Admiral Ackbar, you pull me back in.
Edited by LowLevelOwl#1451 on 5/15/2012 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Still no feasible fix for this?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Have you've tried a full redownload of the files from Battle.net with a new installer?

If that doesn't work please send me your files.

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Reply Quote
i get this

Last login: Mon Jan 1 01:00:34 on console
/Users/sjoerdrietveld/Desktop/Diablo\ III\ Setup ; exit;
macbook-pro-van-sjoerd-rietveld:~ sjoerdrietveld$ /Users/sjoerdrietveld/Desktop/Diablo\ III\ Setup ; exit;
dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
Trace/BPT trap
logout

[Proces voltooid]

what to do??????
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]